I must be nuts

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by babyhopes09, Sep 25, 2013.

1. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Well, we have decided to embark upon trying for #4. Some days it's so hectic at our house. DH just got a new job, which is really good... But he will be traveling during the week most weeks and I work part time (we have a babysitter/nanny who comes to our house)...hoping to stop working soon to stay home with our pumpkins. We struggled to conceive our girls but our little man was a welcome surprise. DH and I really have the heart for a big family (want 4-5 kids). I'm so incredibly grateful for our LO's and sometimes feel greedy for wanting another child. I'm not sure how hard the process will be or if and when we do get pregnant how it will be to juggle a pregnancy with 3 under 4 years. We think now is the right time for many reasons. Am I the only one in this boat??

2. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Heck no, you're not nuts!!  (But if you are, I am right there with you!!)  We had 3 under 4 years old while I was pregnant with our 4th.  I don't remember that pregnancy being any more difficult than being pregnant with my 3rd (twins first, then 2 singletons)... the hardest part is not being able to rest when you want.  Well, I take that back... I had terrible "all day" sickness with #4 and dealing with that while taking care of 3 kids was miserable, but it was gone after 12 weeks.  I do remember the transition from 2 babies to 3 being VERY difficult so I was incredibly nervous for #4 to come.  But when she came, chaos was already the norm so the transition to 4 was pretty much seamless.  Getting out of the house with 4 kids isn't really that much more difficult than with 3, either. 

You can do it... you are WELL prepared!!

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm on #4 with three at home!  So glad Meghan said what she said because I honestly have been scared to death about adding another.  It seemed like a good idea when we were talking about it but as soon as that pregnancy test was positive I started to get cold feet!  :laughing: 

This pregnancy has been harder on me than the last two.  We live in Florida now so I know the heat is really getting to me more than usual which is making it worse.  Plus my twins are in school so that gives me a huge break during the day.  Honestly if I were you I might look into some kind of preschool program for your older kids, if that's doable for you.  I think that's been a lifesaver for me, but everyone is different.  My husband does travel pretty often, usually for weeks at a time, so that can be hard.  But ya know what, chicken nuggets are an awesome dinner, and so are PB&J sandwiches!