I have some confessions - now that I'm in the 2nd year

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by lbrooks, Mar 25, 2009.

1. alexafaeh

alexafaeh Well-Known Member

ok here we go.....

1. I never thought I'd be sooo ok with going from a great 38C to a hanging 34B.....(including hubby:)
    2. I don't feel guilty about leaving my kids for one hour at a time in the play area playing content...(I know, I am lucky they do..for now:)
    3. I probably had PostPartum and just denied it, from months 2-7, I cried (I mean hysterically!) every day for at least one hour
    4. I worry too much about my kids intake of food/fluids and drive myself (and hubby) crazy with it
    5. I think I know it all better than my pediatrician
    6. I couldn't care less about my sex life...(don't think I'm a bad wife, I still take care of hubby), and I never ever thought that the amount of xxx would go down that drastically when having kids
    7. I get offended when people in public keep asking me, wow, your babies are sooo tiny, mine is only 6 months and bigger than yours!
    8. ....and I don't play nice anymore when I get the: you have your hands full, I do make sarcastic comments, which my husband thinks are very unappropriate, ha!
    9. I get upset when kids throw bowls or food on floor while eating, even though I know they don't do it unpurpose
    10. I expect too much from my kids...and myself !
    11. I am very happy to have 2 kids, now seing parents with single child (which we would have done in case just one embryo would have sticked)....I realize how much easier (and better for kids) it is on them and me!
    12. I did not brush my teeths yesterday....hugh!
    13. I literally let my hair on my legs grow in the first 8 months...and I still only shave max. twice a week
    14. I get excited about going to CVS bymyself and put on lipstick for it
    15. I have a glass of wine before I start the kids' evening routine
    16. I often think I am the best mom on the planet earth...;)
    17. I had no problem sleep train the kids with CIO (and the 1st night was 1 1/2 hours!!!)
    18. I do have a hard time when kids can't express their feelings and needs, needless to say, can't wait until they talk more
    19. I never missed my mom as much as now since I moved out (and away from Switzerland) and travelled the world starting at 18 years old
    20. I broke pretty much 95% of my intentions and plans on how to proceed with kids once born (sleeping, feeding, etc.)
    21. my one and only big concern and goal(s) of the day is getting the kids their much needed sleep, on their schedule, of course!
    22. if one of my kids does not eat well or does not sleep the whole nap, I re-evaluate my whole process...hugh
    23. my callus on my feet is as thick that I think I will never be able anymore to get it off...:(
    24. my eyebrows used to be nicely shaped and plucked, now some days, I look like Spock
    25. I am very spoiled, my husband does 95% of cooking and 100% of all grocery shopping
    26. I am very very proud in public of my kids and I loooove to show them off and brag about them
    27. Occasionally, I let me kids sit on a totally full/almost exploding pee diapers, good they never have diaper rashes and thanks to great pampers!
    28. I do not make any kind of noise when kids are sleeping, when I take a bath in evening, I fill in the water before they are down asleep
    29. I know the exact squiching spots of our floors in and around kids room
    30. I still can't understand why my boy hates diaper changes and screams on that changing table

I think I could go on and on...but that's it for now, enjoy!
    alexa

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(alexafaeh @ Apr 28 2009, 11:41 AM) [snapback]1291612[/snapback]
    24. my eyebrows used to be nicely shaped and plucked, now some days, I look like Spock

:rotflmbo: I gotta giggle at this one because I've got the same deal with my eyebrows. I also have to agree with you about getting angry when they throw stuff on the floor, even though you know they don't do it on purpose, it still drives me batty!

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I was just putting online the pictures I took from the kids today, and realized that DS' neck is gross!!! I never noticed before I looked at the pictures... Oops. Happens frequently with ears too...

4. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Wow, there have been some great additions to this thread. I come back often and read...they still make me laugh and feel better about everything! You ladies are the best.

