I'm thankful for...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MichelleL, Aug 25, 2009.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

The angry/yelling mom thread made me realize that it's time once again to refocus and regroup to get out of that mode. So this morning I started thinking about many of the things that I am so thankful for.

They are GREAT sleepers.
    They adapt well when traveling.
    I can bring them out to eat, to playgrounds, playdates, on excursions and most of the time they do pretty well (we do have our toddler moments at times for sure).
    They are VERY affectionate.
    More often than not, they play together well.

I could go on and on. I'm not by any means trying to say I have perfect children because believe me, I do want to pull my hair out on a daily basis. I guess the point of this thread is to start thinking more positively to be a calmer and happier mom.

Next........?

4 people like this.
  2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great thread, Michelle!!

I am thankful for:

They really don't mind travelling in the car for long distances. We just spent several days in the car and they really didn't complain.
    They play so well together.
    They are best friends.
    They are very loving.
    They are usually well behaved.
    They take care of each other and their little brother.

Sure we have our :gah: moments, but doesn't everyone?

1 person likes this.
  3. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Good idea!

I'm also thankful that they're great sleepers, and decent eaters for 2-year-olds.

I'm thankful that we were able to remove some of the baby gates, and the house is only partially destroyed. ;)

I'm thankful that we discovered the portable DVD player with a Baby Einstein allows us to go to a restaurant and eat a meal, and even have a conversation.

I'm thankful that they're so darned funny and cute -- it really saves them some days, LOL.

2 people like this.
  4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: Great thread, Michelle!

1. They are funny! Very funny and make me laugh.

2. They sleep great (as long as it's not raining ;) )

3. They love getting out of the house and going places. :good: They do great on vacation, at restaurants, anywhere we go!!

4. They play very well independantly and great with each other. :wub:

5. They do listen to me, even if they move at turtle speed sometimes. :laughing:

6. They are cute! :wub:

5. caba

caba Banned

Man, right now all I got is "They are cute."

Alright, and they are good sleepers!

Although I'll be honest, talking to my sister, who is in the throws of newborn twins that aren't sleeping, are crying a lot, etc, I'm thankful that my kids are 2.5. The ability to communicate, to play, to not need constant attention, etc, well, I guess I forgot how tough the first few months are.

When I see my kids hug, or just sit down and play and have a conversation together, it really makes me heart swell. I would still say they fight more than they like each other, and sharing isn't exactly commonplace yet, but they call each other their best friend, and sometimes when they are playing independently, for no reason at all, they will say that they love each other.

And that is just too much for me. I've been moved to tears from that. :blush:

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good Thread. :good:

I am thankful for:

They are good sleepers.

They are healthy and happy.

They want to try and do things for themselves (although I don't always like this :lol:).

They listen pretty well (most of the time).

They love going to stores and getting out of the house.

7. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Good idea! I definately need to start thinking more positively.

I am thankful that mine are.....

1. Healthy
    2. Loving
    3. Great Sleepers
    4. Are soooo cute!
    5. Keep me laughing
    6. Keep me on my toes & on the go :)
    7. Gives sweet kisses

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Love this thread!!!

I'm thankful my girlies are...

1. Happy
    2. Outgoing
    3. Loving
    4. Playful
    5. Funny

I wish I could say they were good sleepers, but we are working on it, but all the rest makes up for the sleep deprivation I'm experiencing... especially when they come over out of nowhere and say "I love you mommy!"

9. Sylvarin

Sylvarin Well-Known Member

I'm grateful that my children are (in no particular order):

1. Healthy and healthy eaters
    2. Good listeners
    3. Good at sharing and playing together (most of the time)
    4. Cheerful very often
    5. Quick learners
    6. Affectionate
    7. Becoming more independent each day
    8. Great sleepers

10. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Great post!

I'm thankful that:

I have three healthy, happy children.

The boys are very sweet and loving (J told me this morning as I was dropping them off at day...Mama pretty...that melted me right then and there).

The boys are generally sweet to baby sister and are very protective of her.

All three of my kiddos are great sleepers!

The boys are fairly well mannered.

All the kiddos love to play outside so I can clean the house occasionally.

