Im pregnant....

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by team_double.trouble, May 19, 2007.

1. team_double.trouble

team_double.trouble Well-Known Member

I dont even know how to start this....

basically, i had a baby 8 weeks ago....and im pregnant.

Im due for my period today, it didnt come so i started getting worried, i was getting cramps so i knew they are due soon.

I have some old tests here from ebay so I decide to use one and ofcourse its negative and I think yeah ofcourse its negative all those symptoms are just from period being due soon.

So as I am looking at it I see this faint water mark where the positive line should be.....i thought. this cant be.

i go back in 5 minutes and check it and now its fully positive.

I cant do this! i have a newborn baby and twin girls, we would have to move house and get a new car with another baby! what am i going to do with FOUR KIDS.....

how will i telll DH :(

2. TwoLittleGuys

TwoLittleGuys Well-Known Member

Try again in a couple of days. I think most tests only want you to read the results after two-minutes (not five-minutes).
    Try not to stress about it - everything happens for a reason and clearly you were meant to be a Mommy again if it is positive ;)

3. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh . . . I do hope that the previous poster is correct. Retest, or go into the Dr. office for a test there . . .

Nothing useful to offer except best wishes.

Keep us posted!

-Rachel

4. team_double.trouble

thats, i hate to say this but i do hope shes right too.

5. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

Like a pp said, the pregnancy test I have in my drawer says to discard it after four minutes as the result is invalid at that point. Get a new test to put your mind at ease!

6. team_double.trouble

i definantly will.

7. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

i hope you know this is most definetly possible..

i had all three of mine in side of 11.5 months..

if you are this is doable..

keep your chin up:)

8. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

ps
    if you had a c section with your last baby..

ok.. well it happend to me.. the dr left the placenta inside and i had to have a dnc..

just be sure you dont have that spacific problem..

9. team_double.trouble

no tan was natural. and i know its quite possible. :(

10. CapeBretoner_123

CapeBretoner_123 Well-Known Member

YOur body could still have some hormonal issues after only 8 weeks. It takes sometimes more time then that for regular periods. Prob not pregnant just body adjusting itself. Try not to worry for at least another month or so.

11. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

I did the same thing last year,
    I had an 8 week old and a 4 year old,
    We had just bought our perfect small house and were waiting on the vasectomy!

I found out I was pregnant when Owen was 8 weeks and found out they were twins at 20 weeks.

You can do this, It's going to be really hard. but it can work.
    I didn't tell DH for about 2 weeks until I felt I could cope with it.

PM me if you need to talk,
    Take care of yourself

12. team_double.trouble

thankyou so much! i will def pm you if i need to vent hehe.

13. Jersey_Girls

Jersey_Girls Well-Known Member

One time I took a pg test that was negative and then turned positive about 5 minutes later. Turns out I was NOT pregnant. So, as others have said, test again in a few days... and please keep us posted! :)

14. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

All I can offer is :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: ...you can do it...I hope things work out for you, I really do!!!

15. betseeee

betseeee Well-Known Member

Oh my! I would be either at the drugstore or the lab right now. Actually, I'd skip the drugstore, call my OB, and ask for a STAT beta HCG. That will give you an answer you can believe in. Good luck to you. Either way, you can handle it!

16. Rachel0980

Rachel0980 Well-Known Member

Back when I was trying to conceive I had two pregnancy tests come back positive that were actually negative. Keep your chin up, theres a reason for everything. God wouldn't entrust you with another baby if he didn't think you could handle it!

17. team_double.trouble

thankyou everyone :) i tried another test today and again it ended up being positive.
    I think i have calmed down now and im ready to tell DH but i will definatly be going to OB first to comfirm it before i tell him.
    im a little excited to know if we will finally have a little boy in our family.

18. pyjamamum

pyjamamum Well-Known Member

Hi matey, I live in Brisbane too; my girls are nearly three and I only work part time. If you want to meet up or need a bit more "hands on" support, please PM me and we can work something out. I live on the south side but am close to the freeway if you're a northsider. :good:

Cheers

Tania

19. team_double.trouble

oh that sounds great!! thankyou.

