I might have finally made it to "easier" :)

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by E's 3, Feb 12, 2011.

1. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

I wanted to share a happy story for once...I feel like the majority of the time I come here to vent or in need of support :).

The last week or so has brought a big change at my house. EVERYONE is sleeping at night...the girls, my oldest, DH and I and it's wonderful! I ended up doing CIO again last weekend. DH was gone for the weekend and I was home alone with the kids. The Friday night he left I was up ALL night with one baby or the other. I got out of bed on Saturday exhausted and alone. I resolved that I was done with all the sleepless night nonsense and that night put the girls down and didn't go in again until 6. I knew there were no fevers, no colds, no one had had diarrhea or thrown up in the last week so I figured there was nothing physically wrong keeping them awake. It took 2 nights and now they are doing about 12 hours at night. Naps have gotten better too (I did CIO for them too, mean Mommy I know but it WORKED!). They had been waking Dannik up at night and during the day but now he's back to sleeping too. This morning I woke up at 7am and was the FIRST one up...that has never happened :)

Sleep is the key for me...if I can get a decent nights sleep I can handle most of what the day throws at me. I hope that we've finally gotten into a better routine. I actually baked Valentine's cookies on Friday with the kids...for a SAHM I am not very domestic so the fact that they were edible is a big deal for me :). The girls are still a bit clingy and needy during the day but since they are rested they have started playing better independently and with Dannik. I hope I've finally made it to "easier"...13 months later!!!

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

That is awesome news! Congrats on a full nights sleep!!! It can make or break a day!

3. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

Yahooooo!!! That is wonderful :). Like you, without sleep i am MISERABLE. Congrats and I hope everything stays calm in your household :))))

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: for sleep! i'm the same as you - with a good night's sleep behind me, i can handle anything that my children can throw at me! (*knock on wood*) ;)

5. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

This is awesome to hear!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: I know I am a much better mother on a full night's rest too!

7. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Very happy for you! And happy that your little girls are STTN after just a couple of nights of CIO :) There may be the occasional bump in the road along the way (colds, teething, etc) but I think as long as you are consistent your LOs will continue to STTN. Our 20 month old boys have been STTN great for at least 6 months now, though very occasionally one will have a night waking like this morning. C woke up at 4:40am crying very loud, but after 10 minutes of that he was back asleep until 6:30am. Perhaps he had a bad dream, maybe even some teething pain, I'm not sure. But had I went in there to try and console it would have just prolonged it - for everybody. He resettled himself and slept another 90 minutes so I was happy :)

Good luck with everything and hope the kiddos and you continue to get a good nights sleep!!

8. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

That's super exciting! I know what it's like to NEED my sleep. I do not function and I will have a guaranteed day long headache without enough sleep.... Add in babies and all the noise that comes with them and it's just worse :)

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Everything is better when everyone is sleeping well. :) I hope things continue to look up! :good:

10. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Way to go! Life can feel so out of control sometimes, but once you get the sleep under control and take charge things are so much better. I am very happy it's all working out for you!

11. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

GREAT WORK~!

12. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

Yay for you! I understand the excitement that comes from a full nights sleep. The twins (22 months) are finally sleeping from 7-6:30ish or later almost every night of the week now. And lil Audrey (16 weeks) sleeps from 7-4:30. I am trying to push her back to 8 or so hoping she will sleep until 5:30 or later. But it is truly amazing what a good solid 6-8 of sleep can do for you and your day.

So happy for you!!!!!

13. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Hooray! What a difference a little sleep can make!

14. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!!!

Things have been a little more challenging the last few days. Audrée has been having some trouble at night (teething I think) and we finally got rid of Dannik's soother (yes our 3.5 year old STILL had a soother ;)) and so he's not sleeping well at night or napping at all...arrgghh!!! Things never stay the same for long so I guess the important message is to really enjoy the good days :).

15. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

Love your daughters name :). My Baby B is Audrée (French version) but she's named after my paternal grandmother who was Audrey. I have always LOVED the name and it's not one you hear too often.

I hope you can get some more sleep soon too ;).

16. stephsoss

stephsoss Well-Known Member

Good for you! I'm glad you're having a good day.

17. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

[quote name='E's 3' date='15 February 2011 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1297793973' post='1760422']
    Love your daughters name :). My Baby B is Audrée (French version) but she's named after my paternal grandmother who was Audrey. I have always LOVED the name and it's not one you hear too often.

I hope you can get some more sleep soon too ;).
    [/quote]

Audrey was my husband's grandfather's name and I love it. I also love that it is so pretty but not heard every day!!

18. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I too finally did CIO with my twins when they were 11 mo. They've been STTN almost all the time since. Congratulations!