Is anyone else's toddler OCD about shoes?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MarchI, Feb 26, 2011.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Henry needs to have his shoes on. On weekends, he will bring his shoes to you and demand they be put on, even if he is still in footie PJs. We go with it because it isn't hurting anything but wow on the OCD on this kid about shoes. I know he does want to go out/get out which is 1/2 the reason he does this but we don't take him out every time we put shoes on him. Anyone else have a kid like this?

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Shoe is both my twins first word! They were obsessed. Everything was shoe, you had to put shoes on them all the time, on their stuffed animals, they had to walk around in them all the time even in their pyjamas. Fortunately that was a phase. I think it ended when their last shoes got too small and uncomfortable and they don't like their new shoes as much.

3. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

Mine are obsessed with shoes as well but not that they have to be wearing them, they just carry them around everywhere and shoes was one of their first words as well!

4. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I have one that loves shoes. She will want them on over her footie pj's too. I wouldn't say she's obcessed though.

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh! Not my two, but one of the 2 year olds at the daycare is obsessed with Alice's shoes. And only Alice's. He doesn't care about Royce's or any of the other girl shoes, just Alice's.

"liss shooo? Liss SHOOOE??" And he has to come upstairs when Alice comes upstairs just in case she puts her shoes on.

6. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

Well DD is obessed but not to wear them. Anytime she sees them or wears them we gets a very deep "ssshhhooooeeessss." DS also likes shoe but my slippers are his favorite. I wish I could get the kids to keep theirs on. Where ever we go DD will pull hers off it possible

7. amymarie3

amymarie3 Well-Known Member

Mine love them. We give the shoes to play with while changing diapers and it calms them right down. They are always confused when we put them on their feet, they think the shoes are toys.

Our shoes are a source of constant amusement. They drag them around the house by their laces and took to chewing on the laces when they are teething. As soon as the chewing starts we know that a new tooth is coming in and pull out the teething toys.