5. tigerbabysmum

tigerbabysmum Member

laughed at most of them cause we do most of them. I think you have to have humour to survive twins

4. I make up songs for everything and sing to the girls all day long and if anyone heard me they would think I'd lost my mind (or at least need to be mentally checked-out). We have songs about poop even. (I even sent a song to Ellen's Bathroom Concert Series contest....I don't get out much...clearly)

how goes for eating----yummy yummy yummy I have food in my tummy,----and they open their mouth. Of cause most time I have to leave the room i'm laughing so much, but hell it works

6. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: I still come back and re-read these often. It's a great laugh & makes me feel.. SANE! Thanks ladies :D

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Here is a book, they just had an interview with the author in this past week's Entertainment Weekly:
    True Mom Confessions: Real Moms Get Real
    http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/res...om%20&pos=0

Made me think of all us in this thread! I think I will be picking up a copy for myself and my mom friends!

8. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

someone recently requested that i repost this, so here goes!

ode to twin mommies!

some of us are tidy,
    others of us are slobs
    some of us married rock stars,
    a few ended up w/knobs!

some of us dress our kids alike
    others wouldn't dare
    some of us take a shower each day
    a couple of us just don't care!

a few of us are organized
    and several are really precise
    some of us love twin compliments
    but others of us are real shy

many of us feel kind of "done" w/sex
    though it makes us feel badly
    (not badly enough to do it, however,
    so our mates might be feeling sadly!)

some of us work outside the home
    and others are home w/the kids all day
    though we all work REALLY hard
    you can't argue w/that fact--no way!

some of us find time to exercise
    and others just can't deal
    a few of us actually go out w/friends
    and others find that unreal

some of us make awesome meals
    for their families every day
    others open a can or a box or a carton
    and feed their kids that way

a few of us venture out all the time
    while others find it hard
    some of us are happy to make it
    w/the kids to the backyard!

we're all really different
    but there's one thing for sure
    WE'RE ALL AWESOME TWIN MOMMAS
    (though some kids have to eat off the floor;))

9. sbailey

sbailey Well-Known Member

OH! I am supposed to give them a bath! crap. haha!! I have a ton of confessions, but the bath thing is my big hangup! They're lucky if they get one a week! Now, that's it's summer I've been trying to be better about it! LOL!!

10. Queen of Carrots

Queen of Carrots Well-Known Member

OK, this one is Truly Dreadful, but . . .

One time I got the babies up from their nap and was starting to change them, assembly-line style. DD's was only the tiniest bit damp, but she had a rash and I'd already gone to the trouble of wrestling her down and taking it off, so I changed her anyway. Moved on to DS. When I finished, I looked around and saw the new diaper I had gotten out for DS untouched. Yup, I'd put DD's old diaper on DS.

And the Truly Dreadful thing? [sub]I left it on. [/sub]

11. frattwinboyz07

frattwinboyz07 New Member

Oh can I relate, I feel I yell constantly, they exhaust me within 30 mins of starting our day. They are almost 20 months and always getting into everything, I have one little monkey, climbing on everthing and the other with a temper of a 7 year old...and all he wants to do is throw things and hit you. And lunch, I am too worried about how long they will nap to think of alot of variety at lunchtime, my little "temper" boy, wakes within 30 min. of his nap and won't stop screaming till I get him, and wakes every night. I have to hold him, bring him in my bed or sleep on his floor for anyone to get a quiet nights/day rest. Talk about feeling like the worst mom ever, I have 4 sister/sister-in laws and between the 5 of us we have 6 kids under the age of 2, my 2 boys are the only ones that have sleeping issues! Yeah me!

12. mkuhns01

mkuhns01 Member

13. mkuhns01

mkuhns01 Member

wow! that is my life everyday.

I work nights and today I had a baby napping in the pack-n-play in our room while I wore ear plugs and a face mask. a few hours of choppy sleep before I go back to work for another 12 hours. stupid! no one deserves such horrible sleep!

