If interested PLEASE READ post near top Page 5! 4th Annual TS Sesame Place Weekend!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sharongl, Jan 14, 2007.

1. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

It's that time again!

Time to start planning for our annual gathering! We are planning on Memorial Day weekend again, since it worked out so well last year. The park wasn't too crowded, and everyone had Monday to go home.

On Saturday, May 26th we will have a picnic in the park--we are looking to go to the same place as last year.

Sunday, May 27th is Sesame Place!

If you are interested in coming one or both days, please list your name in this thread. Also, feel free to ask any general questions. As we get closer, I will start a PT with everyone interested for more specific details. Also, feel free to PT me at anytime with questions.

I look forward to seeing our "regulars" as well as lots of new faces! We are looking to see who travels the farthest--I think Tara and Leslie hold the record coming from NC, but Bonnie may be close coming from ME!

2. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I'm interested! But where was it? I had a lot going on after my twins were born in April and didn't realize a thing. TIA!

Simone Birkholz (monie rose)

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

i am interested. where can i find details

4. sharongl

Bascially, we have a meet and greet BBQ at a park near Doylestown, PA, and the next day go to Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA. I will give out most of the details in about a month or so, after people have had a chance to express interest. This is because there is personal info that needs to go out, and I prefer to do that in a PT--for obvious reasons.

5. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Hm. Unfortunately we'll be down that way the weekend before -- and through Wednesday for a conference in Philly. I don't think we'll be able to make it back.

But keep me in the loop, just in case. I'd like for us to go to the picnic. It's possible, even though improbable.

6. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

We'll be there, of course. The kids are constantly asking when we can see all of our friends at Sesame Place [​IMG] And they are really excited b/c my dad has promised to take them during the week to some mini amusement park with train rides somewhere in the mountains also!!

Marie, if we are there for the entire week I'd love to meet with you for lunch or something on Tues or Wed. - or maybe I could bribe you to come to my Dad's house and cook for us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. sharongl

quote:
    We'll be there, of course. The kids are constantly asking when we can see all of our friends at Sesame Place And they are really excited b/c my dad has promised to take them during the week to some mini amusement park with train rides somewhere in the mountains also!!

Tara, is he talking about Knobles (sp?) I have heard it is fun, but never been.

8. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

I can't remember what he said it was called? I'm pretty sure it's in the Poconos - he rides up there on his Harley all the time and stays at a resort or something in that area...I really want to get them to Dutch Wonderland before they get too much older, but not sure we'll make that this year, maybe next [​IMG]

9. UD Flyer

UD Flyer Well-Known Member

I'd like to come again this year. Hopefully we'll be able to make it. Please put my name on the list.

10. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

It sounds like a lot of fun. Put my family down for the gathering.

11. lalabunny

lalabunny Well-Known Member

Sharon,

I may be going back to work for Sesame in the Group Sales Dept. I am not 100% on that yet. I may be able to get a sweeter deal, if so.
    I'll keep you posted.

12. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Count us in for both please!

Heather, any chance you will be in PA for the long weekend?

13. lalabunny

lalabunny Well-Known Member

Shaeon...put us in for now. I don't know where we'll be financially at that point.

14. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Us too!! [​IMG] The boys had so much fun last year they still talk about it. Dianne I will try to bring a bag of apples for the hotel for Kyle [​IMG]

15. twinduckmom

twinduckmom Well-Known Member

Anything on the west coast? [​IMG]

16. Col

Col Well-Known Member

Hi~

We're interested. We don't live too far from there. Although I'm not sure what the twins could do at Sesame Place, I know our son would love it! I would love to be kept in the loop with all of the PM's!

Thanks,
    Colleen

17. Saiynee

Saiynee Well-Known Member

It's a posibliity for us. We couldn't go last year because of my nieces first birthday. However, I know this same SIL is planning a fortieth for my BIL and I don't know when that'll be. I was thinking of going to Lancaster to go to Dutch Wonderland in June. Is it far from Sesame? If not maybe we'll hit both of them.

18. Tracy623

Tracy623 Well-Known Member

Please include us on the information list. We've been discussing a trip to Sesame Place.

Tracy

19. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of fun! Please include us on the list! For those of you who have gone before...what kind of money are we talking about her for like admissions, and hotel...etc? Anyone know? Just want to see if it is something we can do or if it is totally out of the question...LOL!

20. sharongl

Wow, I am so excited to meet many of you!

As far as cost, tickets are $19 each, with children under 24 months FREE! (Laura did say that she may be able to get us a better deal [​IMG]) I am going to ask that everyone who is coming to the picnic send in $5, to reinburse for the cost of the park--in the past we tried to collect at the park, and I would get busy and forget to ask. As for the hotel, my family has always commuted but I think it ran around $100 per family. Hopefully someone who has stayed in the hotel can chime in on that.

21. momoftwins+one

momoftwins+one Well-Known Member

I would love to attend, can I bring a friend as I don't drive?

22. sharongl

quote:
    I would love to attend, can I bring a friend as I don't drive?

Yes, we have also had grandparents, as well as aunts, and maybe uncles. If it gets you there, they are welcome!

23. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

Hi there, Please put us on the list for all of the info. We are about 6 hours away and would love to try to come. We couldn't last year because of a wedding and we were bummed. Let us know any info that you have as far as prices and what sort of money to try to save. Any info would be helpful!!!

24. sharongl

I put some preliminary pricing on the last post of the first page [​IMG]

25. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

We stayed at a local hotel last year on Sat night and the cost was $89 plus tax.

26. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info....I just went to the website, and was "nosing" around. It looks like SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! I am excited...but DH says oh no.... more ELMO....LOL! I would definately like to make it this year! We are 6 hours or so away too, but it would be worth it to meet all you other TWIN mommies and your little twinkies! I am so excited...now I can't wait til May! This is the only thing I have to look forward to right now, as far as vacations go...hehehe! Better make it a good one!

27. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I completely understand, the other day I asked Sharon when she was going to start the thread, sad I know! The drive for us is 4 1/2 hours if I don't stop at all, not too bad. Soo excited to be talking about May!!!

28. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

I am going to be getting pretty big in May [​IMG] But we may try for next year. I have family in Ohio. We could arrange the drive to PA while visiting family next year.

29. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Oohh I'd love to attend!! That is my oldest DS' birthday so just Sesame Place. We'll be having a party the Saturday before.

30. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Keep me in the loop. Not sure if I will be able to make it, but I want to try.

31. mzshoe

mzshoe Well-Known Member

Please add us to your list. I have been looking for a chance to meet other twin families.

32. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

Please add us to the list as well! We'd love to come!

33. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

We have been so upset to have missed last year that I have been doing all I can to figure out how we can make it this year. So it is already on my calendar (in pen no less). I'll put in for the time off from work tomorrow. As long as I can wing it financially we will be there!!!!!!!

Edited to add: The hotel that was used last year has upped its prices considerably ($130) I'm sitting here sick and with no kids so I'm doing some research on what else is available. Sharon I'll send you an email with what I find to add to the PT. There are some inexpensive hotels listed but many of them are further away than I think most of us would want to travel.

34. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

hey - I'm only an hour from there...put me down too please!!

35. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Yeah I was researching this morning and both the Ramada and the Comfort Inn (side by side) were showing as $129+.