I have some confessions - now that I'm in the 2nd year

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by lbrooks, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinboys07 @ Mar 27 2009, 01:41 AM) [snapback]1246569[/snapback]
    6. I hardly ever clean their toys.

Wasn't it bad enough that it had NEVER occurred to me to wash their hands before eating? Now, I have to feel guilty about not washing their toys too? :D

Seriously, everything on everyone's list is probably on mine too. Dog's licking babies, babies eating off floor. Is it wrong that I find it a little amusing when my daughter hits my son in the head? She just has such a funny expression on her face when she does it. :blush:

I love this site because I KNOW that no one here will make me feel guilty that my kids don't eat fresh, organic vegetables that I have whipped up. I am a full-time attorney with twins. I feel like supermom just because we all survived a year!

2. rrodman

QUOTE(babymOmmax2 @ Mar 27 2009, 05:10 PM) [snapback]1247503[/snapback]
    Oh & I got some more!
    16.) Everyone thinks my house is EXTREMELY immaculate.. thank god they haven't opened the closest yet :laughing:
    17.) I make the stupidest randomest songs ever. The kids fav hit is "Monkeyyy soupie-soupie, you're diaper smells like poopie, your daddy drives a hoopdee, & your mama's kind of loopy!" Clearly.. she is.
    I'll think of more!

:rotflmbo: :bow2: There are literally tears streaming down my face from laughing at this song!

3. rrodman

QUOTE(gina_leigh @ Mar 28 2009, 10:47 AM) [snapback]1248165[/snapback]
    Confession #57674254968-

My hair has been in a ponytail either all day or most of the day every day in the last almost 16 months. It's so bad that it's braking in places. I finally got my hair trimmed last month (after a year of not having it trimmed at all) and the hairdresser commented even before I said anything, "You wear a lot of ponytails don't you?"

Guilty.

OMG - Ditto! I have also not worn contacts in the last 14 months - just too tired!

4. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

this thread is hilarious! what a great idea:).

i have been wanting to read all the replies and add my own, but it just keeps on growing! so, i'm just jumping in now....

--you ladies who dress your kids alike are amazing! each of mine is lucky to have two socks that match--let alone matching his brother!

--i don't watch much tv but i do sometimes turn it on for a few minutes if i'm having a hard time. when i hear dh on the way, however, i always turn it off so he won't know!

--we haven't mastered sippies to save our lives! mine still get bottles all day long. and, unfortunately, one gets them all night long, too:(.

--i also don't have a favorite, but can't help being a bit more bonded w/the one who nurses. if it weren't for him, niether he nor his bro would have mother's milk, which is important to me. so, i'm really thankful to him. also, i feed him all night long and dad feeds his bro, thus the bonding thing..... but, like others, i bend over backwards to treat them equitably.

i hear tears. gotta go!

5. happychck

QUOTE(mama23boys @ Mar 26 2009, 11:17 AM) [snapback]1245618[/snapback]
    I've been known to drive aimlessly around my town if both babies are asleep and I know that once I get home and attempt to unload them, they will wake up and not go back to sleep. So, I hit a drive-thru, get a sweet tea or a coke - and listen to the radio! This happens a lot on my older DS's preschool days.

i can't tell you how many hours and upon HOURS i have spent in my car during second nap time. i've read several books, too, when i attempted to pull over. however, that usually lasts about five minutes...... dh keeps wondering why i run out of gas so quickly but i don't go that many places. if only he knew how many hours i've spent wasting gas while my little ones snoozed away.....;)

6. azmomto2

azmomto2 Well-Known Member

Can I play too? My boys are 2.5 but this is such a great thread I can't pass it up!

1. I let the boys hang out in the crib with a sippy of milk EVERY morning. It's the only way I can get a cup of coffee or a quick shower. I get them out when they start to get unhappy, sometimes they play in there for an hour. I dread giving up the cribs and my morning peace time.

2. I always let my kids eat things they dropped on the floor. Heck, I will pick a dog hair off the waffle and hand it right back to them.

3. I use lolly pops as a bribe to get them to leave the playground without screaming and throwing a fit.

4. The DVD player is on EVERY time we get in the car.

5. This one is serious and scares me to death...I got home from playgroup today and found out that I had forgotten to buckel Tucker in his carseat. We drove 7 miles on the highway with him not strapped in. I cried when I saw what I had done because it scared me so badly.