Evan wakes Ashton up all the time....Evan FIGHTS everything, it takes such work to put him down. I beg my husband to put them down for morning nap and beg him to stay home after lunch to put them down again for afternoon nap...........I suck at it.

they still do not STTN. They do not nap well. F*## the "sleep training", it is crap.....it doesn't work. Some babies just don't sleep. I blame it on personality.

My 3 year old still takes amazing 3-4 hour afternoon naps. Ashton needs a morning nap and a late afternoon nap. Evan "wants" an early lunch then to nap..........what does that mean?!?!?!? NO BREAK FOR MOMMY!! One child is awake all day long! I can barely take a shower let alone plan for dinner.

I am so stressed. I let everyone (but my husband) think life is great. I do not sleep. If I do it is always always interrupted "naps". and I need sleep. But, because my job offers lots of different opportunity with schedule changes...I always accomodate how to work FT and be available for my family the most. IT SUCKS. I would rather just have a 9-5 banker job.

I call my husband and b**%h and start fights. Not really my intention....it is just so easy. We are in marriage counseling. Mostly because of me.......

Lately, I have found myself being nicer to my intubated and medically induced comotosed patients then to my own kids. NOT GOOD.

14. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

Great thread! I am glad that I am not the only one :)

We are very close to moving into our second year and I have no idea where the last year has gone. I thought that things would get better but I still find a lot of these things happening.

-there are days when I do not get out of my PJ's or even comb my hair and it is a challenge to get enough me time to have a bath.
    -I don't change the boys clothes unless they have gotten it dirty, sometimes they where the same thing for two days straight.
    -there are days where my older son doesn't get out of his PJ's either
    -sometimes I tune out my kids and look on TS just to get away from everything
    -we avoid going out most of the time because I am tired of people telling me how to parent and also because I run around trying to keep my kids from breaking other peoples stuff because their houses are not child proof
    -I am still a control freak about keeping the kids on schedule because our days go so much smoother
    -I love getting away and having time to my self but I hate that I have to leave the boys with someone else and then our schedule gets messed up so I end up never wanting to go have time for myself.
    -when I do get out of my Pj's I tend to wear the same clothes for days to cut down the laundry
    -my twins are very independent now and are usually good but some days I still don't find the energy to do major cleaning and sometimes I find my self lieing to my DH and telling him that I had a bad day with the kids because I feel guilty that the house work didn't get done :(

15. bmatlock

bmatlock Well-Known Member

oh, WOW, what a great thread....

(1) my hairdresser AND my dentist are appalled at my hair and teeth...seriously, i wash my hair in my kitchen sink at LEAST twice a week while the boys are playing within a few feet of me so i can keep an eye out...shower maybe twice a week. but i sing and play in a band every weekend so i have to wash my hair. i use lots of perfume.

(2) i feed my boys cheerios off the floor in their play area. my husband said we shouldn't feed them like animals, but since he's at work during the day...

(3) i'm not about to take the paci away from them...don't care when it's appropriate and when it's not..logan has to have 3 at nap time...one in his mouth and one in each hand or he throws a tantrum.

(4) i look forward to nap time and sleep time.

(5) my absolute favorite time of day is the first time they see me in the morning and smile and laugh like i'm the best mom on the planet.

(6) they watch dr. phil and oprah with me.

(7) we watch more t.v. than we probably should, but they love it and it gives me some time to be on twinstuff and check my email.

(8) i can't believe how wonderful my boys are, how happy i am (although i'm exhausted, frustrated, and irritable a lot), but i'm sooooooo happy my husband got a vesectomy!

16. kminott

kminott Member

I love this link... My boys are 12 1/2 months
    I'm so tired I can't do the whole list... But what sticks out to me the most is

I had NO idea it would be this hard
    And if I hear from well meaning friends and family I had 2 under 3 I totally understand, I am going to scream.. It is not the same.

And as I read the post about the hand washing, totally did not think of it either and they have only been walking for 2 months... I am such a gross mom!

I daydream about working... which is dumb since I used to daydream about staying home... and there is no way I would leave them

hoping to go to bed now so I can wake up with babies and start the day at 5:30am!

