I want this to be over with. How much longer?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by orangepaas, Nov 25, 2006.

1. orangepaas

orangepaas Well-Known Member

This past week, I had not one, but *two* people (who I'm not really close to, or hadn't seen in a long time), stop me and tell me "Wow, you look *great* for being pregnant with twins!...How much longer?" [​IMG]

It's so hard to say the words that will explain to a well meaning person the situation. Sometimes I don't say anything but "Thanks" -- which kills me, but in the interest of politeness it's just easier. Sometimes I say something, but it seems to not do justice to my girls.

I'm not sure if any of you have dealt with this before, but I just wanted to share. It's been on my mind.

Thanks.

2. orangepaas

orangepaas Well-Known Member

This past week, I had not one, but *two* people (who I'm not really close to, or hadn't seen in a long time), stop me and tell me "Wow, you look *great* for being pregnant with twins!...How much longer?" [​IMG]

It's so hard to say the words that will explain to a well meaning person the situation. Sometimes I don't say anything but "Thanks" -- which kills me, but in the interest of politeness it's just easier. Sometimes I say something, but it seems to not do justice to my girls.

I'm not sure if any of you have dealt with this before, but I just wanted to share. It's been on my mind.

Thanks.

3. 2babygirls

2babygirls Well-Known Member

[​IMG] to you. It must be hard to try to give an answer to that question. Especially when you know they mean well but if they only knew the pain you must have in your heart knowing your little girl is now an angel. I don't have a reply for you to give to someone as I was in the hospital when I lost our baby B (Hailey at 31 weeks) and stayed there until I delivered them at 34 weeks so I didn't have to really deal with people saying or making comments about how I look.

I just wanted to let you know someone cares about you even if it's in cyberspace. [​IMG]

4. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I don't have experience with those kind of comments in particular, but I've had plenty of other comments that are hard to take. I know it's hard to know how to reply. At least it seems these people just didn't know any better, as they didn't know you lost Olivia.

Since I've lost my girls, there have been many times when I feel confused over how to respond to people's questions. "How many kids do you have?" "How many kids do you want?" Etc. And there have been rude comments from people who knew we lost our girls. There's not a lot you can do to prepare yourself for certain comments, but just know there will be some tough ones. Seeing any twins is really hard for me, too.

Thanks for sharing...we're here for you!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

[​IMG] That's such a tough call! No matter what you say seems wrong! Since we delivered my girls the day we found out about my Olivia, I didn't have to worry about those comments.

But like Melissa I still struggle with how many kids I have. Especially since we have moved and no one knows about Olivia unless I tell them and they can obviously see 3 girls; 4 would be a strange answer to them--inviting too many questions.

So I'm no real help either, but you have us to cry and vent to about anything at anytime!
    [​IMG]

6. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

Im sorry I dotn know what to say but to offer you [​IMG] and prayers

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] x infinity

8. JenMK4678

JenMK4678 Well-Known Member

I do not have the same comments made to me that you do, but I have had people come up to me during this pregnancy and ask me if I am sure there are not twins in there because I got so big so fast. If they only knew!!

I also struggle with the questions about this being my first baby. If i tell them yes, I feel guilty and if I tell them no, it makes them feel uncomfortable...when will people realize that it is a personal question and not to ask?!?

I am so sorry to hear about your baby girl. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Jenn

[​IMG]