I thought this was interesting re: 2 year well visit

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sullivanre, Jun 17, 2012.

1. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I took Lena for her two year well visit, and they asked me about her diet. They did not ask if she was still nursing; I volunteered that.

I've been seeing this pediatrician for over a year, and I have told them she nurses, but they didn't even ask. I wonder how many pediatricians would think to ask that. Then again, I also wonder how many toddlers are still nursing at age 2.

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had two nursing at that age. :) I am extremely proud of that. I do not remember if it was ever asked, but I know I always had to fill in a form before I got there and it asks what percent milk they drank and I put BREAST on both of them.

3. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't even get a form. She just asked me how much milk she drinks, and a few other questions. She only drinks like 5 ounces of cow milk a day, so the nurse practitioner said make sure she eats things like milk and cheese. That's when I said she still nurses.

4. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

My pedi is pro BF but seemed to be surprised I was still nursing after 9 months (esp with the twins).

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Interesting but cynical me is not surprised. ;) Also, congrats on reaching 2 years! :good: