Is something not right with his feet?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Jul 29, 2011.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Anthony is my shorter twin. There are a good three inches between him and Nicholas. When Anthony was standing in front of me, I noticed it looked "off." So I put his feet together and they go inward-like on the inside of his feet. It's hard to explain. So dh put his feet down straight, and the inside of his foot wasn't touching the ground. Now, he can run and jump and climb, but he does it a bit differently. I don't know how to explain it really, something you'd have to see I suppose. I took a pic on my ipod, so it's not the best.

Am I crazy or is this something you would call the pedi about? They don't go until November for their yearly check-up.

Feet

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I looked and it looks like he's flat footed but otherwise I don't see anything wrong. :pardon: BUT if you are concerned give the dr. a call. :good: Worst thing is he'll say you're crazy. :p

2 people like this.
  3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't tell from the photo. But if you think something's up bring him in, it won't hurt.

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Between 3-5, kids feet start to look like adult feet and not like baby feet anymore but it continues until they're adults. So it looks like he might be flat-footed. (My husband has flat feet, and it's looking like Royce might too.) But if my husband was younger, and the feet less hairy, they would look like your Anthony's feet.

Alice's feet are starting to get an arch, while Royce's aren't. If you really want to know if he's going to be flatfooted, get some paint and have him walk across a piece of paper. If it looks like a paw instead of a foot, it's a flat foot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_feet#Flat_feet_in_children

5. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Flat footed.

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Exactly my thought.

7. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

If it's not causing him pain or difficulty running and climbing I wouldn't worry. Occasionally if it causes discomfort a doctor will do shoe inserts but at this age he would grow out of them way fast!

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ummm....do you have hard feelings or something? :rotflmbo:

Thanks ladies! Thanks for the reassurance! I will hold off on the pedi until we go for his yearly. He never complains about pain or anything, so that's a good thing! It's something I will monitor I suppose, and keep him barefoot whenever possible! Thanks for the link Bex!

You fixed it! LOL! I got a good chuckle out of it!

1 person likes this.