Identical twin boys born!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AandWmom, Jul 16, 2011.

1. AandWmom

AandWmom Member

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the forum, but our boys were born on July 12th at 8:14 and 8:15am by c-section. My husband and I are so thrilled. Alex was 4lbs 11oz and Ward was 4lbs 7oz. We were fully expecting both babies to spend 3-4wks in the NICU because they had TTTS (surgery at 24wks), IUGR, and were a little preemie (36wks), but Ward went straight to the nursery and Alex only had to spend ~30hrs in the NICU to help him get breathing on his own. It was truly a miracle!!! They fought through some jaundice, temp regulation issues, and a little too much weight loss and everyone is leaving the hospital together this afternoon. We have gone through so much to get these little guys here and are just so excited to get them home so they can meet their doggies and see where they are going to live.

The main reason I'm posting this is because during all of the bad stuff that we went through (and there was a lot of it) I read sooo many stories, and all of the ones I read with a good outcomes gave me hope. I hope someone reads this and finds a little hope when things seem like aren't going to be ok. Miracles DO happen.

2 people like this.
  2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats on your boys! I am so glad everyone is doing well.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!! Enjoy your first day home with your two little miracles. :babyflips:

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Congrats! Glad that everyone is doing well!

5. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

;) Hey, Ashley! Glad to have you on TS! You ARE an example of triumph over adversity. I'm so glad you're all going home!

Congrats again!

6. ward

ward Well-Known Member

congratulations!!!!! Happy birthday baby Boys!!!

7. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow! Congrats on your boys! Welcome to the FY.

9. jessicawebb01

jessicawebb01 Member

Hey Ashley!! So glad to see you on here and see that your boys are healthy and headed home. Let us know if you need anything!

Congrats!!!

10. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

WOOHOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOYS!!!!! I am so glad all of you are going home today!!!!! YAY!!!! and thanks for your story, it will bring hope to many!!

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your boys!!

12. toni4veka

toni4veka Active Member

CONGRATULATION MY DEAR !!! :drinks: