Infant Double Stroller

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by h2believe, Nov 16, 2008.

1. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

So which ones do you recommend?? My folks want to get us the snap'n go, however it's only good for as long as they fit in their infant carseat (a year?). I was wondering if there was anything out there that doesn't cost an arm, a leg and one of the twins (lol!) that would work real well for infants and would also work well as they grow to toddlers, etc.

So any good and INEXPENSIVE recommendations on double strollers??

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Get the Snap N Go. I bought a Graco Duoglider thinking that I'd use it both with the infant seats and when the girls got big enough to sit regularly, but I hated it. I've seen on these boards so many other moms who feel the same way. So really, buy the Snap N Go and then when your twins outgrow their car seats, buy a nice double stroller that you can use until they outgrow strollers entirely.

FYI - there have been a lot of stroller conversations here on TS. You can do a search on the Expecting Forum and see some of the other advice.

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(idril @ Nov 16 2008, 12:06 PM) [snapback]1072775[/snapback]
    Get the Snap N Go. I bought a Graco Duoglider thinking that I'd use it both with the infant seats and when the girls got big enough to sit regularly, but I hated it. I've seen on these boards so many other moms who feel the same way. So really, buy the Snap N Go and then when your twins outgrow their car seats, buy a nice double stroller that you can use until they outgrow strollers entirely.

FYI - there have been a lot of stroller conversations here on TS. You can do a search on the Expecting Forum and see some of the other advice.

I did the exact same thing!! I hated my duo-glider! As soon as my girls were big enough I ditched the duo-glider and bought a SBS Combi. I love it!

If I had to do it again I would definitely get the SNG and then get a different stroller later. Do they even make a SBS that accommodates the infant carriers? Now that would be ideal!

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I agree with the previous posters 100%! I got the duo glider and hated it. I'd recommend getting the snap n go. You're right, they'll only be able to use it for a bit {we used it until 7ish months} but at the same time, those were also the hardest months since they were tiny and weren't "stable" yet. Once they outgrew the snap n go's they were already sitting and much easier to handle from car to stroller. :good: We got a SBS combi savvy and it's great. Love it. Good luck!

5. jordyn25

jordyn25 Well-Known Member

I bought a new condition snap n go off my Craigslist for $45.

I like the Peg Perego Twin Aria for a double-its SBS and very easy to push and its not huge and fits thru regular doorways.
    Plus you can get really cute styles online.

I also would love the Bumbleride twin Indie!!! But its more pricey.
    I do have a Bumbleride flyer I will be using for one baby while I put the other in a sling, or fit both in for a few months b/c the stroller is so cute. I got it ofF CL also for 150.

6. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I've been very cost-conscious and after all the research I've done, I'm going with the Double Snap n Go (DSNG) while they're in their infant seats and then a SBS double stroller. It does seem to be a cost-effective option, especially since you can often find a used one for $60 or less ... and then sell it to someone else when you're done with it! Or if your parents do buy it for you used, you could probably recoup about half the cost by selling it to someone else when you're done with it. Because it's just a frame, they should hold up pretty well. They just seem a lot more lightweight and convenient than something like a DuoGlider (though I do know some people who prefer that option).
    I even managed to find a brand-new DSNG on Amazon.com for $59.99 with free shipping. I posted a PSA on that deal on this forum a few days ago and I think they're sold out already but check it out; they might come back in stock.

7. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Nov 16 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1072786[/snapback]
    I did the exact same thing!! I hated my duo-glider! As soon as my girls were big enough I ditched the duo-glider and bought a SBS Combi. I love it!

If I had to do it again I would definitely get the SNG and then get a different stroller later. Do they even make a SBS that accommodates the infant carriers? Now that would be ideal!

They dont, i tried to get one and emailed the company and as of now they do not make a stroller for two infants. it was so frustrating finding a stroller for two babies!

8. dallasm

The only thing I thought was not effecient about the snap and go was that my other two boys grew out of their infant carseat by 4 months as they were already 20lbs by 3 months. I got the dual glider and two graco carseats. the car seats fit in it nicely, with a little manuvering for the second carseat. Can anyone on here tell me why they didnt like the graco duoglider?thanks :)
    ps try ebay for the dsng for cheap prices. i was looking a few months ago and there are some great deals!

9. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

We got the Snap N Go which I think was a great buy. We also have the Kolcraft Countours Double Stroller (we had gotten that first because the car seats could fit into it as well). And to top it off we found a great deal on a side by side jogging stroller on Craigslist. My personal suggestion to save some $$ is to go with the Snap N Go and watch Craigs List or something like that for a double stroller after they're out of the Snap N Go. From the strollers I've seen they're in really good condition still. I love the Kolcraft one though and I'm excited to use it. The seats can go all sorts of different ways. Good luck with your decision!!!

10. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

I bought the DSNG because I will be using a stroller daily. It is less heavy and easier to move around while they are still in their infant carriers. I wanted something lightweight because I take my DS to pre-K each morning (public school/transportation is not an option, we don't qualify for public so he has to go to a private school) and I will be bringing both babies in and out with us in the morning. GL on your decision. I scored my DSNG for only $64.99 at Babies R us yesterday, I had a 15% of coupon plus a $20 off coupon. I suggest watching out for coupons in the mail or paper!

11. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

QUOTE(idril @ Nov 16 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]1072775[/snapback]

Ditto Ditto Ditto!

12. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I had zero trouble with my Duoglider and used it until just over 3 years old. I even used it for my stroller fitness class (although I'd suggest a double jogger instead:)). You'll find those who love their sbs strollers and those who were perfectly happy with their tandems. It's really a personal choice. I had both types and the tandem was much nicer due to it's width, ability to hold carseats, better sunshades, child snack trays, ability to keep the twins separated as toddlers (controlling the baby in back to keep them from bugging the baby in front is a lot easier than trying to control both babies because they're sitting next to each other), and larger storage basket.

I'm only 5'3 and had no problems lifting the stroller into the trunk of my CR-V multiple times a day and that stroller held up wonderfully over tons of daily use and lots of travel for over 3 years. If you're looking to not spend a ton of money, the Duoglider is definitely the way to go. Two carseats plus the duoglider cost less than my sbs and I sold my sbs after a year because it just wasn't as versatile.

On a side note, there was a funny comic in the paper today with a mom with her babies in the sbs having trouble getting down the aisles of a department store. :lol: Boy, did I totally understand!

Good luck in your search!

13. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Get the Double Snap n Go it's worth every penny (especially off ebay or craigslist). It's so lightweight and the seats snap in so easy. It really makes going with two so so much easier. I had that and the duoglider. The only thing we used the duo glider for was walks around the block. Now the duo glider is my only stroller and I avoid getting it out at all costs. We do two shopping carts in stores or carry them in. It's so heavy, the buckles are impossible, the shoulder straps don't tighten enough to do anything for the little ones that need them, the basket is hard to fit anything with any size into it, the seats don't sit at the right angle - they lean too far back at their most upright. My boys hate it and so do I. Lots of people love it though - all my research pointed me to it!

I just saw a Peg Perego Twin Aria on craigslist here and I'm hoping to snag that and sell the other two! Don't suppose you are in FL - i could make you a deal on a snap n go (or a duoglider) :)

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I really like my Duoglider and still use it now. :pardon: I've never had any problems with it and I like that it can fit through aisles and my oldest DD's doors at school.

15. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

Does any infant car seat work with the snap and go??

16. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

thanks everyone for your input! DH doesnt feel comfortable with the snap'n go -he's picky like that. Thinks it's not very sturdy. I'm on the fence, so we'll see!!

17. dallasm

QUOTE(Joanna416 @ Nov 17 2008, 12:29 PM) [snapback]1073810[/snapback]
    Does any infant car seat work with the snap and go??

I think its just the graco car seats they have. they have many to chose from.

18. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dallasm @ Nov 16 2008, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1072909[/snapback]
    Can anyone on here tell me why they didnt like the graco duoglider?thanks :)

As the other posters have said, it's a personal decision, but here's what I didn't like about the Duoglider:

1. Heavy and bulky. (of course, my current SBS is almost as heavy)
    2. The seats were at a strange angle that caused both of my girls to lean back more than was comfortable
    3. The girl in the back could kick the girl in the front
    4. The straps didn't cinch down tight enough to keep them well contained
    5. Somewhat difficult to steer

19. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(h2believe @ Nov 17 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1073920[/snapback]
    thanks everyone for your input! DH doesnt feel comfortable with the snap'n go -he's picky like that. Thinks it's not very sturdy. I'm on the fence, so we'll see!!

If you can find a store with one in it - you might get him to try it out there. It's much sturdier than it looks at first glance. I doubt the weight of the stroller is going to bother him - just you esp if c-section.

It does take several brands of carseats but you'd have to check their website for the specifics.

20. Eeyoregirl

Eeyoregirl Well-Known Member

We registered for a Graco Duo it is a Sterling color scheme, gray and sky blue. It holds 2 infant seats and then both bigger kids. It was easy to put together and store we played with it in the store!