If interested PLEASE READ post near top Page 5! 4th Annual TS Sesame Place Weekend!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sharongl, Jan 14, 2007.

1. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Maybe this time we will have enough people to get a special group rate.

Molly, I am so glad you think you will make it! We missed you last year!

I am already working on a few "surprises" for the picnic [​IMG]

2. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

I've seen prices from $48 to $299. I'm not so sure the $48 place was one I'd be willing to stay in but I did find some "branded" hotels that were under $100. I used 2 adults and 2 children as my criteria (because thats what I have now that Andrea is 18)

I did find one closer to Sesame than the Ramada, for less but I'm still investegating (my girls insist on a pool).

3. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Will you be there long enough to use the pool? Last year we arrived at the hotel long enough to play in the playground while we waited for pizza, eat and go to bed. I really liked the idea of the outside playground (although Michele probably thinks differently [​IMG]) because they got to blow off some steam (who would have thunk they still had some after the picnic [​IMG]). Honestly, I think I will do the Ramada no matter what the charge but maybe I can be coerced otherwise. The Ramada has wireless internet which was great for me after the K team went to bed. I couldn't leave the room and Michele was a hallway away (Bonnie was floors away) so I sat on the laptop until I was ready for bed. I didn't see internet as an option at the Comfort Inn.

ETA: I sometimes bring a friend, she asked me last week what weekend it was so maybe she is planning on trying to get the time off?

4. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

please include us on your list[​IMG]

5. frain2005

frain2005 Well-Known Member

I second the idea of the pool....even just for a few minutes! My kids LOVE IT! It seems like alot of people are planning on staying over...maybe we could get a group rate, with rooms close to each other. I am planning on making a weekend trip out of it. I think you have to have reservations made a little ahead of time for group rates though...especially since it is a holiday weekend! If not...I think alot of hotels offer discounts with AAA, and other credit cards and such.

6. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We will be there! I will probably be bringing the whole family!! I have never been to a TS gathering so I am looking forward to it!

7. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

Wow! I would love to attend and meet other TS members!!! Please count me in on the details. One question though....do you think my girls will be too young for Sesame Place? They will be 10 months at that time.

Thank you!

8. bren1130

bren1130 Well-Known Member

Please send me the details. I hope to get at least Sunday off and meet the TS family.

9. lgbailey

lgbailey Well-Known Member

Well, I just checked and it is right in the middle of my first summer session for school. [​IMG] Maybe next year. I will have just graduated and will need a celebratory trip, right? Tara, will Dutch Wonderland be open? When we were there we stayed across the street and it wasn't open yet. I think it was scheduled to open the weekend we left. It did look like a lot of fun, though!

10. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Dutch Wonderland and Hershey both open memorial day weekend. I think last year one of them opened up the weekend before or something like that. I live right near both of them so I can find out more info if you want!

11. ~Kim D~

~Kim D~ Well-Known Member

Put me in the PT. I may be able to swing it this year!

12. kws

kws Well-Known Member

yes, we'd love to go! but can we be put in the head count tentatively? I cant plan that far in advance. I've posted and read on here for nearly 2 years now and the names are so familiar, it'd be awesome to meet in person finally! My guy's will be nearly 2, is that too young? karen

13. angbatiato

angbatiato Active Member

Please add us to the list...the boys will be sooo little but we'd still love to come!

14. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Add me to the PT too, I will try to get there! Looks like a lot of Mass peeps! YAY!

15. 06mommy

06mommy Well-Known Member

I'm interested. Mine weren't old enough last year but if we're free that day it'd be fun to meet everyone!

16. sharongl

The first year we went, my boys were a month shy of 2, and they enjoyed it, and each year they have had even more fun. Last year a bunch of people brought their superyards to the picnic, and we had a HUGE kiddie corral for the babies!

17. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How is Sesame place at the end of May?
    I was telling my DH about this last night, and he was like it is too cold for sesame place since it is mostly a water park. He used to go every year as a camp counsler, but has not been there since 97 I think.

