Is it normal to be this anxious about giving birth? I don't remember being like this with my singlet

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by pretty girl, Apr 9, 2015.

1. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

Is it normal to be this anxious about giving birth? I don't remember being like this with my singleton

2. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I was not anxious with my first birth (the twins).  But damn if I wasn't an anxious wreck for every one after that!!!  Knowing what to expect has its disadvantages!  :D

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It can be. You can also have prenatal anxiety or other mood disorders. If the anxiety is persistent or intrusive, I would encourage you to talk to yor doctor about it. Working through and resolving fears prior to labor will allow for a more effective and efficient labor. You could also check out the book Birthing From Within by Pam England. It's fantastic and helped calm much of my anxiety when I was pregnant with my twins.

4. pretty girl

pretty girl Well-Known Member

I do suffer from social anxiety so I should expect this. I'm just ready to get this over with

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh yeah, I was anxious during my pregnancy although I was more anxious at the beginning than I was at the end but it was there.  

6. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My MIL who had twins said it was a good thing she didn't know she was having twins because of all the extra monitoring they have to do with twins.  

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

With my boys, a little, but I knew they were going to be a c/s. With my daughter a ton and a half, because I was terrified of a vbac and yet committed to it. Hypnobabies retrained my brain and dissolved all of that anxiety.