I "think" the famous wall is getting closer

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by stbmomof3, Aug 26, 2007.

1. stbmomof3

stbmomof3 Well-Known Member

I can't really say I have "hit the wall" just yet, but I definitely see it coming closer! I think as my expectations have moved, so has my level of tolerance.
    At first 38 weeks was my goal (and really still is)
    Then, I had a c-section scheduled for 37 weeks
    Next, my doctor told me he expected me to go around 36 weeks.

I now find myself saying "only 3 more weeks to go" which will be 36 and not 38. But honestly, it is really hard to get my head around being pregnant for 5 more weeks. I am really doing well except for the pelvic pain. It hurts like the dickens trying to sleep at night. I think if I could overcome that pain - I could last until 40 weeks.
    I started having contractions last night and prayed so hard! I refuse to have these babies in August! That is just way too early. I have decided the only thing I can do is take it one week at a time.
    I will feel much better if I find out my son has turned head down at my appointment on Wednesday. I think that will help a ton. I am still bound and determined not to have a c-section unless it is the last possible option. I just can't imagine having pain for several more weeks following delivery. Tired I can do. Sleep deprived I can do. But, looking at another month or two of pain I just really can't imagine.

2. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

I'm with ya. I feel the "wall" coming on. I too am dissapointed with the c-section stuff. My baby b is butt first breech and has a head that measures quit a bit larger than her sis so we are pretty much forced into a c-section to avoid a vaginal then emergency c. I've tried to come to peace with it and that way if she turns it will be a very happy surprise.

My friend came and stayed with me last night. She's had 2 c-sections and she felt much much better and almost back to normal by about 8 days so the recovery may be shorter than you think. I had a 4th degree tear with my son and that recovery was about a month. My OB told me it is worse to recover from that type of tear than it is a c-section.

3. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

Hang in there!! You are almost there! I too hit the wall and had a countdown til 36wks. Not so much to have the babies at that time, but it meant that I would be able to go to the hospital we wanted to go to, and not the one with the NICU. We made it by 5 days, and I am glad.

I was soooo terrifed of the recovery of a c-section, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The whole thing was easier than I thought it was going to be. Being prepared mentally for it helped a lot. I knew what to do and what to expect with the recovery. The worst part of recovery for me was the breast engorgement....that was really bad both times.

If I would ever get pg again, I would definetly opt for the c-section and not a VBAC.

April

4. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

I kept thinking that i hit the wall, but then it just keeps getting worse. But you are close.. so just take it one day at a time. I can only take it one day at a time. I think when i am falling asleep, maybe tomorrow will finally be the day... For me it seems like it will never come, but i know it will and then i will be totally unprepared and scared to death!!!

Im sorry for no words of encouragement!!

:hug99:

5. vikkimathews

vikkimathews Well-Known Member

I'm so with you too. My OB originally said that 38 weeks was as long as he'd let me go....then I was "doing so well" he through out there that we could wait until 39 ....i about burst into tears in his office. My boys had been head down from 27 weeks on...now baby B is transverse...so it looks like c-section time. I'm almost glad since it will finally give me a "date" to work on. Its hard wraping my head around even another week and a half. I know it will all be worth when the boys come....but boy am I feeling miserable these days...ugh!

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

You're doing so well. I pray the pain eases up for you. I'm so glad the doc thinks you'll go at least 36 weeks :).