If you had to vote today.....

Discussion in 'General' started by momotwinsmom, Sep 15, 2008.

?

As of today, who would you vote for?

1. Obama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. McCain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neither

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Another board I visit once in a blue moon had this question, so I figured I would ask it here too. Just curious how our board leans right now......

2. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Obama is my choice.

3. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

Mccain/Palin all the way. :)

Brandy

4. pamadad

pamadad Well-Known Member

I will vote for the lesser of the two evils. Just wish we had some other choices. ;)

5. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, if you are happy the way the country is going now, you need to vote for McKain. If you want needed change, as I do, you will vote for Obama!

Go Barack!!!!

6. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I would vote for Ron Paul if he was on the ballot.

7. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

I would vote for Ron Paul if he was on the ballot.

He is in Louisiana :) He will be getting my vote.

8. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

McCain/Palin, we do not change since our congress is primarily democratic.

9. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mum2TwinBoys @ Sep 15 2008, 08:36 PM) [snapback]981894[/snapback]

Very true. And I agree.

10. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

Mccain/Palin all the way. :)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

11. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

[SIZE=24pt]OBAMA/BIDEN '08[/SIZE] :cool:

I am scared for this country if we continue on the same self-destructive path we've been on for the past eight years. We cannot tolerate another 4-8 years of this. The economy is in the tanker, the stock market is down, gas prices are high, health care is a mess, the environment is an issue, the national debt -- we need change not the same old McSame. Oh, and not to mention the trillions of dollars spent and thousands of lives lost in the war. :angry:

12. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

I would vote for ME! I think I would make a good president! Seriously tho, I still dont know. Neither has really grabbed me as being honest and trustworthy of my vote. Like PP said, Ill end up voting for the lesser of 2 evils.... ;)

13. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

McMain/Palin all the way---They rock

14. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Sep 16 2008, 11:41 AM) [snapback]982056[/snapback]

I am scared for this country if we continue on the same self-destructive path we've been on for the past eight years. We cannot tolerate another 4-8 years of this. The economy is in the tanker, the stock market is down, gas prices are high, health care is a mess, the environment is an issue, the national debt -- we need change not the same old McSame. Oh, and not to mention the trillions of dollars spent and thousands of lives lost in the war. :angry:

:good: Thats all I have to say about that. :D

15. whosermomma

whosermomma Well-Known Member

Mccain/Palin all the way.

16. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

This scares me . . . being in Massachusetts, I find that we are a bit out of touch with the rest of the country. Where I live it is rare to see a McCain/Palin sign or bumper sticker anywhere (actually, I did see a bumper sticker on a car in my neighborhood this morning, and I was wondering who's car it was).

War needs to end. Energy independence has to come from reduced consumption and increased renewables, NOT more drilling in this country. Abortion rates need to be addressed by MORE sex education and BETTER access to contraceptives, NOT by reversing RvW (Palin's own family is a good example of the failure of "abstinence only" campaigns). Taxes need to be redistributed AND revenue needs to be spent on things other than an endless war, and I could go on and on.

Ugh. I hate talking politics.

Rachel

p.s. In case you hadn't figured out, I voted for Obama in the poll, and will vote for Obama in the election.

17. Daseechain

Daseechain Well-Known Member

I am thinking about writing Jack Bauer in on my ballot.... :lol:

Sara

18. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Daseechain @ Sep 16 2008, 04:41 PM) [snapback]982520[/snapback]
    I am thinking about writing Jack Bauer in on my ballot.... :lol:

Sara

That would be awesome! :lol:

19. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

WOW ~ split down the middle as of right now...interesting!

20. caba

caba Banned

Up until Palin's announcment, I was leaning toward McCain. But now I'm voting Obama.

21. lilymadison

lilymadison Well-Known Member

Obama ALL THE WAY. If McSame wins the election, I will seriously be looking into changing citizenship. My family and I simply cannot afford to stay in this country if things do not change.

22. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mum2TwinBoys @ Sep 16 2008, 03:36 AM) [snapback]981894[/snapback]

Completely agree with this.

23. jlh1994

jlh1994 Member

McCain/Palin

24. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

Split down the middle after I voted. McCain/Palin here. Doesn't matter anyway- Michigan always goes democratic but I'll still vote!

25. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Wow, interesting.....an even tie right now.

26. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Sep 16 2008, 07:41 AM) [snapback]982056[/snapback]

What she said! ^^

27. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Cynthia3200 @ Sep 16 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]982632[/snapback]
    Split down the middle after I voted. McCain/Palin here. Doesn't matter anyway- Michigan always goes democratic but I'll still vote!

Michigan has a chance of going red this year, there's hope! We're being considered an undecided, battleground state right now.

28. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Babies4Susan @ Sep 16 2008, 02:04 PM) [snapback]982649[/snapback]
    Michigan has a chance of going red this year, there's hope! We're being considered an undecided, battleground state right now.

Oh! I hadn't heard that yet!! I just know from history and the US map where they color in states and Michigan is always blue. That's great there is actually hope this year!

29. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm surprised how close it is!

30. 2girls2boys

2girls2boys Well-Known Member

I just ordered my McCain Palin lawn sign today!

I don't trust Obama for some reason, he really scares me. Sounds too much like Osama and his running mate Biden...too much like Bin Laden. :unknw:

31. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

I don't trust Obama for some reason, he really scares me. Sounds too much like Osama and his running mate Biden...too much like Bin Laden.

Are you serious?!?! :eek:

32. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2girls2boys @ Sep 16 2008, 02:41 PM) [snapback]982836[/snapback]
    I don't trust Obama for some reason, he really scares me. Sounds too much like Osama and his running mate Biden...too much like Bin Laden. :unknw:

Fossils scare me way more than phonemes. An approach decades out of date plus "drill, baby, drill" is all about fossils. Phonemes are just a coincidence, like when a 6-month-old says something that sounds like a word.

33. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I am honestly surprised by how close this is.

the choice is crystal clear for me

Obama/Biden

34. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2girls2boys @ Sep 16 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]982836[/snapback]

You're joking, right? :eek:

I'm surprised y'all are surprised it's so close. The polls are neck and neck right now.

35. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I think this vote shows how close it is in the real World. I am so glad Obama doesn't have this one in the bag. Its going to be a good election..and down to the last votes..last minutes. I am gonna have to stay off of here..because no matter who wins..there are going to be some pretty upset people.

The one thing that is funny to me. I have not heard one Replublican (or person voting for Mccain) say If Obama wins..I am leaving this country, I am changing my citizenship. But I have now heard 2 people on here say it..and a couple of democratic or liberal TV stars say it. Why is it? Can't we all just agree to wish the person who wins well..pray for them..or keep them in our thoughts? Its a hard job no matter who is in office..and I know for a fact I would never want to do it..or wish it on my worse enemy. I do not trust Obama's words..I think he is a good speaker..but not a great leader yet. However if he wins..I will pray for him..think of his..and support him. Even "if" he gets rid of my husbands job and we are homeless..lol (joke). I am just wondering..can you (general you) not support the other side if they win...or would you look into leaving the USA?

Brandy