I'm an over-achiever! :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by slavila, Feb 22, 2011.

1. slavila

slavila Well-Known Member

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I am an over-achiever!!lol Still pregnant!! 38 weeks 2 days and counting!!!

No signs of labor to speak of! We went to triage on Sunday because I was hardly feeling them move, especially Baby A, so they put me on the monitors and did a quick u/s. The babies looked just great!

The on-call doc wanted me to follow up with a perinatologist the next day (the first time I had seen one my whole pregnancy) and have a NST and another u/s to take better measurements. So, we did that yesterday. The babies look wonderful and are doing greaat; the placenta looks good too. The peri is just fine with my doc's plan to let me go to 40 weeks. The babies are both head down and measuring 6lbs. 9oz. and 6lbs. 15oz.

Physically, I'm actually feeling pretty good, just very tired with nausea to go with it. The aches and pains don't seem as bad anymore (maybe I'm just used to them by now). Emotionally though, I feel a bit frustrated and depressed at times; I just want to have these babies!! I'm so ready to meet them; I feel like we have been waiting for soooooo long!!

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow!! YOu are an over-achiever!! :laughing: 38 weeks and physically feeling 'good'!! That's awesome!
    It wont be much longer and you will have your two sweet precious babies in your arms!! :youcandoit:

3. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

That's awesome!!!

It is so close now. It will all be worth the wait. I a glad your docs are taking such good care of you too.

4. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

Congrats on making it this long. It won't be long now until you have those sweet babies in your arms :)

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

The feeling good and sometimes nauseas makes me think that you may be meeting your babies possibly this week. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I was done with my pregnancy at 35 weeks, and I think I cried every night until they were born at 37 weeks because I was just so DONE. Good for you for making it this far. Glad the babies and your placenta are looking good too. Can't wait to read your birth story!

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is awesome! :clapping: It won't be long now!

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hate the waiting, too. But you are quite the overachiever. Gold star! :)

8. aramis

aramis Active Member

Congrats. I am 36 weeks and barely hanging in there :)

9. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness I am impressed - I would not have described myself as feeling "physically, feeling pretty good" at 38+3!! Way to go!

10. SuzyHolland

SuzyHolland Well-Known Member

great!!! i made it to 39+1 weeks