Intense vaginal pain-am I a wuss?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by luv_my_kidz, Jan 11, 2007.

1. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

Please help! I've always thought that I've had a pretty high tolerance for pain, but a couple of days ago I started hurting down in my vagina and entire pelvic area.

I had an appt. yesterday and seen a Dr. that I usually do not. I don't think she understands just how much pain I'm talking about. Her only reply was that it's normal and she would do a cervix check. So, she checked me and said I was about a 1 and 50% effaced.(nothing she was concerned about)

I am in SO much pain! I cannot move without it hurting down there. If I'm lying in bed and get up to use the bathroom it hurts SO bad that I get the shakes just trying to get up. Then actually walking to the toilet is another story. Every step HURTS!
    At moments it even hurts when I'm still. What is this? Is there anything I can do about it?

I'm thinking about calling my OB's office when she opens today and requesting a call back from the Dr. I normally see to discuss this with her. She knows I'm not a complainer and each day this pain has gotten worse and worse. It is so painful I cannot deal with it too much longer.

Any suggestions? What do you think?

Thanks,
    Misti

2. luv_my_kidz

Please help! I've always thought that I've had a pretty high tolerance for pain, but a couple of days ago I started hurting down in my vagina and entire pelvic area.

I had an appt. yesterday and seen a Dr. that I usually do not. I don't think she understands just how much pain I'm talking about. Her only reply was that it's normal and she would do a cervix check. So, she checked me and said I was about a 1 and 50% effaced.(nothing she was concerned about)

I am in SO much pain! I cannot move without it hurting down there. If I'm lying in bed and get up to use the bathroom it hurts SO bad that I get the shakes just trying to get up. Then actually walking to the toilet is another story. Every step HURTS!
    At moments it even hurts when I'm still. What is this? Is there anything I can do about it?

I'm thinking about calling my OB's office when she opens today and requesting a call back from the Dr. I normally see to discuss this with her. She knows I'm not a complainer and each day this pain has gotten worse and worse. It is so painful I cannot deal with it too much longer.

Any suggestions? What do you think?

Thanks,
    Misti

3. Bradysmom1002

Bradysmom1002 Well-Known Member

I've been having it since about 26 weeks, it gets worse by the week. I'm with you on the every step you take, esp getting out of bed to pee. That's why I've been up since 5am.

When I step down its like a knife stabbing me "there", then I have to stop and catch my breath cause it hurts so bad. For me it hurts worse during the night and any time I have to pee. I've had numerous exams, and my dr just says its both of their heads are down and thats what is causing the pressure.

On the bright side, you are sooo close!

4. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

First, so sorry you're feeling that. OUCH! Yes, DEFINITELY call your doc and have her discuss w/you -it's awful when dr's don't take us seriously - but i believe that people who haven't had twin pregnancies really cannot understand what we're going through.

I had intense pain for a while but it has subsided for now. Try and get as much rest as possible, and you are NOT a wuss!

5. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I felt when I was pregnant with my ds. By the end of the pregnancy I would describe it exactly like you did. It's already starting with this pregnancy (so much to look forward to!) As far as I know, however, the only relief will come when you get those babies out. I feel for you--that was the worst pain of the pregnancy for me last time..and I'm sure I'll be in a similar boat soon.

Reyna

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

that is exactly how I felt! like I was being stabbed in the vagina!!
    it started early for me - like 25 weeks and lasted until the end!!!

7. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

Mine felt like somone had taken a hammer to my "special area" and beat the crap outta me with it. it went away like 2 weeks ago and it feels so much better to walk and stuff.... its just my back now. so I guess the pain of twin pregnancy will never end till the end [​IMG] hang in there! hopefully it will pass for you as well

8. luv_my_kidz

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate it. At least I know there isn't something horrible wrong with me now. Everything is starting to worry me now that I'm nearing the end. Both babies are head down and the u/s tech said one of them is WAY DOWN there. So, I'm sure that is exactly what is making me feel this way. I need to be happy that I'm not going to have to deal with it as long as some of you did. Hopefully the 22nd that amnio comes back mature and I get to deliver these babies the 24th!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

9. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

i called that the "bowling ball in the crotch" phase. it's those babies getting ready to come out!

10. happymel

happymel Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let you know that I was hospitalized for the pain you're describing. It was unbearable pain inthe vagina. I went into L&D and they admitted me because baby A's head was engaged and 1 cm from the opening of the cervix. I slept in trendelenburg, slanted upside down, all night and he moved and the pain got much better. Now it just hurts when I'm on my feet too much because of the pressure. You are by no means a wuss. get off your feet and elevate your feet and legs in bed and see if this position helps you. Also be careful if the pain is too bad you need to be checked because you could be dilating more or having silent contractions. When in doubt be checked!
    Melanie ( 27 weeks with b/g twins)

11. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

I've been having that since about 20 weeks.. it just gets worse each week. I keep telling DH I'm going to reach a point where I just can't walk, it's just a matter of when! But it tends to be worse in the evening after it has bothered me all day, and when I roll over or get up at night, I almost fall over when I take a step cause it hurts so bad. I have to hold on to something all the way to the bathroom just to be able to walk.

I hope they can make you feel better somehow... and if they do, let me know how!!

12. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Yes - isn't this the worst pain? All that pressure just kills you! I have had it, with some days definitely being worse than others. And like others posted, getting out of bed is something I dread! I would definitely bring it up to your doc, just so they can rule out an infection or something. But what you describe sounds like it's that lovely side effect of carrying twins!

Gosh - the 24th is not too far away! Aren't you excited?!

13. miraclemama

miraclemama Active Member

quote:
    Originally posted by happymel:get off your feet and elevate your feet and legs in bed and see if this position helps you.
    Make sure to elevate your hips too - that's what is really going to make that baby come away from your cervix.

Hope it feels better soon!