I'm having a crappy day

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mrsfussypants, Jan 24, 2008.

1. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

It all started at 5:30 am. Can anything good happen at that hour--I say not. The babies wake up crying. Why are they awake? Who knows....I try to let them CIO...but after 45 minutes of laying there listening to them take turns who is the designated-cryer of the moment, I give in and nurse them both. Eloise decides to bite my boob for the millionth time. I try putting them back down, which results in more crying--followed by the administering of tylenol for what I am assuming are the teething-fussies. They do not go back to sleep, and by this point all the crying has woken up Bennett who is now demanding chocolate milk and the Backyardigans. While the fussing stops and I have two minutes to shove some yogurt down my throat while reading emails, I learn that my mother has broken her leg--her femur as well as her knee replacement are fractured and she may have to fly back to the states for surgery (my parents live in India currently). Not much time to dwell on that as I can smell the morning poop has arrived in both diapers. Soon breakfast is ready--and into the high chairs they go. Bennett is a sport and decides on cereal. I clean up breakfast, get babies dressed and set up with some toys on the floor. Bennett decides he is the hall-monitor of our house and relishes each chance he gets to tell the babies, "you're not supposed to put that in your mouth! Stop it! Watch out! Momma--Lincoln is eating dog-food!" Sure enough, Lincoln is in fact eating dog-food (how did he crawl over there so fast??) . Lincoln is now dog-food-free and securely placed into the jumper. I turn around the corner to change my shirt--who knows what I just got all over it....and as soon as I'm out of sight Eloise starts howling again. Fine. I take her with me to change said shirt. Things settle down for a minute, and I realize it's only 8 am. Kill me. Isn't it naptime yet? Eloise and Lincoln fight over anything and everything that they can see. Bennett loves to referee their fights, and I am wishing for earplugs. I fold laundry, start another load--decide I don't have the will or strength to unload my dishwasher and sit down on the couch. Finally, it appears to be naptime. Down the babies go. I really want to watch last night's episode of Project Runway on my tivo, so I cue it up. Bennett decides he wants to play with playdough. Ok, I get plastic mats out, get the playdough out, set up all the cut-outs and think for sure I've got a little time to just veg. No such luck. Bennett brings over the playdough container that has crusty old bits of playdough all over it from the kitchen, proceeds to spill it all over my family room, and so now my carpet looks like playdough confetti. So I vacuum. While I'm at it I figure I'll vaccuum Bennett's room too. How can I possibly vacuum when all these toys are all over the floor?! So I re-organize his toy bins and get his room picked up and vacuumed. Then he informs me he has to poop. "Ok, go poop" I say. He doesn't *want* to go poop, and proceeds to cry. I tell him to be quiet--the babies are sleeping! But too late....Eloise is awake and crying. again. Soon Lincoln is awake too. The next 2 hours crawl by as I fix lunch, clean stuff, and watch the clock wishing it were naptime again. Finally it has arrived. I put Bennett down first. He goes willingly and is out like a light. Lincoln is next. He is sound asleep by the time I get Eloise in bed. She of course wants nothing to do with sleeping, so proceeds to cry, waking Lincoln up in the process. The next 10 minutes both are crying until they realize how sleepy they are. Now it is silent. I'm drinking a diet coke, typing this post and trying not to make a single sound for fear of waking someone up! I've got to get myself put together and then haul all my children to the Dr's office for Lincoln's appointment in an hour. Wouldn't you know it....I can hear Lincoln awake in his crib now. I guess I'll chug this diet coke and resume my duties. Is it bedtime YET?? Make this day end....

Reyna

2. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

Could it be no body wants to sleep today but us moms? Is it time for a full moon or something? My babes woke this morning at 4 to nurse, again at 8 and will not take their naps today. Their schedule is way off. They usually don't wake until 6 to nurse and go right back to sleep until 9. Must be something in the air!

3. lesliekyla

lesliekyla Well-Known Member

Poor you! I hope the rest of the day flies by and tomorrow is a breeze. And I hope your mom is okay, poor thing!

Wishing you a good night's sleep...

