I should've kept my mouth shut!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Susanna+3, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

So just a few days ago I was worried over how good I was feeling...a bit anxious because of how not-pregnant I felt. I really should've kept my mouth shut because now it's back... ugh... the heartburn!! For some reason it always starts up after 15 weeks for me. Whole milk and vanilla ice-cream become my two best friends from here on out, as I simply cannot stand those chaulky antacids. The worst thing is that drinking water sets me off with it really quickly, and obviously while pregnant I need to drink a lot more! Ugh. I guess I don't need to worry anymore. I'm definitely pregnant. LOL.

2. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

My OB put me on over-the-counter Prilosec once a day and my suffering has ended, completely. No more Tums!

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

For some reason drinking water with a straw didn't bother me as much as drinking it just from a cup. But talking to your Dr. sounds like a good idea, too.

4. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I took OTC Zantac (generic version) for my heartburn. I don't get morning sickness, but I get heartburn before the plus sign shows up, so I know your pain.

5. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

I found club soda (with ice and a slice of lemon) a lot easier to handle than water when I felt that way in the first trimester...buy the "low sodium" one if you can find it.

6. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

With teh twins I took Zantac150 cool blue mint ones....but for this pregnancy those arent doing the trick- but Pepcid A/C is.
    I agree milk & ice cream as well :)

Sometimes I wonder if women get heartburn in order to get more calcium? Because personally, aside from pregnancy heartburn its a rare occasion for me to drink milk let alone gallons of it! :)

Feel better soon!