I'm sick of colds! (vent)

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Snittens, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

The last cold hung around, turned into a sinus infection and for Bea a cough. They are still on the amoxicillin from that, and have come down with another cold! [​IMG] Both now have snotty noses and have red cheeks, like I've seen in pictures of Fifth Disease, but no fever. Ainsley has not napped for two days. Bleh, I'm sick of winter and colds!! I'm debating whether or not to take them back to the doctor.

2. Snittens

The last cold hung around, turned into a sinus infection and for Bea a cough. They are still on the amoxicillin from that, and have come down with another cold! [​IMG] Both now have snotty noses and have red cheeks, like I've seen in pictures of Fifth Disease, but no fever. Ainsley has not napped for two days. Bleh, I'm sick of winter and colds!! I'm debating whether or not to take them back to the doctor.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

That was our winter last year. One cold after another. This one has been much better! Maybe that will give you some hope for next year! I hope they feel better soon [​IMG]

4. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

OMGosh, I am right there with you on this one. Not to hijack your post but mine are on their second round of colds which turned to croup which turned to double ear infections for them BOTH! I took them to the pedi today for steriods and antibiotics. We left the pharmacy with a $120 receipt for scripts today. I could just scream. Luckily, throught illness and the croup coughing, they are sleeping GREAT for naps (3.5 hours each the past 2-3 days) and 12-14 hours at night. I'm getting a ton done...but their waking hours have been crazy with whining, etc.

I hope your kiddoes start feeling better soon...hang in there, seems we are all in this together this time of year [​IMG]

5. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

We are SO right there with you!!! Just got over junk 10 days ago- and before that had the gastro flu and before that Kaysie was in the hospital- and then today, Syd is fevered- cranky, UGH!!!!!!!! And Kaysie doesn't understand why 100% of the attention can't be on her.

6. Snittens

I know! Between the copays for the doctor and the prescriptions, we're gonna be broke. I'm so glad WalMart does the $4 copay for most generics, at least that's something.

7. Trouble(aka Roxanne)

Trouble(aka Roxanne) Well-Known Member

Do you give them a vitamin? If not, try giving them a 1/2 of a flintsones vitamin and see if the will help..I found the 1st yr of my twins life they were sick all the time and then I put them on a 1/2 a vitamin and they seemed to do better, then when they turned 2 yrs I gave them a whole vitamin...Good Luck..Hope everyone feels better soon...