My kids make me smile and laugh every day (there may be some timeouts and restrained yelling, but there is always laughter).

I have a great husband that helps me with the kiddos.

The boys' language is really taking off and we can even carry somewhat of a conversation.

Baby girl lights up when Mama is around (she has her own way of melting my heart).

The boys are about 80% pee/potty trained...I'll take that.

11. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

I am thankful...

They are healthy

They are happy

They make DH & I laugh every day

Lauren is so compassionate

Mattie is so determined

They never ceast to amaze me. I wish I could say they were good sleepers, but they have to have 1 fault, right??

12. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing!! :wub: This is awesome!! :wub:

13. LeslieJC

LeslieJC Well-Known Member

Wow, great topic!

1. I am thankful for the nights they have a hard time sleeping, it gives me the opportunity to sit quietely with one, hold her, rock her and appreciate her.

2. I am thankful for having two toddlers at my heals constatnly with mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy; it makes me realize they need me.

3. I am thankful for all of the "NO DON'T's it reminds me that they are learning.

4. I am thankful for the sibling rivery, it reminds me that they will go through this life together and not alone.

5. I am thankful that we can't have everything we want and can't "spoil" them with materialistic things, it reminds me that there are people out there that have a lot less than we do.

6. I am thankful to work outside of the house, it allows my children to realize they can depend on other people other than just mommy and daddy.

7. I am thankful that g-d gave me twins, it has changed my priorities and reminds me everyday what is really important and what is not.

8. I am thankful that my husband is "in this" with me 100%, I could not and would not want to do this by myself.

9. I am thankful for the women on the TS website for whom made many scary days of pregnancy easier and who now help me everyday to know that I CAN DO THIS.

10. I am thankful to Delilah and Aviva for choosing me to be their mommy.

14. ohtwinmom

ohtwinmom Well-Known Member

WOW! I needed this thread!

I am thankful for:
    1. The conversations I overhear them have with each other. Hilarious!
    2. The age of "pretend" play. So cute!
    3. How nice they are to other kids.
    4. For my husband. Couldn't do this w/o his support.
    5. Increasing independence, every month gets a little easier.

15. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Thought of a few more ;)

* they tell me they love me, their dad and each other ALOT. :wub:

* they tell me I'm the bestest mom in the whole world and give me lots of hugs and kisses

* they have grown to know that I give lots of hugs and kisses and they accept me how I am and let me do it as much as I want. :wub:

16. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I'm thankful (in no particular order)...
    1. that my boys are good sleepers and bedtime is not a struggle.
    2. that they eat really well for 2-year-olds.
    3. that every day carries a new developmental surprise, big or small!
    4. that for the first time in their lives, they enjoy other caretakers (even though they still need me!).
    5. that they are healthy, mostly-happy (they ARE 2, after all!), children.
    6. that they are each their own person, each with a set of intense qualities that I deeply admire.
    7. For kisses and cuddles that make me feel like the most special person on the planet!
    8. that they can communicate really well, and I can catch a better glimpse into their minds and hearts each day.

... and so much more!

17. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I'm thankful that:

1 - They are mostly non-destructive (DH actually took a short nap while home alone with them the other day, and the worst thing they did was eat some cherry tomatoes out of the fridge!)
    2 - They are great sleepers once they finally go to sleep :ibiggrin:
    3 - They are so creative and smart, it's fun just to watch them learn
    4 - They are hilarious
    5 - They can continue to grow and thrive even though they sometimes eat nothing
    6 - They don't poop in their underwear (is there some way to ward off a jinx?)
    7 - They love their school and their teachers and I feel happy knowing they're there while I'm at work
    8 - They've never been hurt worse (yet) than a big bump on the head or a big scrape on the knee (warding off jinx again)

18. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I'm thankful that:

1. My girls are potty trained...no more pull-ups..woohoo!
    2. They are good sleepers and stay in their beds.
    3. They say, "Mommy you're here!" when I come home from work.
    4. That there's two of them...I always wanted a little girl and God gave me two..how awesome is that!
    5. They have to have mommy kisses before they go to sleep (Daddy's just aren't good enough :ibiggrin: ).
    6. They just seem to love being with me no matter where we go...makes me feel good.