Im freaking out!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Birchbeer6, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Birchbeer6

Birchbeer6 Well-Known Member

while in the store today, my dd and ds were running down the isle to get me (they were with DH) DD started choking and gasping for air, and had a hard time cathing her breath (like she was winded) she was fine once she settled down....\

2. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Asthma possibly? I wouldn't freak out about it...as long as she is doing fine now and was able to catch her breath. BUT...I would certainly talk to my Ped. about it. :hug: Anytime somthing like that happens to our babies, it is definately hard on us momma's! :hug:

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Like Laura said, I wouldn't worry too much about it but would mention it to the doctor, especially if you see it happen again. :hug:

4. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

is it possible she choked on her spit? mine have done that before...

sounds like something to mention at their next visit unless it starts becoming more frequent...

5. Birchbeer6

I know Im probably overreacting, but I called the Ped office today and she is being seen later on today......Breathing issues such as Asthma, etc run highly in my family!! It could of been of fluke thing, but I rather be safe than sorry

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Good luck today! :hug:

7. Birchbeer6

didnt see the dr. just his assistant.....of all the questions I answered about DD, he said she has Exercise Induced Asthma...

8. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear, but thank goodness now you have some idea of what it was. How scary it must have been for you at the time!