If you had a vaginal birth...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by E&Msmom, Dec 3, 2008.

1. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Just curious for those of you that delivered vaginally how many minutes apart were they? Also, did you have an epidural?

Mine are 33 minutes apart and seems a bit longer than others..

2. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

I was expecting them to be 20-30 min. apart but they were just 4 min (that's with the Dr. taking the time to try and manually turn Baby B from her breech position)... it all happened sooo fast!

and yes, I had an epidural (haven't had one with the past few births... but opted to with the twins and I'm sure glad I did!)

3. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

My boys were 13 minutes apart. I opted for the epidural "just in case." After reading about certain deliveries that turned towards emergency c-sections, I wanted to go the easiest safest route. I still can't believe the difference the epidural makes!

4. larastevens

larastevens Well-Known Member

mine were 30 minutes apart. if i remember correctly, we waited 5/10 mins to see if brook would come on his own, then broke his waters. i wasnt that keen on pushing (again!) so i think he practically gave birth to himself!!!
    i didnt have any pain relief - we used hypnobirthing techniques and a birthing pool for the middle part of labour. not being brave! just very very lucky to have pain i could cope with.

5. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

29 minutes...but on it looks like an 1 hour and 29 minutes when looking at their birth certificates because of the time change.

Yes I had an epidural. I had Lucas, in one push, doctor,nurses, no one and nothing was set up...his water broke...so they waited till my doctor could get there, get the pediatricians there and then my doctor broke Dillon's water and I had him.

Dianna

6. pigsocks

pigsocks Well-Known Member

I had an epidural. My girls are 4 hours apart. It was a long 4 hours. Emily's water broke on its own and she was born about 4 hours afterwards. Then they broke victoria's water after Emily as born and gave me pictosin. She finally came into this world 4 hours after her sister.

7. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I did have an epidural. Mine were three minutes apart!

8. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

Mine were 13 minutes apart (would have been longer but they "lost" DS on the monitor after DD was born so she used a kiwi extractor to speed up his delivery just in case), no pain meds but I had contractions for 14 weeks - lots of practice dealing with pain!

9. lanasvik

lanasvik Member

Had an epidural :D started pushing at 8pm, DD was born at 8:28pm and DS came 8 minutes later at 8:36pm

10. ElisabethCogdill

ElisabethCogdill Well-Known Member

Cara was born at 2:05 and Lily was born at 2:19 and I had an Epi..and I loved it.

11. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine were born at 14.48 and 14.58 so 10 minutes apart here too. I had an epidural too and i think it is the best thing ever invented!! x

12. Pookersb

Pookersb Member

My water broke at 3pm. I was fully dilated at 6pm. I had Ari at 8:15pm after 2 hours and 15 minutes of pushing (I never thought he would come out). Zivi popped out at 8:31pm. During that 16 minutes, they did an ultrasound, watched her descend, broke her water, and I did a couple rounds of pushing. I didn't have an epidural because I have a bleeding disorder (otherwise I would have).

13. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were 8 minutes apart-after Ryder was born they broke Reese's water and she was already heads down and ready to come out-a few pushes and they were both here!!! It was so easy! I did have an epidural but my doctors said I pretty much had to incase they needed to do a C-section...not that I needed a reason to have the epidural-I was all for it! Funny, once I got the epidural it was the best I had felt in weeks-and I was in labor! lol

14. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

Mine are 4 minutes apart and I did get the epi even though it was to late and it didn't take effect until after I started pushing.

15. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were 9 minutes apart.

16. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

my girls were 8 minutes apart. i didn't have an epi - my labour went too fast. i think the resident that caught my babies was more wigged out about it than i was though. :D

17. spiveyplustwins

spiveyplustwins Well-Known Member

I had an epidural and mine were 23 minutes apart.

18. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

10mins apart, but Maia's (baby B) heart rate dropped and I have just broken my tailbone, she was literally *pulled* out of me!
    I had an epi.

19. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

Mine were 3 minutes apart!!!

Ashley was baby B & was breech, so the whole time, the plan was for the Dr to reach in & grab her out. Well, I pushed for 3 hours & couldn't budge Clare (Baby A), so my Dr used foreceps to get her out & then grabbed Ashley out. You better believe I had an epidural!! HAHA, I got a 3 degree teat from all of that, but I didn't feel a thing while giving birth :) I just wish they made an epidural for the day after...now THAT was painful.

20. dezmitch

dezmitch Well-Known Member

mine were 6 minutes apart

21. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

Mine were 3 minutes apart. I had an epidural, but fat lot of good that did me as it wore out right when I started to push. Lucky me got to feel everything, including the stitches. Yeah, not good timing!

22. San12

San12 Well-Known Member

Mine were born 7 minutes apart, and yes I had the epidural. I was advised that I should in case something went wrong, and it did. As soon as Baby A was out, baby B decided to turn. The doctor had to reach in and pull her out feet first. That would not have been pleasent with out the epidural.

23. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Mine were 5 minutes apart. I was given an epidural but it actually never took. So I felt everything...

24. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

Mine are 1 hr 10 min apart. I had an epidural and thank GOD for it! Baby B was breach and needed to be turned. The OB just went to town turning him (externally). I didn't feel a thing. I had a lot of pain afterwards though (abdominal from pushing on it so much). I wanted an epi so I couldn't feel the abdominal pain, but they wouldn't give me one. :p

25. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I did not have a vaginal birth, but my mom did. We are 4 minutes apart. It would have been longer, but some complication came up and dr had to reach in and get me out ASAP!

26. karingillin

karingillin Active Member

Mine were an hour apart - it was a LOOONG labor and delivery 40+ hours, but I wont bore you with the details. And I did have an epidural.

27. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

Mine were exactly 20 mins apart

28. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

Mine were about 15 mins apart because DD (Baby B) turned breech and escaped to the top of my uterus where she proceeded to kick away the OB´s hands. No guesses to who won that fight :lol: and she was born feet first. It was a bit of a traumatic birth for her and for me as I didn´t know her head was stuck until I saw two blue feet flop over onto my belly. She spent the night in the incubator alone, crying & naked (except for a nappy on) :( I didnt meet her until the next day but was glad I didn´t see her like that.

Yes, I had an epi but wasn´t given it until I was 6cm dilated. I was also given an episotomy. DD was born with a ventouse and DD with forceps.

I was induced and the whole thing lasted 4 hours from start to finish - really fast!

29. djpizzuti

djpizzuti Well-Known Member

We had an emergency induction and birth... the first vaginal birth of twins in our hospital in eight years... 11 minutes apart. I could not have done it if the nurses hadn't said they were willing to help... they "caught" baby b before she finished flipping and guided her down. I did everything I could to avoid a "C", and I did :) .

30. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

Mine were 5 minutes apart. I had an epidural this time because I had to get a cerclage removed.

31. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Mine were 6 minutes apart, and Chloe (Baby B) was butt first breech. Yay for epidurals!

My sister and I are three minutes apart.

32. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

Mine were 1 minute apart. Whenever I say that people just assume a C. I had an epidural to get my cerclage removed and thank God because my peri had to reach up and pull DS out, hence the super fast delivery :)

33. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

Mine were 8 mins apart but baby B was pulled out breech by the doctor. And yes, DEFINITELY had an epidural!

34. erwelch

erwelch Well-Known Member

11 mins apart and having an epidural is a must for me!!!!!

35. tburke75

tburke75 Well-Known Member

I delivered vaginally and mine were 3 minutes apart. The MFM did a breech extraction of Twin B and yes I had an epidural.