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Azmom23 @ Mar 30 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1250877[/snapback]
    3. I use lolly pops as a bribe to get them to leave the playground without screaming and throwing a fit.

I use ice cream! There is an outdoor ice cream place near our local playground. Its as much for me as it is for them :)

8. lareesab

lareesab Well-Known Member

I forgot a REALLY BIG one!! I would hate to know just how much poop, puke, pee, baby food, formula, ect...is on my furniture and carpet!! :blink: I think the twins got something on them everyday for the whole first year, lol.
    They desperately need to be cleaned, among many other things!!

9. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I have so many! BUt most of them have already been listed :D

Here is my deep, dark secret - it's 5:32 here and Hannah and Natalie are napping - still! I never wake them up from their naps no matter how long they nap. Of course, they won't go to sleep good tonight - and I'll act like I don't know why :lol:

OH, and I always bribe them to be good with watching Dora or even worse - Veggie Tales in the van. It's a win/win for me - it usually does the trick and they behave, and if not, well at least I don't have to listen to Dora for the 5 millionth time and that makes me feel so much better about them being uncooperative ;)

Oh, darn - they are awake now. I guess I should go in, huh?

10. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread! I don't have too many original things to add -- I relate to so many already listed.

I confess that I am a big justifier, and can pretend to find a good reason for any parenting decision I make.

-- my little ones watch entirely too much Letter Factory, Signing Time, Baby Babble, and Baby Einstein. But, it's all educational, right? They're learning to read! And sign! And talk! And their shapes! (yeah, right)

-- I can't stand mess during mealtime, so I opt to spoon-feed most of the time. As a result, my two aren't so great with the self-feeding, and can't use utensils at all. I pretend that this is by design -- in Indian culture, it's normal to feed children for a long time. (I was fed until at least 6 or 7.) But honestly, I just don't want to deal with the mess! My older DD took forever to eat proficiently, which was totally my fault...thankfully, she's normal now. (Again with the justification -- I haven't ruined her for life, so there's hope for my little ones. :) )

-- I am obsessed with baby wipes, and must lotion my kids' hands and faces because they get so chapped from my overuse of wipes. Pretty sure I'm contributing waaay more than my share to a landfill.

-- I really want to cloth diaper, and managed to do so with Nadia for about 6 months. Then I gave up, and didn't even try with my twins. I wanted to like it, but it's just gross. (Yeah, I had the toilet sprayer and everything. But still.)

-- I really, really can't handle noise. Seriously can't deal. And right now, Nadia is doing laps in the kitchen with the twist car, Karina is watching Letter Factory, and Kevan is playing with the cymbals from the Melissa and Doug instrument set. DH is trying to talk over the din and order a pizza. And I am about to lose it.

-- I haven't showered since Saturday. Too lazy yesterday, and today I spent all day on the phone with the insurance company and with the geneticist (see, justifying again!), and seriously haven't gotten a chance. I feel just disgusting.

Gotta go, must break up confrontation....more later!

11. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

there's a certain blue's clue's episode on Free Video On Demand (blue's big musical or something).... Side Table Drawer sings this sad song throughout the episode that for some reason makes marina just burst into tears and bury her head into my chest. i don't want her to cry, but it's just so darn cute, i keep playing it :blush: (but they really do love that episode cuz of all the songs... )

12. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Azmom23 @ Mar 30 2009, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1250877[/snapback]
    Can I play too? My boys are 2.5 but this is such a great thread I can't pass it up!

1. I let the boys hang out in the crib with a sippy of milk EVERY morning. It's the only way I can get a cup of coffee or a quick shower. I get them out when they start to get unhappy, sometimes they play in there for an hour. I dread giving up the cribs and my morning peace time.

2. I always let my kids eat things they dropped on the floor. Heck, I will pick a dog hair off the waffle and hand it right back to them.

4. The DVD player is on EVERY time we get in the car.

5. This one is serious and scares me to death...I got home from playgroup today and found out that I had forgotten to buckel Tucker in his carseat. We drove 7 miles on the highway with him not strapped in. I cried when I saw what I had done because it scared me so badly.