4. klselsky

klselsky Well-Known Member

I think it must be against the rules of the fates to allow a mom to have 3 sleeping children at the same nap time. I swear, I am almost afraid to try to put my (now sick) four year old down for a nap, b/c I know for some unknown reason, it will mean one of the babies will wake up. We are in the middle of two teething, and one cold. Who knows, maybe my big girl gave my babies a cold, but I think it is teeth. Anyway, up 3 times with them last night, crappy naps today. I'm with you sister.

ks

5. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Love it love it love it!!! Sorry to relish in your misery but, of course only those of us on this board can truly realize the importance of JUST ONE SINGLE MOMENT to sit and do nothing. That being said, only those of us with twins can understand that an entire day can actually go by without it!!!

Just to add my two cents....I just got off of the phone with a friend of mine who has a 2 mos. old singleton. She was calling to thank me for the sling that I gave to her. We talked for about 10 minutes until I could not ignore the background whining in my house any longer and she said

"that's okay, my pedicure is just about finsihed anyway and I am going to have to wake up Maddox (her new baby girl) who has been asleep on me in the sling the entire pedicure"

right...

Amy

6. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

It's the full moon. :ph34r: It's making my kids act crazy too. I swear I may just have to tape my 3 yo to the wall.

7. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

Anybody ever think to auction their twins on e-bay??? They still will not nap!

8. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I agree with Jenny, it HAS TO BE the full moon!! Here's to a better night. :hug99:

9. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ahmerl @ Jan 24 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]588049[/snapback]
    Love it love it love it!!! Sorry to relish in your misery but, of course only those of us on this board can truly realize the importance of JUST ONE SINGLE MOMENT to sit and do nothing. That being said, only those of us with twins can understand that an entire day can actually go by without it!!!

Just to add my two cents....I just got off of the phone with a friend of mine who has a 2 mos. old singleton. She was calling to thank me for the sling that I gave to her. We talked for about 10 minutes until I could not ignore the background whining in my house any longer and she said

"that's okay, my pedicure is just about finsihed anyway and I am going to have to wake up Maddox (her new baby girl) who has been asleep on me in the sling the entire pedicure"

right...

Amy

oh man, that just makes my day.....NOT :aggressive:

10. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mrsfussypants @ Jan 24 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]587825[/snapback]
    It all started at 5:30 am. Can anything good happen at that hour--I say not. The babies wake up crying. Why are they awake? Who knows....I try to let them CIO...but after 45 minutes of laying there listening to them take turns who is the designated-cryer of the moment, I give in and nurse them both. Eloise decides to bite my boob for the millionth time. I try putting them back down, which results in more crying--followed by the administering of tylenol for what I am assuming are the teething-fussies. They do not go back to sleep, and by this point all the crying has woken up Bennett who is now demanding chocolate milk and the Backyardigans. While the fussing stops and I have two minutes to shove some yogurt down my throat while reading emails, I learn that my mother has broken her leg--her femur as well as her knee replacement are fractured and she may have to fly back to the states for surgery (my parents live in India currently). Not much time to dwell on that as I can smell the morning poop has arrived in both diapers. Soon breakfast is ready--and into the high chairs they go. Bennett is a sport and decides on cereal. I clean up breakfast, get babies dressed and set up with some toys on the floor. Bennett decides he is the hall-monitor of our house and relishes each chance he gets to tell the babies, "you're not supposed to put that in your mouth! Stop it! Watch out! Momma--Lincoln is eating dog-food!" Sure enough, Lincoln is in fact eating dog-food (how did he crawl over there so fast??) . Lincoln is now dog-food-free and securely placed into the jumper. I turn around the corner to change my shirt--who knows what I just got all over it....and as soon as I'm out of sight Eloise starts howling again. Fine. I take her with me to change said shirt. Things settle down for a minute, and I realize it's only 8 am. Kill me. Isn't it naptime yet? Eloise and Lincoln fight over anything and everything that they can see. Bennett loves to referee their fights, and I am wishing for earplugs. I fold laundry, start another load--decide I don't have the will or strength to unload my dishwasher and sit down on the couch. Finally, it appears to be naptime. Down the babies go. I really want to watch last night's episode of Project Runway on my tivo, so I cue it up. Bennett decides he wants to play with playdough. Ok, I get plastic mats out, get the playdough out, set up all the cut-outs and think for sure I've got a little time to just veg. No such luck. Bennett brings over the playdough container that has crusty old bits of playdough all over it from the kitchen, proceeds to spill it all over my family room, and so now my carpet looks like playdough confetti. So I vacuum. While I'm at it I figure I'll vaccuum Bennett's room too. How can I possibly vacuum when all these toys are all over the floor?! So I re-organize his toy bins and get his room picked up and vacuumed. Then he informs me he has to poop. "Ok, go poop" I say. He doesn't *want* to go poop, and proceeds to cry. I tell him to be quiet--the babies are sleeping! But too late....Eloise is awake and crying. again. Soon Lincoln is awake too. The next 2 hours crawl by as I fix lunch, clean stuff, and watch the clock wishing it were naptime again. Finally it has arrived. I put Bennett down first. He goes willingly and is out like a light. Lincoln is next. He is sound asleep by the time I get Eloise in bed. She of course wants nothing to do with sleeping, so proceeds to cry, waking Lincoln up in the process. The next 10 minutes both are crying until they realize how sleepy they are. Now it is silent. I'm drinking a diet coke, typing this post and trying not to make a single sound for fear of waking someone up! I've got to get myself put together and then haul all my children to the Dr's office for Lincoln's appointment in an hour. Wouldn't you know it....I can hear Lincoln awake in his crib now. I guess I'll chug this diet coke and resume my duties. Is it bedtime YET?? Make this day end....
    Reyna

