is it common for multiples to sleep together when they are 13 years old

Discussion in 'General' started by agmommyof2, Jul 18, 2008.

1. agmommyof2

agmommyof2 Member

my identical 12 year old boys (13 years in august) are sooooooooooo sweet. They sleep in the same bed every night. if i were to tell one of them to get in their own bed, it becomes a hardship & they end up together anyways. They each have their own rooms. is this common for multiples to sleep together when they are 13years? and if so, when is a common age they seperate? any negatives if i let them work it out on their own & wait for them to naturally seperate without me telling them to. i would love to hear from parents of teenage id boys that have experienced this first hand or siblings.

2. stinkyhobo10

stinkyhobo10 Well-Known Member

Well I'm not a parent and I'm not a boy, but I am an identical twin girl. :D My sister and I are 16 and we still sleep together sometimes. Its creature comfort and tt probably has something to do with being together for so long. It doesn't seem like a problem and if they don't want to sleep alone then why should they. Until it becomes a problem then I think they should be fine.

3. Zibeline

Zibeline Well-Known Member

I'm not identical at all and I dont have kids but when we got separate rooms (when we were 9), I still liked to sleep in my brother's room. Especially when I was scared. Last time I did that... I was 16 ! (Btw, we share our room when we go somewhere and I must admit that I feel safer with someone else with me, that's also why I like spending nights with friends)

It's really hard to separate twins !

4. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

My girls still sleep together sometimes and they are 13. Like the pp-ers said it's just a comfort thing. I have no intentions of telling them they have to sleep in their own beds, I figure they'll eventually want to.

5. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

we have our own rooms but we like to sleep in the same room alot, we'd just carry a matress into on our rooms. We got our own rooms at 13 years old and it takes awhile to get used to it. Its a comfort thing and makes u feel safe and secure. We even sleep in the same bed sometimes expecially if we go away to a friends/family's place. Though we have to admit we love to talk and be in the same room at night. (and sometimes we get into trouble for staying up and talking to late at night :) Its a twin thing and its so hard to be away and seprated from your twin. Its the kinda thing only twins understand.
    I dont see any problem with it.

6. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

My boys, now 14, tend to bunk in with Sean most nights, especially now during the summer. We spent the entire weekend of Memorial Day moving the boys around so everyone has their own room. It lasted all of two nights before they started sleeping in with Sean again. :lol: To his credit, Sean is an awesome big brother and allows them in his room.

7. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Last night Tyler slept in the girls' room. I thought about this thread when Daniel came to tattle on Tyler for being in there. I think Daniel was a bit disappointed when I just said "okay". :laughing:

8. twinness

twinness Member

My sister and I got our own rooms when we were 15. We shared a room until then but on occasion we would sleep in the same bed. I usually sleep in her bed if I'm scared. Like last night there was a bad thunderstorm so I went in and slept in her bed. We're 16 btw. I don't see a problem with them sleeping in the same bed. Its very comforting sometimes.

9. CatherineMay

CatherineMay Well-Known Member

I fall asleep on my brother's bed all the time and we're nineteen. :blush:

It's a comfort thing, at least for me. I go there to talk or watch movies with him and fall asleep. It's never been that big of a deal, just something that happens.

10. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

My sister and I share a room, because we have a big family. Somehow I always end up in her bed. But I feel scared when I'm alone, and I feel safe when I'm with her. I don't know how to explain, it's a twin thing. But, when I went to summer camp without her, I could barely sleep, I would sleep with my camp friends, but it, of course, was not the same.
    They are probably just having seperation anxieties. My sister and I have a problem with that. It's normal, and nearly all twins get it. Don't worry!