infant carrier compatible with double snap n go?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by audie522, Mar 22, 2008.

1. audie522

audie522 Active Member

I have been looking but can't find which infant carriers are compatible with double snap n go. It says fits "most" infant carriers but don't want to end up buying the wrong brand. I thought I read somewhere Graco snug ride doesn' fit but am not sure. Are there any brands that you know don't fit?

2. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

3. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]I think the Graco snug rides do fit, it's the Graco safeseats (I think they hold a little more weight) that don't fit. I had two Graco snugrides and they fit in my double snap-n-go. Somebody correct me if it is the other way around.[/SIZE]

4. audie522

audie522 Active Member

Any advice as to which infant carriers are lightest? Did you carry both car seats if running into the bank or other quick errand or always used the snap n go?

5. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

They used to have it listed in their FAQ section of the website but I see it isn't there anymore. I checked the instruction manual they have online and it only lists brand names, but here that is: http://www.babytrend.com/download/20070610...ctions_0407.pdf

We used the snugrides and they worked fine. I didn't look into the weight of the car seats, though, I just went with the one with the best safety ratings.

6. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

we have the snug rides and they do fit, however, they are not quite as "snug" w/the newer snap n go model as earlier ones.

btw, for short trips i take on in the car seat and the other in a sling. it works well!

7. smiley_ca1

smiley_ca1 Well-Known Member

I use the Graco SnugRides and they fit fine. It is the safeseat that isn't suggested... esp since it goes up to 30lbs? The SnugRides only go to 22lbs. The Snap'n'Go has a 40lbs total rating, thus you can only use it for the life of the Snugride... The safeseat would make you want to use it longer which would be unsafe for the stroller. By then 22 lbs + a piece I'd bet they'll be too big to WANT to carry them in their carseats anyways.

For small trips to the bank, etc. I do carry both carseats (mine are only 13lbs now). I find that taking both evens out my gait and I don't lean to either side. I find it harder to just carry one. But, if I go grocery shopping, or somewhere I'll be walking a bit, I'll put them in their snap'n'go.

8. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

the Graco safeseat does not fit (of course those are the ones I got & thought they would fit into the snap n go!! oh well!)
    i really wanted to use the snap n go, but i liked my car seats too much to switch them or buy new ones, so i returned the snap n go that we had received as a gift & just use our 'tank' of a stroller :)

9. poppan

poppan Well-Known Member

This is what the guy at our local "super" baby store (they're privately owned and much more knowledgeable/helpful than BRU, I've found) said:

There is the "old" double snap n go -- made by either "Swan" or "Baby Trend" (stamped with different names but apparently it's the exact same) -- that one, the Graco Snug Rides fit but the Graco Safety does not. The old SNG is either all black or all navy blue.

The "new" double snap n go -- definitely Baby Trend -- fits the Graco Safety but not the Graco Snug Ride. This one has the silver bars on a black body.

That's what he said when I went shopping a year ago anyway. (I even made him bring out the Snug Ride and prove to me that it didn't fit... LOL.) Maybe things have changed? He said their store had already complained to Baby Trend but he thought Baby Trend was trying to make it so that it only fit their own brand of car seat (which has that bar on the bottom, similar to Graco Safety?).

10. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Like the pp said, check their website, I believe they list all the carseats it is compatible with. We used the double SNG with Peg Perego infant seats. Love the SNG, you will get your money's worth. And even more so if you can get an inexpensive used one or get it as a gift!

11. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

12. donmoemu

donmoemu New Member

QUOTE(melissak @ Mar 23 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]683514[/snapback]
    we have the Chicco Key Fit and they work!
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2633096

I'm confused... It look like people have said that the Chicco Key Fit work with just the single stroller and not the double. Were you able to get it to work with the double?

13. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Don M. @ Apr 13 2008, 11:09 PM) [snapback]720235[/snapback]
    I'm confused... It look like people have said that the Chicco Key Fit work with just the single stroller and not the double. Were you able to get it to work with the double?

Yes, we have the double Snap N Go and the Chicco Key Fit car seats and they work together great!

14. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Audra Leigh522 @ Mar 22 2008, 06:38 PM) [snapback]682525[/snapback]
    Any advice as to which infant carriers are lightest? Did you carry both car seats if running into the bank or other quick errand or always used the snap n go?

I had the Graco SnugRides and they were pretty light (when the girls were small), but I still wouldn't carry both on quick errands. I used the double sng EVERYWHERE (even to walk them into and out of daycare when they went). DH used to put one in the Bjorn and carry one in the seat, but I found it just as quick and easy to get the stroller out.

15. nancy214

nancy214 Member

I have baby trend double snap n go and graco snugride seats and they fit...you have to follow instructions and move the stablizier bars to fit graco seats....it's super easy to do if I could do it.

16. mochadad

mochadad New Member

QUOTE(melissak @ Apr 14 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]720522[/snapback]
    Yes, we have the double Snap N Go and the Chicco Key Fit car seats and they work together great!

Melissak is your snap and go the new model # 1505 that all black? Could you tell me what bars you used and where you placed them? I have the Chicco KeyFit 30 with 6 week old twins. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

17. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

We use the evenflo embrace and they fit in the snap n go.

18. mmbadger

mmbadger Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mochadad @ Oct 3 2008, 10:21 AM) [snapback]1009914[/snapback]
    Melissak is your snap and go the new model # 1505 that all black? Could you tell me what bars you used and where you placed them? I have the Chicco KeyFit 30 with 6 week old twins. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

We have Chicco KeyFit 30 seats, and I use the Double Snap-n-Go with them. Just remove ALL the bars that you can, and the seats fit (nothing "snaps" in, the seats just rest on the bars and the front grey tabs that flip outward - you'll need to use the belts to ensure they're secure...though the seats fit so tightly that I've never worried about it). Hope that helps!

19. MuchFaith22

MuchFaith22 Well-Known Member

I have the the Graco SafeSeats and they do fit the SnG. Even if they get to weighing too much for the stroller, by then I have another double stroller for them to go in anyways, once they start holding up their heads, and that. I wouldn't want to lug those seats around with them in it anyways, they are like the heaviest of the carseats...but I got them, because they were the Safest Rated, or so I heard.

20. twinmom51

twinmom51 Well-Known Member

the safe seats do not work with the older model of the snap and go. they did not "snap" in using the graco bar configuration. we tried to modify to make it work and it just ended up not being worth it. I was not comfortable with just belting in my girls.

I called Baby Trend and they did not have a solution to the SafeSeats with the older sng.

21. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

NOt sure what does not fit, but I can tell you that the Graco Snug Rides DO fit! I used one of these in mine! If you go to the baby trend website you can download the manual for both the old version and the new version and it will tell you exactly which ones are compatible and which ones are not. Good Luck!

22. ceej8670

ceej8670 Member

I used the Chicco Keyfits with my SNG as well, just as PP said, and didn't use any of the bars. If you put the front one in on the grey tabs, and then the second one wedges behind it. They sit down in the SNG fine and I felt they were perfectly secure. The end of the 2nd seat will tip down a little if you push on it, but you can level it back out, and even if it tips its not dangerous where they could slide out.