20. raptwins

raptwins Well-Known Member

You'll be OK :):):) I was terrified when we found out we were pregnant and the twins were just over 1 - and we hadn't planned on having more. We had such a rough go around with the first pregnancy when the twins came at 25 wks that it was just too scary to try again. Well, after 23 wks of bedrest and having help to take care of the boys, we now have our third boy (at 37 wks) Jon and he's such a miracle. YOU CAN DO IT! I'm sorry you have to now think of the house and car and everything. I know we had the same situation with just adding a third so I do understand the fear and challenge ahead. You're a good mommy to be so worried about everything and care so much :) Ummm... I should probably go since Jake just opened the slider and climbed into our little kiddie pool on the deck... in his pj's... sigh :rolleyes:

Take care of yourself and keep us posted!!!
    Jen

21. team_double.trouble

ok kids hey? haha.
    thanks for the pep talk, you have all given me the confidence to tell DH, which i did last night.
    he was unexpectedly over the moon! so we are all ready for the little one.

22. JoyX2

JoyX2 Well-Known Member

I'm not in the medical profession or anything, but this is just an optimistic suggestion. Maybe your hormones are still at a level where it would still show a positive reading on a PT? Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck, and have faith that everything will be fine.

Jamie

23. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Just curious,

If you haven't had your AF since having a baby a few weeks ago adn not seen a doc yet, how do you know how far along you are?

I bled for 6 weeks after having all my kids.

24. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

I am glad you and your DH are at peace with this surprise. I think I would request a blood test to confirm since, as others have pointed out, your hormones are still a mess.

25. team_double.trouble

Im really not sure how far along i am yet, its just an estimate until I do go to the ped. yes i have only recently stopped bleeding from my pregnancy but all my pregnancy signs are back.
    i have been getting heartburn which i only get when im preggers, im turned off alcohol and the morning sickness is kicking in.

26. latb611

latb611 Well-Known Member

Ok so did you go to the doc yet? What did they say?

27. twingirls52905

twingirls52905 Well-Known Member

I'm anxious to know also! :)

28. team_double.trouble

:)

blood test came back on thursday.

we are definatly getting a new family member and my guess on how far along i was, was about right.

29. TTTSMiracleMom

TTTSMiracleMom Well-Known Member

You'll be fine! I was shocked then I got a positive pregnancy test result when my son was 11 weeks old. It turns out I had gotten pregnant when he was almost 7 weeks old. I knew right away that it was twins but it wasn't confirmed for another 5 weeks so that didn't come as a shock to me. The biggest shock was when I delivered my twins -- exactly 36 weeks from the day I delivered their older brother, which makes them exactly 8 months 22 days apart. It's crazy, but it's fun. And it is definitely a blessing. :) Congratulations!!

30. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

QUOTE(3girls_4mummy @ May 23 2007, 05:03 AM) [snapback]265495[/snapback]
    ok kids hey? haha.
    thanks for the pep talk, you have all given me the confidence to tell DH, which i did last night.
    he was unexpectedly over the moon! so we are all ready for the little one.

I've very excited for you, even though this was a little surprise. It looks like we're due on the same day! I'm 5w6d today so that makes a due date of 1/28/08!

31. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Wow and congratulations! :Clap: Everything will be alright. :hug99: While you will need a new car probably, how big is your house The kids can easily be in 2 rooms, even if the next baby is a boy. You're so blessed to get 4 kids!

32. mbcrox

mbcrox Well-Known Member

QUOTE(****mws**** @ May 20 2007, 05:03 AM) [snapback]261944[/snapback]
    i hope you know this is most definetly possible..

i had all three of mine in side of 11.5 months..

if you are this is doable..

keep your chin up:)

LOL - I can relate to this. Mine are in side of 10 months! You can do this! (But like the others said, test again to make sure)