Oh don't feel so bad...TODAY-like you...I found out I did not buckle Nicholas in his seat. I figured it out once we got to Target and he was leaning over more than usual! :eek: I drove about 15-20 minutes! I know how it happened, because I put him in first and then Anthony was running off...so I ran and grabbed him, buckled him in and forgot to buckle Nicholas in. I felt horrible. I did it when he was an infant as well-didn't buckle him in his infant seat-he was wrapped up in blankets, etc.

13. chocomilko

chocomilko Well-Known Member

WOW, this is the best post EVER. But I feel really rotten about some of the things I do :( I mean really rotten. So here it goes.....

1. I sometimes hardly play with the twins all day. They will be gated in and I will just not be feeling it some days and they spend a great deal of the day alone. This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. When it does the guilt just eats me alive.

2. Sometimes I still feed them baby food just to rush a meal along

3. They are still drinking from a bottle :(

4. They eat finger food on their own, but I still haven't taught them to use a spoon or fork.

5. We hardly go anywhere. I hate all the work that goes into getting out of the house by 9am because I have to be back for that afternoon nap. I too like many others live around that nap.

6. I never brush their teeth......seriously......never......I need to start doing that.

7. I always forget to give them their vitamins.

8. Sometimes they wear PJ's all day, go to bed in them and if they are clean enough they wear them the next day too.

9. Everyone thinks I have it all together because I am a neat freak and my house looks good, but they really don't know how much I struggle with this twin stuff.

10. I to wear yoga pants all the time. I put jeans on, but who are you kidding? They are no where nearly as comfy as the Yoga pants. And even worse? I do yoga at 5 am and when I get home I don't even change out of them........

14. Annasmom

Annasmom Well-Known Member

My neighbor is always pestering me about how much coffee I drank....and I do drank a ton.
    I let my kids watch Tv and eat sweets (not a lot but they do get sugar)
    I keep a romance novel close by and sometime I just put the kids down and escape for a while.
    My clean laundry piles up on my guest bed.
    I totally loose it at least three or four times a week.
    I don't give my kids organic anything.
    I only shower every other day at best.
    When people ask me how I do it I really want to say that regardless of all the stuff I let slide "I AM AN AMAZING MOTHER! I deserve a freaking medal"!

Thanks this was very helpful!

15. alex&andysmom

alex&andysmom Well-Known Member

Well, I made it through about 5 pages and relized we all have a common bond, we are not perfect! now I can air my dirty laundry in a "safe" enviroment!

1. I thought SAHM was a gravy job! WRONG
    2. I confess, the TV is on almost 24/7
    3. isn't Seasme Street how kids learn letters and numbers?
    4. my kids are in their jammies all day, unless we have company or go out, why make extra laundry??
    5. snacks and sippys are a free-for-all around here
    6. give up bottles? huh? what will we use for naps....
    7. Saturday night is "bath night"
    8. we are supposed to brush their teeth?
    9. I rely heavily on the dogs for "clean up"
    10. I keep the kids up til 12:00 so I can sleep til 10:00
    11. the kids have never had spagetti b/c i don't know how i'd clean it up
    12. I am addicted to the internet
    and last but not least...
    13. Sex is for making babies...I am not having anymore babies, you do the math!!!!!! LOL
    This has been a blast!

16. happychck

my babes are fussing in the next room and i just had to walk away--just now! one went down for a nap at 9:30, i finally got the other to sleep 45 minutes later (so, no break for mommy). as i walked out the second one made noise and wake up the first, who woke up the second, and now everyone's up and i'm so exhuasted cuz they woke up really early this morning....

i NEED A BREAK! we have to teach these kids to sleep better:(.

i just walked back in, gave one the remote and one a phone..... and, ahh. both quiet. mommy is getting a break. at least for a second...... but one still has not had a nap and the other had a stinkly li'l short one.... and mommy's going insane...... thank god for this thread to keep her happy and occupied! (though feeling extremely guilty at the moment!).

17. happychck

here i am again. today has been the nap day from hell:(. the only thing that's saved me is comic relief right here!

ok, so, here are some more confessions:

--one of our ds' awakens several times/night for a bottle. it used to be ebm but then we just started giving watered down formula and now milk. dh travels (or goes to basketball games) so many nights that it's been really hard to do any sleep learning/training. we go to sleep w/a cooler of bottles every nigt and they are empty in the morning..... the other one wakes to nurse once or twice/night and it seems like heaven!