18. sharongl

Lisa, the first year it was HOT, the second was misty/cool--but we did find plenty to do. Last year it was hot as well. If you think about it, Memorial Day weekend is also the weekend that most pools open.

19. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

The first year we went it was the weekend before Memorial Day, around the 22/23. It was about 90 degrees and humidity was extremely high, almost too high! The second year we did it the same weekend and it was in the 60's and drizzly. Didn't stop the children (much) but it did stop the parents (you will see sweatshirts and bathing suits in alot of the pictures) and put a little damper on the pool aspect. The sun came out later on in the day so that helped. Last year, our first Memorial day weekend and I can't remember the exact temperature but I am remembering it was pretty much the perfect day! Both days last year I am remembering as ideal, not too hot, not too cold.

Basically it is hit or miss but we generally speaking have been pretty fortunate. There are dry aspects of Sesame that are enjoyable if the weather is not perfect. We actually saw a show that one year when the weather was iffy, haven't seen any shows either of the other years. We also did more of the rides that one year whereas when the weather is nice the rides are pretty much the last thing before we leave and we don't get to many of them.

ETA: Sorry Sharon, my long winded response took awhile to type. Didn't mean to repeat.

20. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I MAY be there. School ends for the girls May 23rd, and we then have to pack up because we are coming home for good!! YEAH!!!! Hopefully, we will be there though. I should know the closer we get to the date sop don't count me in for sure. If we go, we will just pay regualr price probably since we won't know for awhile.

21. abbymarie

abbymarie Well-Known Member

Count us into the PT. I don't know what this spring will hold for us, but we'd LOVE to come!!

22. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

please let me know the plans! i would love to try to come to meet so many of you. i need to look into how far of a drive it would be for us and figure out if my kids would get anything out of the sesame place at their age (they would be 21 months in may) or we would more enjoy the bbq at the park with everyone).

23. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sharon, can you keep me in the loop on this? I'm not sure that we would be able to come, with the new baby, etc, but I want to keep my options open. Thanks!

24. my3boys

my3boys Well-Known Member

Hi Sharon [​IMG]
    Can you add my name to the PT list? We just got season passes to Six Flags Great Adventure, but would love to try to swing a quick weekend getaway to Sesame as well!! I will have to see what our schedules look like as we get closer though.
    Thanks!!

25. Twinium

Twinium Well-Known Member

Can you count us in on the information for this? Thanks!

26. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

We will try to go to both this year. The girls were disappointed last year that we didn't go to Sesame Place.

27. KimM

KimM Well-Known Member

I haven't been on in quite awhile, and I would love to finally meet you all.Please add our names. TIA!!

Kim M
    Mommy to James and Mia
    3/5/06

28. sharongl

I am so excited to see so many new names! I will probably start up the PT by the beginning of Feb. I will post about it here, to make sure I don't miss anyone [​IMG]

29. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

Do you know my father called and asked if 'the website girls had talked about the date yet'!! I was cracking up, even Dad knows the drill. Apparently he wants to plan a day for him & Allen to go deep sea fishing while we're there [​IMG]

30. rtmommie

rtmommie Well-Known Member

Please include me also. My kids are dying to get back to Sesame.

31. LeslieLu

LeslieLu Well-Known Member

Kelly how far is it from us??

32. sharongl

quote:
    Do you know my father called and asked if 'the website girls had talked about the date yet'!! I was cracking up, even Dad knows the drill. Apparently he wants to plan a day for him & Allen to go deep sea fishing while we're there

Tara, you can always come visit us that day! I would love to return the hospitality from, oh, like 2 years ago [​IMG]

33. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

we were planning a trip there anyway, my kids love it! please count us in. also, the sesame website has some packages that are interesting...breakfasts and things like that.http://www.sesameplace.com/sesame/pa/index.aspxcheck it out!

34. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

one question? are the water rides open then? won't it be too cold to ride them?

35. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

The water rides are definitely open. I mentioned the weather before but two out of three years we have gone the water has been very refreshing due to high temps (one year super high humidity too). Just one year the weather was a little chilly, the water rides were open they just weren't too appealing to us (the adults anyway) at least until later in the afternoon when the sun came out a little.