I new this would happen, but I was hoping for later!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lcovin, Jan 6, 2009.

1. lcovin

lcovin Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone on bedrest. I am 29 weeks 5 days and at my doctor appt. today found out I'm 1cm dilated. So suddenly, I was told to stop work and get home to bedrest. Luckily my cervix is still pretty long at 3.5cm, but I have a history of PTL (my oldest son was born at 30 weeks after 3 weeks hospital bedrest), so I'm really nervous that I'm already dilating. On the good note I've had very few contractions.

So, I was just wondering for those of you who got put on bedrest because you were dilating...How long have you been on bedrest/or how long did you go on bedrest? Once you started dilating did things continue to progress or have they stopped since you are now taking it easy? I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for the replies-
    Laura

2. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Its hard ((hug))... sending lots of positive vibes your way!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

I was not dilated, but shortening/funneling at 28 weeks, and was put on bedrest. After a week my cervix had lengthened and stopped funneling. I stayed put for 9 weeks and brought home two healthy babies! Hang in there and drink lots of water! :hug:

4. lcovin

lcovin Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies! I have so much respect for all of you who have been doing this for weeks with little ones at home. It's only been 2 days for me, and it's driving me nuts not being able to help out my kids. Luckily, my DH is AWESOME, and has stepped in and is taking care of everything.

5. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

Hang in there!

I have had 2 episodes with bedrest due to early dilation and PTL symptoms. (With twins, I had TTTS also.)

With my 2nd singleton, I was dilated 1 plus cm @ 24 weeks, did bedrest until 36 weeks (total about 12 weeks), got out of bed, walked around 6 cm dilated by 37 weeks and still didn't deliver until 39w6d.
    With the twins, I was dilated 1.5 cm with funneling cervix at 0.9cm @ 21 weeks. Got a cerclage and did bedrest until 34w1d when Twin A's water broke.

6. lcovin

lcovin Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Emily@Home @ Jan 8 2009, 10:28 AM) [snapback]1138216[/snapback]
    Hang in there!

I have had 2 episodes with bedrest due to early dilation and PTL symptoms. (With twins, I had TTTS also.)

With my 2nd singleton, I was dilated 1 plus cm @ 24 weeks, did bedrest until 36 weeks (total about 12 weeks), got out of bed, walked around 6 cm dilated by 37 weeks and still didn't deliver until 39w6d.
    With the twins, I was dilated 1.5 cm with funneling cervix at 0.9cm @ 21 weeks. Got a cerclage and did bedrest until 34w1d when Twin A's water broke.

Thank you so much to everyone for sharing your stories. It gives me hope that these babies won't be born early. My first born was born at only 30 weeks after 3 weeks on bedrest. I have been so nervous this entire pregnancy that these twinkies would come early too. I'm going to do my best to keep them cooking for as long as possible!

7. jwadowsky

jwadowsky Member

I was put on bed rest at 25 weeks due to shortening cervix. It just keep getting shorter and shorter until I stared dilating. I am now 33 weeks and 4 cm dilated. I seem to dilate 1cm a week. They said if I get to 5 cm I will probally need to in the hospital.

8. melissa26

melissa26 Well-Known Member

I went on bed rest due to PTL. I was also put on procardia every 6 hours to stop contractions.Went into labor again at 34 weeks.They stopped labor again.Went into the hospital at 36 weeks 4 days with contractions 2-3 min apart but was not dilating so dr induced.I was 4 cm b4 induction.at 30 weeks i was 1 cm.I dilated about 1 cm after every dr appt at the end when going weekly.hang in there, its amazing the ways they can hault labor till the little ones are healthy enough to come out.

9. atina

atina Well-Known Member

I have been on bedrest for almost 2 months. one month at home as modified bedrest and one month as complete bedrest in the hospital because of 1.3 cm shortened cervix and 1 cm dilatation. the Dr. intends to keep me in hospital until I deliver.

Hang on there. time really passes quickly. it's true that it's not that easy, but there are moments that makes you forget the burden of bedrest such as getting a photo of the face of your babies in an echo or knowing that your babies are growing gaining substantial weight, etc. I just hope you have nice and concerned people around you who will be of good help in such circumstance.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Atina