--like i said, my boys socks rarely match (let alone matching each other!). however, i DO make sure they always look cool. we live in so cali and my guys are little surfer dudes. i never even put them in onesies cuz i didn't like the "tucked in" look. i act like it's no biggie but really i love to get compliments on how cute they dress!

--speaking of which, the twin comments don't really bother me. i've had very few stupid ones. people are genuinely interested and impressed. it's kind of nice.

--in fact, we live in a neighborhood w/lots of celebrities (we don't own a home so don't be impressed!), and many of them have complimented my boys (jay mohr, courntey thorn-smith, josh malina) (i didn't say they were BIG celebrities!);).

--once i walked passed jamie lee curtis, who took a look at them and didn't say anything, and i thought "wtf's her problem?!"

--i am a total sap. i don't know if that's a confession or just something that i think is kind of silly but i just can't change. one single day has not passed yet that i didn't cry tears of joy at some point over how much i love these little guys (as you can tell we ttc for a long time w/lots of heartache).

--that doesn't mean that i don't have at least one melt down each week where i say things like "i just can't do this," "this is too f***ing hard!" or the ever-popular name of God w/the f word as a middle name (i hope i don't offend anyone!).

thanks, ladies!
    ~~jl

18. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

here's one i forgot to mention

my poor dogs are all but forgotten since the babies arrived. it's been months since i threw the ball for our giant schnauzer. our chow chow is deaf now and at 13, i don't think she cares much anyway. they live outside (always have BTW) and i don't let the kids walk around in the backyard because they poop everywhere. even if it's cleaned up, i figure the poop germs are still there, all over the grass--so it's off limits. that, plus our giant's drooling mouth and constant lolling tounge are *right* at the kids' face level. while i have no qualms over getting licked, the thought of them getting drooled on or getting direct dog breath in the face just grosses me out. so they just look at them thru the fence and pet them and ooh and aah at them. but my poor poor dogs, they were there before the kids--but have taken a sad 3rd and 4th row seat ot them.....

19. rrodman

QUOTE(chocomilko @ Mar 31 2009, 07:45 PM) [snapback]1253075[/snapback]
    10. I to wear yoga pants all the time. I put jeans on, but who are you kidding? They are no where nearly as comfy as the Yoga pants. And even worse? I do yoga at 5 am and when I get home I don't even change out of them........

At least you do yoga! What's my excuse? :)

20. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I tell my older DS that we can't talk in the car b/c I need to concentrate on driving due to bad traffic, rain, snow, wind, curvy road, etc. You name it, I use it as an excuse to not have to answer countless questions every time we go somewhere in the car. And sometimes, I put them in the car and drive around - just so I can have "no talking" time! ;)

21. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've got another one...

-I am constantly making excuses for their behavior. Most of the time it is true though. DH will get frustrated with one or the other...And there I am, "He's tired. He took a short nap." Or, "He's hungry, he didn't eat well." Or, "He's teething!" Or, "He just got over being sick."

Oh the list is endless! I'm starting bad habits, aren't I? Especially if one ALWAYS comes crying to me! DH says I am enabling him. I look at it as peace and quiet!

22. happychck

QUOTE(mama23boys @ Apr 2 2009, 08:18 AM) [snapback]1255848[/snapback]
    And sometimes, I put them in the car and drive around - just so I can have "no talking" time! ;)

lol! and i thought the car was for 'nap' time....;)

23. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(spinhermie @ Apr 2 2009, 01:00 AM) [snapback]1255445[/snapback]
    here's one i forgot to mention

my poor dogs are all but forgotten since the babies arrived. it's been months since i threw the ball for our giant schnauzer. our chow chow is deaf now and at 13, i don't think she cares much anyway. they live outside (always have BTW) and i don't let the kids walk around in the backyard because they poop everywhere. even if it's cleaned up, i figure the poop germs are still there, all over the grass--so it's off limits. that, plus our giant's drooling mouth and constant lolling tounge are *right* at the kids' face level. while i have no qualms over getting licked, the thought of them getting drooled on or getting direct dog breath in the face just grosses me out. so they just look at them thru the fence and pet them and ooh and aah at them. but my poor poor dogs, they were there before the kids--but have taken a sad 3rd and 4th row seat ot them.....