17. lizgoh1

lizgoh1 Member

I have a lot to add here! But as I was registering for this site just now my little girl fell face forward onto a toy and split her lip - blood everywhere! Fortunately she's fine but it scared the heck out of me and I wondered if this was a sign I'm on the internet too much!

I have 14 month old b/g twins and I love this topic!

18. lovemytwinsx2

lovemytwinsx2 Well-Known Member

Well i pretty much ditto everything everyone has said, and I thought i was the only one out there with these issues...

For me i just have to add:

- Most the time my boys wake up around 6:30, but i am sooo darn tired that i let them play in their cribs until 7:15 when i feel like rolling out of bed..(if they are lucky it's 7:15 and not 7:30)

- I do the same when nap times seem to end earlier than i feel they should, i just need ME time and 1.5 hrs of nap is not enough for me, so I leave them in their cribs hoping they will either fall back to sleep or not cry until i am ready to get them...(pretty sad)

- I want to and would like to give them bath's every other night, but it just does not happen, i am usually tooo exhausted, so it ends up being either every 3 nights or maybe the 4th night...but they do get a good washing after meals. Same goes with me, i'd love a shower every day but does not happen, i choose sleeping over shower most times, that is only when i have my chores done that i need to get done on days I dont shower. I usually shower every other day, but i did go once about 3 days w/out shower...yikes...

- I get on my husband's case about not having any ME time when he gets home from an 11 hr day at work. I seem to bark orders at him as soon as he puts his foot in the door, about what I need for him to do to help me at that moment. I need to stop my napping...it's harder to do than saying it...Never thought of me as a nag, but here i am...front and center..poor man..

- I always thought i would be one of those parents that would limit TV time, but when you have twins TV seems to be your best friend so you can get meals together while your babies watch Sesame Street, even though most the time they don't pay too much attention, but they do stop and watch for periods at a time..still a life saver....thanks Sesame Street...

- I get very frustrated when it comes to fixing lunch and dinner for them, they will not eat meat, they can not use utensils yet, i hate giving them finger foods b/c i hate the clean up afterwards, but yet at the same token i hate feeding them myself as it gets stressful sometimes, so fingerfoods it ends up being...but what to feed them is the BIG issue..always the same foods, just goes round and round....wish the food pyramid was broader, would make life much easier in the meal dept. right now at this age.

- When my husband wants to get cozy, i seem to use the excuse I am tooo exhausted about 50% of the time...which is usually true, who wants to do the horizontal twist when you are exhausted chasing after two babies all day & keeping house in some sort of neat fashion...sorry hon! I do give in though, so he can't complain too much...LOL

I am sure there are more, but brain tooo tired to continue on...LOL...time to do the what to have for dinner dance now..

19. SheriBrownDion

SheriBrownDion Well-Known Member

I am new to this group, but I love reading the posts. It makes me not feel so alone or that my DH and I are struggling with issues that no one else has. This string of lists has me laughing and saying me too. Thanks for sharing! With my houshold of boys I can definitely relate to...

1) talking to my older son as if he were an adult
    2) pulling Jason off the table (what should I do about the climbing???)
    3) finding Galen foraging for food from the floor.. he just gave me the "all done" sign!
    4) showering every 2-3 day...
    5) right - I am supposed to wash my face and brush my teeth in the morning. Thanks goodness I was never into makeup.

I really should go to bed - sleep is not going so well for us - even with the strict schedule (neighborhood parents think we're amazingly strict - but they also say "I don't know how you do it".) I guess parents of twins provide inspiration (or have singleton parents counting their blessings) for all those other parents - who feel like they have it tough - until they think about their friends with twins.

