Inflatable carseats

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Dec 13, 2011.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I am looking at some easy options for when we travel (by plane) and arrive at our locations and need a carseat. I have seen these "easy car seats" and "bubble bum" carseats -does anyone have one and if so are they any good?
    I would not be looking to use these other than once and awhile, so they are not our everyday seats.

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have never heard of them. Interesting concept!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I have never heard if them either

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I have a friend who's daughter uses one and she loves it. I haven't read up on them and I am just curious how they meet safety standards.

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I read your question at 3:30am last night (couldn't sleep) and was all prepared to write you a scathing response about how blow up car seats couldn't possibly be safe. But then I read the details and looked at them and.... WOW! That's so cool. I've obviously never heard of them before, but I would totally buy either one. They look awesome for travelling -- as long as the kids are big enough. Mine are only 35 pounds, so we've got a ways to go I think, but I'm going to have to consider this for Grandma's car next visit. It would be great not to have to lug a car seat on the plane just for a week or so.

6. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Never heard of them before now either. They sound pretty interesting. I'm including a link so others don't have to google.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/31/video-inflatable-car-seat-is-cheap-convenient-but-is-it-saf/

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

if you think about it - children over 4 need the seat to boost them up so the seatbelt is in the proper position - morseo than say a baby needs the "protection"...I think its a wonderful practical idea!

8. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

idrill - your response made me laugh, good thing you didn't send me a scathing response : )

I think they look neat, and I am leaning towards the one that has a back and sides on it, as I think it might provide slightly more protection.