If interested PLEASE READ post near top Page 5! 4th Annual TS Sesame Place Weekend!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sharongl, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bgtwins

bgtwins Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to meet everyone. Please include me!

2. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure what May will bring for us, but please add me to the list.

Thanks!

3. Nonni2two

Nonni2two Well-Known Member

We are interested in coming both days. Do you think there is enough at Sesame Place for 15 month olds? Please put us on the list for more information. Thank you for organizing things!

Michelle

4. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I think as long as the children are walking they will have plenty to do although last year Peyton wasn't walking and she still seemed to have a blast so what do I know [​IMG].

5. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

sesame place is great for 15 months olds and even younger, they have parades and there is lots to look at even from your stroller. i took my two older girls and they were only about 2 1/2 and 10 months old. they both loved it!

6. daniellecic

ok being new at this! do we get our own hotel and tickets or is it a group rate at one hotel? i am having a hard time finding a hotel in the area that has any good deals, any advice?

7. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I think we'll be at the picnic after all!

I'm not bringing the girls to my mom's for my conference (surprisingly it actually complicates things at home because I'd bring the au pair, and then who would watch the dog!?) So first I am going to be set loose in Philly (my home town!) for a long weekend without DH and the kiddoes (I'll miss them terribly), and then I'll get to meet all of you!

8. gabnscottsmom

gabnscottsmom Member

tentatively count us in. I would really like to meet other twin families

9. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

quote:
    ok being new at this! do we get our own hotel and tickets or is it a group rate at one hotel? i am having a hard time finding a hotel in the area that has any good deals, any advice?

Molly has done some preliminary work on the hotels. In the next week or so, I think we will be able to move this to a PT, and then we get get more specifics. If we do have enough people/rooms we can look into getting a group rate--Molly managed one for us one year [​IMG]

As for the tickets, I take care of that--everyone just sends me a check, and I get the group rate on tickets. As of now it is $19 pp/with children under 24 months, free, but Laura may work on getting us a better deal--more on that in the PT as well [​IMG]

Marie, I am glad you can make it! It will be great to finally meet you in person!

10. caterina

caterina Well-Known Member

Please add me to the list.

Cat

11. Kateyes2022

Kateyes2022 Well-Known Member

Add me to the list! I would LOVE to meet you guys. It would be a long drive for us but I think we would manage.

12. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

I think we may be able to attend our first TS function.

13. prettybaby25

prettybaby25 Well-Known Member

I'm from Pgh so it should be a quick drive to Langhorne! Put us on the list, please. Who knows - I may even be working on my 2nd set of twins at that time!!!

erin

14. sharongl

I just sent out a PT to everyone I had listed as interested, if you didn't get one, and are interested, please let me post here! Thanks! Only 4 months to go!

15. DanaLynn100

DanaLynn100 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by sharongl:
    It's that time again!

Time to start planning for our annual gathering! We are planning on Memorial Day weekend again, since it worked out so well last year. The park wasn't too crowded, and everyone had Monday to go home.

On Saturday, May 26th we will have a picnic in the park--we are looking to go to the same place as last year.

Sunday, May 27th is Sesame Place!

If you are interested in coming one or both days, please list your name in this thread. Also, feel free to ask any general questions. As we get closer, I will start a PT with everyone interested for more specific details. Also, feel free to PT me at anytime with questions.

I look forward to seeing our "regulars" as well as lots of new faces! We are looking to see who travels the farthest--I think Tara and Leslie hold the record coming from NC, but Bonnie may be close coming from ME!

It sounds like a lot of fun. But I'm starting a new job that involves travel so I can't commit to anything that far down the road yet. We'd like to be kept in the loop though.

16. Dani Boyle

Dani Boyle Well-Known Member

17. TnTzMom

TnTzMom Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh... I haven't been on this site in so long! Perhaps since the summer-- I'm glad I got the email- it has straightened me up and brought me back! (life's been hectic!).

We are going to try and come again this year. We had a great time last year (even though we sat in the wrong place for lunch and missed everyone!)

Do you need us to do t-shirts again this year? If so, just let us know.