Look forward to slowly (I rarely get computer time) getting to know you.
    Sheri

20. twinfinite

twinfinite Well-Known Member

(1) Cut my hair short. I did it myself. Can't afford to go the salon.
    (2) And because of the short hair, I don't bother brushing it anymore. Ok, just "finger combing" --no utensils required.
    (3) I rarely shave.
    (4) Music has toned down several notches. Disney lullabies, Hap Palmer, anything instrumental.
    (5) Netflix at night, instead of going out on dates, or seeing movies in the theatre.
    (6) Going out on my own? Never. I have 2 permanent cute shadows now.
    (7) I have bottles of sanitizer EVERYWHERE. In the car, on fireplace mantel, in kitchen, in bathroom, in bedrooms.
    (8) Psycho paranoia about germs.
    (9) Major freak outs about others touching my guys.
    (10) Inexplicable annoyance at singleton mothers and their annoying comments about how much easier it is to have twins than to have two singleton kids close together in age.

21. carmarliv

carmarliv Member

Just wanted to thank everyone for," I have some confessions..." posts. I was having a hard day with my 16 months twins and when read these posts it really brought a smile to my face. It has been a long time since i have been on this forum, I am so glad I took the time to open up my computer and long on.

Carla

22. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of b/g twins who are going to be 15 months soon. Also, I seem to be the only working mum of twins here. So..let's see if we have a different set of problem! :give_rose:

1. i have 2 jobs. One starts from 8am-5.30pm, the other starts from 6pm-8am. But hey, who's complaining?

2. We have the largest assortment of thermal wares, tupperwares, and reheatable lunch boxes becos mummy prepares brekkie, lunch and dinner all at one shot. And the menu is getting smaller as mummy's brain get fried.

3. I resort to bribing the 15 months old with treats, sweets, biscuits, etc hoping that they'll just sit down for 5 min for me to take a shower (if i'm lucky) or a change of clothes.

4. I cut my hair really short because combing hair is just not realistic AT ALL.

5. I sometimes turn up work with clothes stained with milk, cereals, or...last week's porridge??

6. My colleagues avoid having lunch with me cos I'm always buying diapers, milk powder and groceries for the twins. They had to carry it back to the office for me (esp if diapers are on sale! :rotflmbo: )

7. Whenever DH wants to get intimate (if he gets lucky), it has to be pre-planned - put the kids to sleep early, runs to bedroom, keep the baby monitor on, and (if he's lucky again) get the act over and done with before one of them cries.

8. Weekends and after work attire - shorts and t-shirts. All skirts, micro-minis, dresses not work related are thrown away.

9. My frens has given up asking me out.

10. Going out means bringing the entire army platoon out.

11. DH is no longer allowed to have his OWN time; if I don't get it, neither will he. :spiteful:

12. I love them with all my body parts..haha..but I thk we're pretty much done with the 'manufacturing'! 2's a crowd already!

I have more....but its time for me to go get diapers and milk powder! Will come back when i get time!

23. crescendo97

crescendo97 Well-Known Member

Ok here goes...
    1.) Mine eat off the floor too!!!
    2.) Sex is for making babies and we only wanted two kids and we got them so ...
    3.) When not at work jeans and tshirt are my best friend
    4.) I am so jealous of singleton moms
    5.) Some days I wish I only had one baby but I can't decide which one
    6.) My hairdresser has not seen me since Jan. 29 2009
    7.) Only the downstairs of my house gets cleaned on a weekly basis.
    8.) Sometimes I let them cry in their cribs in morning because I know as soon as I go get them in the morning my day will be nonstop
    9.) I really hate when other moms tell me "I know how you feel my kids are 11months apart" I'm like "No you do not understand two babies that can't walk at the same time, two babies that can't crawl at the same time, two babies that can't feed themselves at same time so don't talk to me about understanding my feelings but I don't say anything I just smile and keep it moving.
    10.) I love them to pieces and would not trade them for anything in the world!!

24. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

omg i nearly spit out my wine! Espically no. 20. The babies always want me to eat their food- No way!

