I'm just curious

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momof5, Oct 25, 2011.

1. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

Hi, did any of you take Unisom during any of your pregnancies? I am just curious.....

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Benedryl is what I took. Made my allergies go away AND helps you sleep

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I know lots of people who took unisom and a vitamin B (6, I think) together for morning sickness. Personally I really hate how sleeping pills make me feel, so I just suffered through. But my doctor did say it was ok.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did tylenol pm or simply sleep (which is tylenol pm without the tylenol), both at the suggestion of my ob when I just couldn't get enough sleep. It helped tremendously! I did need to get about 10 hrs of sleep to sleep it all off, and then was a little groggy the next day, so I used it sparingly. I still use it when I really need a great night of sleep!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did the same while I was pregnant, my OB also suggested Tylenol PM or Simply Sleep.

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have such a bad hangover when I take an over the counter sleep aid. So my OB prescribed ambien.

7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I have chronic insomnia (as in every. single. night.) and I was advised that even over the counter meds (Unisom, Tylenol PM, Sudafed, etc.) shouldn't be taken every night, so I just suffer through it. My doctor did start out recommending it for occasional use, though. I have tried Unisom in the past, before I was pregnant, and it always gave me a mild headache the next day.

8. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

I took Unisom + B6 for morning sickness, and it helped enormously. No bad side effects either.

9. jamey

jamey Well-Known Member

I had to take terbutaline every 3 hours for premature labor, and it kept me pretty hyped up . My dr gave me Ambien to take on the nights I wasn't able to sleep.

10. betha

betha Well-Known Member

I was on bedrest during the last trimester. My OB prescribed ambien so I could sleep. It helped a lot.

11. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

My sister took this combination as well up until 18 weeks pregnant.