increased fussiness

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Mar 27, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

we give our LO's 4 bottles a day (8, 12, 2 and 4) with meals in between. they get 8 oz. at each feeding.
    they nap at around 10ish and 2ish (generally a bit before) and have been increasingly fussy lately. i know it could be teeth but we are able to combat it with orajel, teething tablets or motrin.
    i think they're hungry - its the whine they get when they are getting ready to eat.

what do i do? i already give them 8 oz every 4 hours.

2. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

32 oz a day is more than enough so I would just increase their solids. At 10 mos you can feed them most anything aside from the big no-nos like PB, shellfish, honey, etc. You could do very soft meats, cut up fruits and veggies, crackers, breads, pasta, etc. I found that the baby food didn't really fill them up like real food did. And I fed them until they showed signs of being full.

3. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i feed them solids from a jar and finger foods like you suggested.
    only problem is they dont eat a lot. this morning they split a waffle (earths best waffle) and a 1/2 jar of babyfood.

4. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

If they don't eat much, I'd venture to say that hunger isn't the issue. It very well could be teething. Maybe they are tired (possibly a growth spurt?) or getting ready to acheive a milestone. I really do wish babies came with instruction manuals!