iPhone/iPad apps?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Trishandthegirls, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

The question about good iPhone or iPad apps for three year olds got me thinking. We have virtually no apps for our kids on our phones or iPads, but I wouldn't mind adding a few for a long plane trip coming up. So... any recommendations for apps for my five year old girls? I'm open for educational or plain fun ones. In case it matters, my girls are not reading yet, but can recognize some sight words and sound out shorter ones.

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

The my little pony book app is fun
    These are some of their favs:
    Where's the water
    Peggle
    Sneezies
    Angry birds
    Dragonvale
    Derby days

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

My kids and husband LOVE an app called Temple Run. It makes me dizzy, but even Spencer plays it sometimes (he's three) though he's not super good at it. There's another one DH put on his ipad called Temple Run: Brave that works essentially the same way but is based on the new movie. I think it was .99, the other one is free.

On the ipad, my littler girls really like drawing games/apps, including things like Art of Glow and Spawn of Glow.

On either iphone or ipad, they like (in no particular order) Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Matching Zoo, Doodle Find, Fruit Ninja (I have the free "lite" version), Glass Tower2, Unblock Me, Oven Break, Waterslide and BubbleFree (popping bubble wrap).

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

My kids (all ages) like the drawing/painting apps, there are various ones. If there's a particular show your girls like you can probably find games related to that by searching. There's also apps for some story books, I know there are various Dr Seuss ones.

5. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

My daughters favorites are Easy Bake Oven, ToyStory3 matching game, Highlights Hidden Pictures, Lego's and Princess Lite. All of these are free apps.

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Clicky sticky
    Creationary
    Morris' amazing flying books (interactive book)
    123 color (color by number or letters)
    Game factory (matching games like memory)
    Up fish (it's cat in the hat)

7. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine love Angry Birds, Flow, Math Bingo, SushiMonster, iMovie and any of the TEACHME games.

8. MommyMelissaReturns

MommyMelissaReturns Well-Known Member

Mine are older, but we have iPads at the elementary school I work at and we use a LOT of pre-k and K apps. Most are free apps.

Elmo Loves ABC's Lite

Dress-Up Fairy Tale Game

My Coloring Book Free

Pet Petters by Kapboom

Animal Preschool Circus Lite

are just a few I'd suggest.

9. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

In addition to all those lovely apps above, my kids love Fit It. It is a game based on puzzles. Trying to fit the shapes in the right spot to complete a puzzle. My 4 year old loved this one when he was just 3. It's a great game to engage the mind.