Mine are inside dogs but same thing for the backyard... I don't think I'll ever let the kids in there. It's a minefield...

24. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

Ok, I have to add this one b/c I don't think anyone else has said it...

My husband and I communicate to each other through talking to our 13 month olds instead of each other sometimes...it makes me think we've completely lost it.
    i.e. "Did daddy let you play outside in your nice shoes?" "Did you tell daddy you're ready for your bath?" "Did you eat a good lunch for daddy today while mommy was gone?" "Daddy, you left the bathroom door open and I'm going to get into the toilet!"
    It must stop!!!!

PS I leave all the food on the floor on purpose b/c they eat more of it there than they will in their highchairs.

25. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

Okay, I had a particularly rough Saturday - DH went on an all day fishing trip and I was home for the 6th day in a row with two teething, runny-nosed, unhappy toddlers. Let's see what I can add to the confessions:

-It's ok for me to lose my patience with them, but when DH gets upset or says something like "She's a nightmare today" I get really defensive and make excuses for the bad behavior.

-My house is neat....not clean.

-I blame myself for not trying harder to breastfeed because they are always sick and I wonder if not BFing is the reason.

-I miss my yellow mustang convertible in the worst way. Guys checked me out when I had that car. No one checks out a mom driving a green Ford Expedition.

-I have to shower or take a bath every day, but I only wash my hair about 3 times per week.

-Some days I think that one more whine will give me a nervous breakdown....or a drinking habit.

-I actually care more about how I look when I'm with the girls...probably because of the attention we get. If I'm running out on my own, I don't care about my hair or makeup cuz I figure no one is paying attention to me anyway.

-I think the reason I'm having such a hard time is because 99% of the time, I won't give in to them. I refuse to let them be in charge.

-It annoys me when people say that I'm "lucky" my girls have STTN since they were 4 months old. Ummm....no...it has nothing to do with luck! DH and I worked hard to sleep train them and it wasn't easy.

-I'm the only mom in our playgroup that does time-outs at the park for bad behavior.... I have zero tolerance for things like hitting or throwing mulch. All the singleton moms stare at me as one - or both - stands in the corner and screams. I just laugh.

-I wish I would've appreciated and savored the time DH and I had before the kids came. I was always so worried about my infertility issues....be careful what you wish for!!

-Am I really the only one that misses sex??!!

-I'm proud of DH and I for doing this on our own....family is 1000 miles away. But I still get jealous that my sister has my parents and her in-laws for free babysitting anytime she wants. Some days I really need my mom.

-I hated my career so I thought being a SAHM was the answer. HA! This is the hardest job I've ever had.

-I joined the Y so I could leave the girls in the Playcenter for up to 2 hours per day. Sometimes I only work out for 30 minutes and then go sit by the pool and read for the other 90.

-Most days I feel like a complete and total failure as a mother and that I must have the unhappiest 22-month olds that ever lived.

26. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sunshinetwins @ Apr 4 2009, 08:42 PM) [snapback]1259321[/snapback]
    -I think the reason I'm having such a hard time is because 99% of the time, I won't give in to them. I refuse to let them be in charge.

-I'm the only mom in our playgroup that does time-outs at the park for bad behavior.... I have zero tolerance for things like hitting or throwing mulch. All the singleton moms stare at me as one - or both - stands in the corner and screams. I just laugh.

OMG. I am in total awe of this. If you remember my confessions, they were that I'm afraid my kids will be terrors because I am terrified of disciplining them... when to start, what to do, etc. You go, twin momma! Put those girls in timeout!

27. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sunshinetwins @ Apr 5 2009, 11:42 AM) [snapback]1259321[/snapback]
    --I wish I would've appreciated and savored the time DH and I had before the kids came. I was always so worried about my infertility issues....be careful what you wish for!!

--I'm proud of DH and I for doing this on our own....family is 1000 miles away. But I still get jealous that my sister has my parents and her in-laws for free babysitting anytime she wants. Some days I really need my mom.
    -I hated my career so I thought being a SAHM was the answer. HA! This is the hardest job I've ever had.

I completely agree with the above post. Somedays I really need my mom too. It is hard to do it all completely on your own. Especially when my dh goes away.

