Identical Twins Head Shape

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sjohnson813, Dec 11, 2008.

?

Are your identical twins heads/faces shapes similar or different?

1. Both have similar shaped heads/faces

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Baby A has round head/face, Baby B has oval head/face

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Baby A has oval head/face, Baby B has round head/face

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. other, please clarify in post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. One does have a round head and one an oval, but I don't know which is A or B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that a lot of identical twins are described as one having a round face/head and one having an oval head/face. I wonder if this has to do with where they were positioned in us. Mine were monoamniotic, so I am not entirely sure that Baby A and Baby B were always the same baby, but near the end I am pretty sure Cooper (Baby A) was always low on my cervix and he has a very round head and face. Clay was up in my ribs and has an oval face and head.

(This is my first poll, maybe I did it right) :)

2. debid

debid Well-Known Member

My A (who was vertex for several weeks) has a rounder face/head and B who floated around transverse most of the time has the oval head/face.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I have an ID twin sister... For a long time my face was more oval than hers, which was rounder. I'm sure position in the uterus makes a difference.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine both have the same head shape - and they were both vertex in my uterus. Amelia just eats a little more and is a little bigger, so her face looks a little bit fuller. Lily is a little smaller, even in the face but they are the same shape. I think.

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hi: I voted... with my sister & I! She was twin A and I was twin B. We were both head down (born vaginally). She has a narrower face than I do. Still does! We are identical (not tested).

6. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Mine were both head down early… and stayed that way until birth… Seth even had a dent in his forehead from (we think) my pelvic bone… he is baby A w/ oval shape

7. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Baby B has a long face so I guess we'll call that oval?! And Baby A has a more round face maybe. All I know is they have very distinct head shape.