Ideas for Christmas

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by brandycaviness, Oct 2, 2009.

1. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked I havne't seen Linkin Logs on anyones lists. The girls got them last year and they were really too young for them then...and like the lite brite pegs, they are always everywhere, but they love them. :)

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

We've also thought about the My Size Barbie for the girls...has anyone gotten these...are they worth the purchase?

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, thank you! I loved Lincoln Logs when I was little. That's going on my list for L&L for Christmas!

4. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

I just saw this......Thanks Brandy!

I can't believe they don't care for theirs all that much! :eek: My nephews have always LOVED that type of thing. Hmmmm, maybe it is a boy vs. girl thing, you think??

5. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Not sure. Maybe :pardon: They like to pretend and get in and out of it, but don't really "drive" it much. They prefer bubbles or playing ball when we are outside.

6. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

Drums and other musical instruments
    One of those boyish workbenches with the nails and hammer... I think ivana would LOVE it!
    I can't think of anything else yet

7. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We got the girls the Handy Manny tool set for their birthday and they LOVE it. They are constantly picking up to the tools to "fix" everything. The little boy I babysit has a pretty big set of play tools, and they play with his stuff all the time too. So I think that is a great idea!!

8. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

Rhanks for the suggestion... glad to know I'm not the only one whose girls love screwdrivers lol!

9. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any games 27 month olds could play? Most of the games are 3 and up, I did find the cat in the hat game which is 2 1/2 and up, but I really want to get some more...
    TIA
    Jen

10. tinalb

How about Lucky Ducks? It says 36 months, but I can't imagine why a 2 year old couldn't play!

11. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

We went to Target yesterday and they had some great deals on toy sets! They were generic brand (I think), decent-quality toys, all for $10-$15 (not even on sale). They had mini Black & Decker tools, a metal cooking set, a McDonald's play set, a play food set, a doctor kit, and more. All had lots of pieces and were a great value for the price! We picked up a few for the boys for Christmas.

Just wanted to pass the news along.

12. twins1231

twins1231 Well-Known Member

We are doing big girls bikes with helmets (I just bought the bikes this week)

Fisher Price Mommy and Me Dolls
    Fisher Price Baby Dolls
    They want new strollers for the dolls (ours broke) and beds for dolls
    Playdoh and Moon Sand
    Tinkertoys
    Barbies
    My one daughter wants a train (she says we don't have one of those in this house I think we need one) she also says she wants a computer
    Golf Sets
    Ice Age DVD

13. twins1231

twins1231 Well-Known Member

What about Elefun? I'm sure the age, but it is just a crazy game that keeps them jumping around trying to catch butterflies with their nets.

14. tinalb

If anyone is thinking of Lincoln Logs for Christmas (who knew they were so expensive?!), I just found this big set online at Target that isn't actually Lincoln Logs but is the same basic thing for a much lower price.

15. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

For my DD who just turned 5:
    Princess dress up clothes (Halloween clearance for $2!!!)
    skirt w/ leggings
    princess flash light
    variety of art supplies
    play dough
    doll house

For my boys who will be less than one month shy of turning 4:
    new tennis shoes
    variety of art supples
    big boy bikes w/helmet (this will probably end up as birthday gift instead though)
    drums
    keyboard
    2 outfits each
    Cars and Spiderman flashlights
    playdough
    dress up Ninja costumes (more Halloween clearance. :ibiggrin: )

For all three:
    pots and pans for play kitchen
    play food
    play dough accessories
    toothbrushes
    a new DVD
    socks

I love the light bright cube!! I think I'm going to get this and have it be the family gift from the Christmas tree that we open Christmas Eve. It will have to be one of those special toys/activities that gets put away when they are done, and they can only access when DH or I get it out. The little pegs all over the place would drive me batty.

16. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The Geotrax have been a hit in our house for years so we add a couple more things to it each Xmas.
    Also the Imaginex series is a huge hit with my kids. They play with the ships almost everyday. They want the space ship this year.
    Legos are a hit but I HATE the mess. My boys want the Trio stuff (kinda like Kid Knex).

Kenna wants anything princess or fairy. They also love the idea of playing store so I found some great little market type places.

17. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

It's funny that most of the posts in the "Christmas" thread are from October... I'm hoping it will get more action after Thanksgiving for those of us who haven't finished our shopping by then!

This is way belated, but in case anyone's still wondering:
    We got one of those for A&S's 2nd birthday (insane, I know) and they couldn't use it at all until they were at least 3 -- in addition to being too uncoordinated, they were just too short. Now they can use it, and go through spurts of wanting to bounce around the front yard, but mostly it just sits in the garage or lies abandoned in the yard. I think it actually might be better for older kids (5? 6?) who can really bounce as opposed to just trying not to fall off.

18. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Someone got L&M these last year for Christmas. They had a really cute horse that covered the ball. They are still in the package. :blush:

19. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

I think my DD LOVES Handy Manny & his tools more than DS. We have a couple of the tools. They were given to Cooper for bday present, but Brooklyn actually plays with them more. In fact, we went to Walmart today and she saw 2 different things that were Handy Manny and went nuts over them!

20. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

For whoever is looking for those hopping sit-on balls -- try Rody! Look up "Rody" on Amazon -- he's a really cute inflatable horse, and comes in every color. We've had a black Rody since Nadia was very small, and he hangs out in the living room and is part of the family now. Once in a while, the kids even hop around on him. :ibiggrin:

When Nadia turned 5, we made the rule that she was not allowed to bring her lovey in the car -- in fact, from then on, it only stayed in her room. But, it never occurred to us to expressly forbid her bringing something else...so Rody has made several car trips with us, LOL.

21. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Our sitter has a red Rody and my girls :wub: him!!!

22. PurpleNurple

PurpleNurple Well-Known Member

We have decided that our kids really don't need alot of STUFF for Christmas - they have a ton of toys and we have a new baby on the way and things just pile up.
    We are doing a few gifts for the kids - nothing huge for under the tree, though:

Zayne:
    Barbie with fashion clothes
    Bike Helmet with knee pads (Mom is giving her Roller Skates)
    Bubble Bath
    I have a vanity set set that I was given a couple years ago and it has been in my garage, my dd has never seen it...I might take it out for her and get her some play make up.
    Hair clips (Stocking)

McAuley:
    Roller Skates
    Bike Helmet with knee pads
    He has only ONE request - a new Larry boy for his Larry Boy Car - which is broken, so if we are able to find it when we head down to to NY next week, we want to get him a new car and Larry Boy.
    Bubble Bath
    Something else?? Not sure...going shopping in NY next week, we might find something there!

Our BIG gift this year is a bedroom make over for the twins. They are sharing a bedroom now as we have started setting up the baby's room in Zayne's room. This means they will get bunk beds (they are still in their convertible toddler beds and I need one of them for the crib!) new dressers and toy storage shelves and bins. We may also paint their room a more neutral color (right now it's denim blue) and pick up some things to decorate with. The have never really ever had new furniture, or matching sets before, so it is long over due.

They will be getting gifts from my Mom and a couple small things from my inlaws, along with a cheque for each of them.

I have seen the Tag reading things before...they have the leap frog magnet (3 letters) system and they LOVE it. They are obsessed with letters and we have gone through 2 or 3 magna doodle type things because they ALL the time, especially in the car. They are writing letters and doing letter sounds constantly (thanks to the Leap Frog videos - highly recommended!)
    I'd buy them another 2 Magna Doodle things, but they go through them so quickly (at least the cheaper, generic ones). Can anyone recommend a GOOD quality doodler like the Magna Doodle?
    I will have to look into the Tag systems - maybe for the b-day in March.