Induction update...ah the irony

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AWerner, Feb 21, 2007.

1. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

So I was supposed to get induced at 7:30am this morning..
    At 5:45am I received a call from the L&D charge nurse telling me they needed to push my induction back b/c they were full; she would call again after 9am to let me know if there was room. 9am rolls around and the nurse finally calls to say they think there will be room this afternoon. I am laughing as she is apologizing to me about the delay b/c I know that they have been full all week and my Dr. (who never usually does inductions to begin with) had 2 get cancelled on monday. I also live like 2 blocks from the hospital so arriving at a specific time really is of no issue for me. So now I am free to enjoy a long shower before sweaty labor especially since I might not shower who knows how many days later. I think the nurse was worried I was going to be mad, but instead I just think it is so FUNNY! Here I spent the past 6 weeks on bedrest, worried about PTL and the babies being born too early, rushing off to L&D when I thought my water broke but all I did was wet my pants, all the little things and now here I am at 38 weeks and the boogers just keep on cooking and now I can't even get induced!!! [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see how my labor turns out after all this!
    [​IMG]

Alyson

2. AWerner

So I was supposed to get induced at 7:30am this morning..
    At 5:45am I received a call from the L&D charge nurse telling me they needed to push my induction back b/c they were full; she would call again after 9am to let me know if there was room. 9am rolls around and the nurse finally calls to say they think there will be room this afternoon. I am laughing as she is apologizing to me about the delay b/c I know that they have been full all week and my Dr. (who never usually does inductions to begin with) had 2 get cancelled on monday. I also live like 2 blocks from the hospital so arriving at a specific time really is of no issue for me. So now I am free to enjoy a long shower before sweaty labor especially since I might not shower who knows how many days later. I think the nurse was worried I was going to be mad, but instead I just think it is so FUNNY! Here I spent the past 6 weeks on bedrest, worried about PTL and the babies being born too early, rushing off to L&D when I thought my water broke but all I did was wet my pants, all the little things and now here I am at 38 weeks and the boogers just keep on cooking and now I can't even get induced!!! [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see how my labor turns out after all this!
    [​IMG]

Alyson

3. stbmo4

stbmo4 Well-Known Member

Good for you for keeping your sense of humor!

4. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

what a great attitude! good luck

5. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Ditto the PP... way to keep smiling. With my first I was sent home on induction day because my doc gave me a 50/50 chance of ending up with a C section and opted to wait another week... I think I balled for a couple hours!! But there is def. some irony... you do everything you can to keep them in and now you cant do enough to get them out!! Really it is kinda funny... keep us posted and we'll keep chatting to get you through the day!

6. AWerner

UPDATE: They are all full over at the "inn" The babies are due on Sat at 8am unless I go on my own before then. I don't know what these other ladies are doing but 4 more women had their water break between 9am and 12:30pm and my 38week twins have no intention of doing anything. [​IMG]

Alyson

7. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] you have such a great attitude, keep it up. we'll be praying for them to decide to come on their own before saturday.

8. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

After 5 trips to L&D for preterm ctx between weeks 30-33 and bedrest since then, I am now 35 1/2 weeks and have not had anything going on since week 33. My husband and I are always joking that I will go to 38 wks and have to be induced! "Murphy's Law" always seems to apply to my life [​IMG] So reading your thread really made me laugh! I can see this exact thing happening to me! [​IMG] Please keep us posted on how your doing!