I have had so many of those days, usually I consider it a good once we have made it to 3pm, until then I am looking forward to naptime/dh returning/3pm!!!

But didn't you post recently about how wonderful they all were :rofl: :winking0009:

11. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Then he informs me he has to poop. "Ok, go poop" I say. He doesn't *want* to go poop, and proceeds to cry.

:rotflmbo:

Oh, what a day! Sometimes you just know from the get-go that it's going to be a killer... Is it Friday yet? :wacko:

Anybody ever think to auction their twins on e-bay??? They still will not nap!

Great idea! There ought to be a huge market - all those people who stop you when you're out with them to say "Oh, TWINS, they're so CUUUUUUUTE!" (slobber slobber slobber) And you can always put a positive spin on the non-napping thing - "Alert, inquisitive babies"... :lol:

12. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you had a bad day, it must be the full moon because Olivia has decided to boycott naps as well, she just rolls around in her crib and alternates between grunting and crying, I was never so happy that I had to go to work for 4 hours this afternoon!

13. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

QUOTE(excitedk @ Jan 24 2008, 11:53 PM) [snapback]588143[/snapback]
    I have had so many of those days, usually I consider it a good once we have made it to 3pm, until then I am looking forward to naptime/dh returning/3pm!!!

But didn't you post recently about how wonderful they all were :rofl: :winking0009:

I *knew* when I posted about that blissful day when everything was so wonderful that there would be days like this when I would have to just remember fondly on those moments. It's all that has kept me sane today! It's now 7:30, the babies are asleep, Bennett is just about to go to bed, and I am FINALLY going to sit on my couch and stare at the tv in a haze! Yippeee! We all made it through today alive and in one piece!

Reyna

14. snickerdoodle

snickerdoodle Member

Oh my gosh, we had a crummy day too. I hope that all settles down for everyone tomorrow!

15. khendrix

khendrix Well-Known Member

Sorry you had a bad day. You describe it with such humor, though. I'm glad you can laugh about it. Your Bennett sounds a lot like my Matthew (who also needs an audience and announcement to poop and LOVES to give updates and reports on what the babies are putting in their mouths). What would we do without them?

16. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

Our twins are about 4 days apart i think... I have had days like this lately too... I have the WORSE back ache (had surgery 6 years ago) from bending over to pick on of the two up at least a million times a day... ROFL.. The child play area is looking nicer and nicer... ROFL!

I hope today (FRIDAY!!!) is a better day for you...

17. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Oh, man. Must have been something in the water yesterday -- I had one heck of a day, too.

I laughed out loud about Lincoln eating dog food, though. Gotta love these babies. :lol:

Here's hoping today is better!

18. knorts

knorts Well-Known Member

I loved your post...as I feel like that so many days but don't think anyone else understands (expect all you fab ladies). Would LOVE to see what a mans version would look like LOL!