Icky Discharge

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by teafor2, Jun 1, 2009.

1. teafor2

teafor2 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be gross but hopefully someone can help me out here! I am 29.5 weeks. About 2 days ago I started noticing that the normal runny discharge I've always had during the pregnancy had become thicker and more abundant and much more mucus-y. Its not at all like any yeast infection I've ever had, and I don't have any other symptoms of infection. Today it was...again, sorry...VERY abundant and gloppy and stringy, kind of like that eggwhite discharge you look for when you're trying to conceive. :blush: At first I freaked out that it was my mucus plug - I had a scary bout of preterm labor at 27 weeks so now I am paranoid. Does anyone know what this is? Is it normal? I have my doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon and will ask then but I wanted to make sure I it isn't one of those emergency signs.

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My mucous plug was a brown color like old blood. I remember having clear discharge, but I would mention it to your doctor. Did it have any odor?

3. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

I have no idea...but since you had PTL issues earlier, I would call your OB and let them know...

I had lots of discharge about that same time, but it wasn't abundant or stringy...just on my undies and noticeable...call your doc.

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Melissa, I don't know but I hope someone will answer who does. :hug: I hope it's nothing that would cause an emergency situation. :hug: :hug: Call your doctor if you are worried.

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(mommymeg @ Jun 1 2009, 01:19 PM) [snapback]1336543[/snapback]
    My mucous plug was a brown color like old blood. I remember having clear discharge, but I would mention it to your doctor. Did it have any odor?

Same here - I didn't lose the mucous plug until after my water had broken and it was bloody-like.

6. teafor2

teafor2 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. No odor, and the color was yellow or clear. I'm not really worried its my mucus plug anymore, but just wondering why the suddent change in consistency.

7. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

the only tyhing what came to my mind might be yest infection but it usually smell badly.
    talk to your OB tomorrow.