Inexpensive mp3 player for a 5 yo

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Deb C, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Deb C

Deb C Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a suggestion for an inexpesive mp3 player for a 5 year old? I want one that has a screen so she can see what she's choosing, but I don't want it to have a lot of menu's to scroll through for her to find it, kwim?

2. 3Xblessed

3Xblessed Well-Known Member

I'll be watching this one...we have been shopping around and might just end up going with the shuffle (no screen...). I want something that is going to last.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Disney Mix Stick is a good one for kids. :good: My oldest DD got one when she was 6. It's inexpensive and has a lot of storage for music.

4. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My oldest has this too. It's been great. The little girls ate getting one for Christmas. There's no screen, they just get the next song, but it accomplishes its purpose.

5. my2boys

my2boys Well-Known Member

We bought the boys the Fisher Price FP3 player when they were that age. It's been two years and we still have them and they still work great. We even still have the headphones that came with them. They are not torn into a million pieces, which is something I have a hard time believing. They are easy to use and the boys loved them.

6. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would not go with the shuffle. I have a shuffle, and my girls hate using since they can't see what song is playing.

7. Deb C

Deb C Well-Known Member

That is why I'd like to get her one with a screen :)