I think I have a hernia

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by melissao, Nov 25, 2006.

1. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I coughed today and my belly button popped out and now my stomach/belly button are really sore. My belly button is huge and looks kind of purple. Since it happened I've had horrible gas pains (sorry, TMI [​IMG]). I called my little sister (who is an OB) and she told me that if it continues to be painful that I have to go to the Dr. It's wierd b/c my bb never popped with the twin pregnancy at all. She said it's probably b/c facia (sp?) is weakened from my c-section surgery???

Has anyone else had this happen?

It looks gross [​IMG] and it hurts! I'm such a baby!

2. melissao

I coughed today and my belly button popped out and now my stomach/belly button are really sore. My belly button is huge and looks kind of purple. Since it happened I've had horrible gas pains (sorry, TMI [​IMG]). I called my little sister (who is an OB) and she told me that if it continues to be painful that I have to go to the Dr. It's wierd b/c my bb never popped with the twin pregnancy at all. She said it's probably b/c facia (sp?) is weakened from my c-section surgery???

Has anyone else had this happen?

It looks gross [​IMG] and it hurts! I'm such a baby!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I havn't had that happen - but it sounds like you should call -
    it may get worse the larger you get - and you are not a baby at all -
    that sounds very painful! Good luck and [​IMG]

4. hilly

hilly Well-Known Member

I'm having the same deal this time around. My belly button popped at around 17 weeks and hurt pretty badly for a week or two - especially after I had eaten. It has gotten better though, it seems like my ab muscles have separated and I'm guessing that's when it happened.

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Oh no Melissa! I'm so sorry! You are far from being a baby, you're just having one! You are such an amazing person.

Let us know what happens/doc says. That does sound painful.

BTW, Cute new avatar!

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. It sounds very painful. Did your sister say that there was any treatment for it, or do you have to wait till after delivery?

7. melissao

It's feeling better today, I was able to pop it back in YUCK! It made a gross popping sound. My sister said it will probably pop back out though [​IMG] She said that they won't do anything to correct it while I'm pregnant unless it becomes incarcerated (a piece of bowel gets stuck in the hernia - ouch!). Otherwise they will just wait until after the baby is born and I'll have to have it surgically repaired. So not too pleasant either way if you ask me! Oh the joys of pregnancy!