And no. 6---HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

25. njobe

njobe Well-Known Member

I LOVE this thread!! My twins just turned 1 yesterday (9 mos adjusted), plus we have an almost 3 year old. My confessions:

1. Whose kid doesn't eat off the floor? 2 second rule baby!
    2. I definitely leave the babies in their crib for a little while in the morning so i can prepare their breakfast and also my daughter's (Frankie) morning milk/snack. And come on, mama has to have her coffee to make it through the day.
    3. Frankie's breakfast frequently consists of dry cereal in a bowl and a sippie of milk. I do try to at least have a healthy breakfast for her a few times a week, but sometimes just not an option. She's okay with it though - she would rather snack anyway.
    4. I do try to bathe the twins every day, but some days it just doesn't happen, so i just wipe them down with a wipey at bedtime diaper change.....
    5. I am sooo anal it's not even funny - I am completely tyrannical about my counter tops and dishes in the sink. But it's almost impossible to get the floor mopped on a weekly basis, which actually makes me cranky until i get it done.
    6. I have literally forced the twins to take on Frankie's nap schedule so I have 2 hours to do things around the house or just be a lazy bum and watch law & order on the couch. I will keep them up for an extra hour and a half in the afternoon just to put them all down at the same time.

I have more I'm sure, but I have to go pick up our older 2 kids from school.

26. Sam3

Sam3 New Member

Wow, I just registered to the site and feel like I stepped into another dimension. Everyone here is saying exactly what I've been living for almost 16 months. It feels great to know that there ARE others who can empathize because unfortunately everyone in my life is completely oblivious to what goes on in my home on a daily basis.
    I really feel ya on #3 about the ppl getting annoyed about your insistence to stick to a good sleep sched. the way i think about it is that they cant possibly imagine your life (just as we couldnt imagine having twins+ before it happened) so their opinions are irrelevant. May seem cold but really....how can they judge if they havent spent time in your place!?!

27. marijanad

marijanad Well-Known Member

Love these stories so much!
    My confessions:
    1. I am so wasteful. I waste food, supplies (i.e. sippy cups, we have way too many), etc. because I can't handle the thought and stress of
    running out of something with these two.
    2. I always yell at my husband to turn off the TV and play with them when he is home-when he's at work I always use it to distract them when I'm busy. He has no clue.
    3. I created cookie monsters out of them. I use cookies for snacks sometimes and ALWAYS when we are out shopping, and now they run around the house yelling 'cookie!' 'cookie!' and have just started doing it at dinner-after they throw all their healthy food on the floor.
    4. I used to kiss and hug them if they fell blah blah blah, now they're lucky if they get a 'shake it off'.
    5. I love the cry it out method. I don't care if parents thinks it's mean. I used it from day one and now they are 15 months old, sleep all night without a peep (most nights anyway) and nap at the exact same time. If they cry I have a conversation with them in my head, it goes like this: Go to sleep, you need rest. There is nothing for us to talk about right now. I just keep repeating it to myself, stops me from going in!
    6. I am a control freak with visitors, especially family helping me. I get nervous if it's not done MY way, and that may seem nuts to someone else but I KNOW that if the routine is disrupted the whole day is screwed up!
    7. Point 6 being said, I hate for other people to put them to sleep. My MIL always tries to put one down at night if she is visiting, after I specifically tell her to wait for me! She'll close the door and everything! So I go right in, and make sure she sees, and kiss my little darling goodnight.
    8. I let them eat off the floor. I don't care. As long as they are getting nutrition so what. We don't wear our shoes in the house anyway.
    9. I hate people touching them, like many of these other moms. I avoid comments, looks, smiles, whatever. I told a man to step away from them when he tried to adjust one's hat. This was during the H1N1 season-what do I care about offending anyone! The more confident I get as a twin mother the more likely I am to really let someone have it one day!
    10. I believe that my girls are the most beautiful and smartest twins in the world :) But don't we all!!!