Bonnie
    ps- we'll have to do the mileage out and see which is further- NC or ME! LOL [​IMG]

18. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

quote:
    Tara, is your dad talking about Knobel's? It's about 1 1/2-2 hours north of Philly near the Poconos. It's a great place to go! LOL

That must be it, Sharon mentioned that name too. I talked to him the other night and forgot to ask.

19. MelanieMA

MelanieMA Well-Known Member

Keep me on the list please. I wanted to come last year, but my girls were so little. This year may work out. We are in NE Massachusetts and the drive doesn't look too bad. Thanks!!

20. 2xtwins

2xtwins Well-Known Member

WE ARE INTERESTED TOO! SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FUN. DON'T KNOW IF WE WILL BRING THE BABIES OR JUST THE BOYS.

NANCY

IDENTICAL TWIN BOYS
    LUKE AND LOGAN 06-01-04

IDENTICAL TWIN GIRLS
    LAUREN AND LEAH 07-02-06

21. tweety9

tweety9 Well-Known Member

Add us to the list. Hopefully we can do both this year.

22. daniellecic

i posted earlier about being interested in the trip, we should be able to make it! i had a few questions
    1. can friends and family come along or do we need to purchase seperate tickets for them
    2. any news on hotels
    3. is there a bad weather date

thanks!!

23. sharongl

Please check your PT's for specific info about the trip. You can see them by clicing on the "New PT" tab at the top each forum.

As for your questions:
    1. Yes, family and friends are welcome. You will need to tell me how many tickets you need, and we get them as part of the group.
    2. Hotel news is forthcoming in the PT, we are waiting to see if we have enough interest to look for a group rate.
    3. Because of the number of people traveling, we simply hope for good weather. We have basically been lucky so far. But the picnic area does have covered pavillions, and, we found plenty to do in Sesame Place the one year that it was cold and misty. Also, Sesame Place does have a rainy day guarentee which will benefit those of us close enough for a return trip.

24. ora

ora New Member

i would like you to notify me about this. sounds like a lot of fun! i would like to bring my twins, but my 3 year old will enjoy it even more!

25. twinsmama11305

twinsmama11305 Active Member

Hello! Please add us to your list. I was planning on taking the girls to Sesame Place this summer anyway, so this works out even better! We are only a few hours away, but we will be staying the weekend also. I think trying to get a group rate together sounds like a great idea. Keep me informed please! Thanks and see you soon!

26. Kcampbell

Kcampbell Well-Known Member

Please include us in the list as well. We were looking at taking a trip, this sounds like a great fit!

27. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I would like to be added to your list. We're talking about a drive down to MD to visit family, so we may be able to make this "on the way". We'll see how it turns out. thanks!

28. md2tnmum

md2tnmum Member

Any thing in TN? We should see if Dollywood sponsor a Twins event. Since we are centrally located for the East coast [​IMG]

29. 2kmbmom

2kmbmom New Member

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond...but I'm interested in the Sesame Place weekend. My girls will be 4 in 2 weeks, and we are in the Pittsburgh area. We've been talking about going to Sesame Place for awhile now. We've never done a twin "get together" before, but I'd really like to. I think the girls would be so excited to see so many other twins. People tend to treat them like an exhibit at the zoo sometimes. I know you all know what that's like! [​IMG]
    Any more details would be great!
    Thanks! [​IMG]

30. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I did a google of my name and my post for this was the first thing on the list. I just thought it was weird that's all!

31. cheyanne17

cheyanne17 New Member

We would also like to be put on the list - I was hoping to take my boys to Sesame Place anyway this year.

Cheyanne & Gino

Parents of Gage and Eli (19 months)

32. tracyblessedwith2

tracyblessedwith2 Well-Known Member

Hey Sharon! I didn't think we were going to be able to go this year b/c we had a wedding scheduled in SC for that weekend. But, the wedding has been cancelled so we should be free. Please include me in the PT!

Thanks,
    Tracy

33. Mom4Boys

Mom4Boys Well-Known Member

I find it really hard to think about the summer, but I was at one of my son's schools yesterday to help with next years kindergarden registration, so I guess its time. Please add us to the list of interested families.

Debbi

DS - Daniel 7/12/95
    DS - Andrew 8/13/97
    DS- David 10/14/04
    DS - Samuel 10/14/04