Heather

28. Britten

Britten Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JessiePlus2 @ Apr 5 2009, 02:43 AM) [snapback]1259409[/snapback]
    OMG. I am in total awe of this. If you remember my confessions, they were that I'm afraid my kids will be terrors because I am terrified of disciplining them... when to start, what to do, etc. You go, twin momma! Put those girls in timeout!

Honestly - we started time-outs at about 12 months. :huh: I know that was before they really "got" it, but if the offense was big enough - like biting - redirection didn't seem like a big enough punishment.

They do usually get 2 warnings before I put them in time-out. DH doesn't give them warnings though. Maybe if I had only one like the other moms in my playgroup, I'd let things go a little more. But I can't have TWO that hit, bite, pinch and throw because I simply can't be everywhere at once....I want them to begin to learn the difference between acceptable bahavior and unacceptable behavior. I don't spank them or hit them....time-out seems like my only way of showing that what they just did ain't gonna fly with momma!

29. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sunshinetwins @ Apr 4 2009, 09:42 PM) [snapback]1259321[/snapback]

Good for you! We gave the girls a time out in the mall on friday before dinner. They were screeching in the stroller, so DH pushed the stroller into a corner and told them they were having a time out. The hard work you put in now, will pay off later!!!

-I joined the Y so I could leave the girls in the Playcenter for up to 2 hours per day. Sometimes I only work out for 30 minutes and then go sit by the pool and read for the other 90.

Sounds like a great deal! You get to work out mind and body ;)

-Most days I feel like a complete and total failure as a mother and that I must have the unhappiest 22-month olds that ever lived.

:hug: I'm sure that is just your perception and you are helping your girls become good little people. :hug:

30. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

hah, I'm not the only one that gives time outs in the mall!!

31. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sunshinetwins @ Apr 4 2009, 09:42 PM) [snapback]1259321[/snapback]
    I joined the Y so I could leave the girls in the Playcenter for up to 2 hours per day. Sometimes I only work out for 30 minutes and then go sit by the pool and read for the other 90.

Oh my gosh. What a great idea. I'm going to consider it!

Also, am I the only one who will leave them alone playing for sometimes 2 hours just because they're happy and not whining and there is no way I'm going to ruin that?

32. donatella

donatella Member

I am laughing out loud over this thread! Many thanks...I feel like I'm in good company...

33. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Is anybody watching Oprah or saw Oprah's show today?!?! It's all about mom's confessions.. It's funny but I'm also ready to throw things at the tv.. most of these moms have 2 or 3 kids ONE AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tomato:

Boy if Oprah only read this thread!! Someone should email it to her :lol:

34. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Fran27 @ Apr 7 2009, 12:46 AM) [snapback]1260838[/snapback]
    Also, am I the only one who will leave them alone playing for sometimes 2 hours just because they're happy and not whining and there is no way I'm going to ruin that?

There is no way I could -- they would either cry because I've left the area, or the biting, hitting or kicking would happen. I'm lucky if I can put the garbage out without someone noticing.

35. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

QUOTE(nurseandrea02 @ Mar 26 2009, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1245503[/snapback]
    Danielle, my kids get marshmallows for snack often (the colored ones). They ask for them multiple times a day though!

Cohlee, I will change both kids, too, if one gets messy. Drove my hubby nuts when they were really little & big pukers. I'd go through up to 5 outfits a day PER KID because I always had to change both. Even their pajamas have to coordinate. I've often wondered if I need therapy ;).

And Kudos to whomever it was who admitted to having a favorite! I've often wondered that about ALL twin mommies. My mom admitted that her favorite changed, but she still typically had one (I have frat twin bros). I don't think I have a 'favorite' per se, but I do have one I'm more bonded to...have since birth. He's my Mama's Boy & the other is a Daddy's boy. I love them both, but just have that stronger connection with the one. Like whomever it was that stated it originally (I don't have time to scroll back), I focus intensely on keeping things 100% even between them even MORE SO because of it. And while someone else mentioned wondering which one you'd keep if you had just one, I can't really do that...but I do wish I had them both, just 2 or 3 years apart!

I think you hit the nail on the head there! i love both my girls but i do sometimes wish i had them 2 or 3 years apart instead of together it would make like so much easier! :catfight: