ipad apps

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by agolden, Aug 31, 2010.

1. agolden

agolden Well-Known Member

I was given a used ipad recently and I haven't even begun to try to integrate it into my life. I think it will be helpful and I know my kids have already had fun with a colouring program that was already on it when I got it (the previous owner had died but had downloaded a few apps for them before that happened). I can't imagine having the time or patience to look through the apps store. I don't even know how to get onto itunes (though I will figure it out, I'm sure). I'm looking for some quick recommends of things that have been helpful to others, fun and maybe something educationalish for the kids. I don't really want them to be playing pure video games at the age of 3 but I wouldn't mind some games/activities to help learning.

Any recommendations?

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I don't know if it has iPad compatitability but monkey preschool is great. I have it for iPhone

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My boys love the Cookie Doodle and Cake Doodle games. They get to make and bake the cookies/cakes and then decorate them. I think it's kind of boring, but it's a perfect thing to keep them occupied at the dr. office or in the car. Mine is for iTouch, but I'm sure it works on iPad too. In iTunes you can choose only things for iPad and the number of options will be much less than searching all the apps. My favorites are all the reading apps. Kindle, eReader, Stanza, etc. Most of those are free and then you have to purchase your books/audiobooks.

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

This is probably to young for your kids but mine are still loving the toddler teasers. It helps identify colors, letters, numbers and shapes.
    Have fun!