28. luvmytwins08

luvmytwins08 Well-Known Member

Good topic! I laughed at (more WITH) some of your lists because it is oh soo true! Here are some of my confessions:
    1-the babies eating off the middle part of our sectional couch is ok, as well as cleaning the couch with baby wipes...hey its clean
    2-so what if my dogs and my twins both lick each other...hey were family!
    3-yes I am very VERY annoyed by the looks and the questions..HAVEN'T YOU SEEN TWO BABIES BEFORE?
    4-I am a working mom so when I come home all I want to do is sit with my babies and have them attack ...err...LOVE..me. I dont care what my house looks like until Sunday!
    5-really think that clothes should have VELCRO on them and not buttons for babies! I swear my boys are the quickest moving kids around!
    6-I am getting tired of counting brusies on my body of wear I have been bitten, pulled, pinched. When does this stage end?????
    7-Tired of people asking me "are you going to have any more children?" I have four boys...whats 4 more??? after twins I can do anything!!!
    8-Also tired of "HOW DO YOU DO HANDLE TWINS?" or "WOW YOU HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL!!!" no sH**T! We handle it the way we would handle having one!!!! Like we have a choice to chose to take care of one baby and not the other??? My boys are the best babies/kids/teenagers around! I will have 5 more if I want to! thank you!!!!
    9- can so relate to having baths a lot because that IS the only place to contain all of this energy!!!
    10-is hoping that these babies will learn to SLEEP before they are 2 because my sleep deprived body doesnt even know HOW To sleep in full stretches beyond 3 hours....
    11-knows that I will NEVER have a baby girl (these two were my last shot at a girl) but am secretly wanting to try for just one more...
    12-wishes I could go back in time and tell my pregnant self that everything turned out ok :)

29. rebekahj

rebekahj Well-Known Member

Confession for the day - Most of my 'meals' consist of baby-rejected food, particularly lunch. What's even worse, I just throw away the veggies. :rolleyes:

30. lizgoh1

lizgoh1 Member

Totally agree with you ladies! luvmytwins08 - lol! What are you supposed to say when people ask "how do you handle two" -what an annoying question! I just can take care of one at a time? Do they really want the long explanation of my daily routine? And the strict sleep schedule.. my twins are now 16 months old and I think my family (and some friends) just began to realize why we don't go out to dinners that begin at 7 pm! And people saying to me "you've got your hands full" was cute when they were newborns but now I'm so sick of it! A mother of THREE singletons in my playgroup said to me "I always thought if I had twins I'd shoot myself"...is that supposed to be funny? I told her "No way these guys are so awesome". Oh my, I could go on!

31. luvmytwins08

:) I know!!! I love my boys!!! I know before I had them I was stressing out and wondering but now I realize us moms can do a lot more than we think! Now I am a mom of 4 boys and NEVER thought I would have that many kids!! Now I dont know how I can be without them! I would have 100 more if I could is what I tell people because I make GREAT kids!! and proud of it!!

1 person likes this.
  32. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

Ok here it goes...... :rotflmbo:

1 - I put Hi 5 on TV when I have to get a work out in or just to pretend I am alone
    2 - Their first full sentence may actually be "Ah sh*t....not again!"
    3 - I have accepted that taking a shower is a luxury and no longer a requirement
    4 - I have given up on caring whether or not they share bottles, spoons or anything else for that matter
    5 - Sometimes I take a tylenol PM and don't tell DH just so I get to sleep and he doesn't
    6 - I often say to myself "No I don't smell anything" just bc I really don't want to change my 10th diaper for the day
    7 - Taking them out is such a production that I make DH get just about everything needed from the outside world

Oh I know there is much more but this is it for now....

33. luvmytwins08

totally agree! my boys are almost 16 months too! when did you two arrive??

34. luvmytwins08

High five!!! I am soo with you on #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 :))

35. luvmytwins08

I need to add on as they go through different things:
    1. I dont like it when they are both crying so I give in WAY to easily (let them eat water bottles, climb on the couch, get in and out (and in and out) of my lap). or maybe its because they are so darn cute...whatever it is they have me wrapped around their fingers!!
    2. have to start letting them cry in the middle of the night now because(as you see in #1) they are spoiled and think they can get what they want, even at 3 am