Is twin a or twin b bigger?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mrsmoon, May 13, 2008.

?

Which twin was bigger at birth?

1. Twin a

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Twin B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

I get so tired of telling me that they bet my DD was born first. She is 18 lbs and DS is only 13 lbs. They always look at her and say how big she is followed by I bet she was born first. So my question is is that how many people's twin a was bigger at birth and how many peoples twin a is still bigger later? Also does everyone else get asked this question all the time?

2. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I didn't vote only because mine were ounces apart for the LONGEST time but now DS has got at least 3 or 4 lbs on her. I get that question/statement ALL the time. It is crazy how people think but what can you do!

3. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

DD-baby a- is only bigger by 1 lb, so not much, until recently DS-baby b was taller, so some people thought he was bigger.

4. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

twin a was 5 lbs 8 oz
    twin b was 6 lbs 10 oz

and shortly after birth twin a got bigger and bigger and BIGGER, and twin b seemed to get smaller, and smaller and SMALLER

Twin a is now about 5 pounds larger and 2 inches taller, and his shoe size is 2 sizes larger

5. ~ Sandy ~

~ Sandy ~ Well-Known Member

For us, twin a was smaller at birth, but is now bigger

6. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I can't vote because my girls were exactly the same size at birth (1280 g). Twin B is bigger now (at 4.5 months) by 3/4 pound and one inch in length.

7. Cynthia3200

Cynthia3200 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~ Sandy ~ @ May 13 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]772060[/snapback]
    For us, twin a was smaller at birth, but is now bigger

Same here

8. debid

debid Well-Known Member

We get these questions and our boys are identical. They're within a few ounces and 1/2" at all times but people convince themselves that one is noticeably larger and therefore the "older" of the two. It's really very silly.

9. Gumberly

Gumberly Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one whose DD was bigger…she is also my baby b.

10. LeslieJC

LeslieJC Well-Known Member

Delilah (A) was born 5.6 and Aviva B was born 6 but now Delilah is almost two pounds bigger than her sister.
    They are identical in height.

11. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Twin A was smaller at birth by about 1/2 pound....now at 11 months she's still smaller by about 3 pounds. Everyone thinks DS is older because he's bigger ~ but then again about half the people that see them can't believe that they're twins because of their size difference :rolleyes:

April :)
    [/SIZE]

12. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

GREAT idea for a poll!! :)

my baby a was born 6lbs & baby b was 4lbs11oz
    at 4 months baby a is 13lbs9oz & 11lbs13oz

still a 2lb difference ~~

13. becky5

becky5 Guest

Emma was 1.5lbs bigger at birth. Jake is now a few ounces bigger.

14. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Jake was a few ounces more at birth (baby a) but Ryan had IUGR. He was the same size as Jake when they left the NICU. He's now about 2lbs bigger and an inch and a half longer.

15. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I went by weights on this one. My girl (babyA) weighed less and was an inch shorter at birth, but has since surpassed her brother in length but not weight. She's got at least 1/2" on him length-wise but is still at least a pound less than him.

16. JVC0625

JVC0625 Well-Known Member

Dominic(B) was 6.13 and Salvatore(a) was 6.7. Now, they are 2 oz and 1/2 inch apart in size. But, people still insist one is bigger. Not enough to notice!

17. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Here's the weird thing. Baby A was measuring 1/2 lb behind at EVERY u/s.

Then at birth he was 5 oz larger than B??? Did they switch in utero? Who knows??

Is that even possible?

Anyway, it doesn't matter who was born first.

Now my baby B is a lb larger than A. There is no rhyme or reason to it, I don't think.

18. pattymartin

pattymartin Well-Known Member

twin a ds was 7lbs 13 now is 20 lbs
    twin b dd was 5lbs 9 now is 14 lbs now.

19. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Twin A ds was 5lbs 12oz and now is 12lbs 1oz
    Twin B dd was 4lbs 15oz and now is 10lbs 4oz

My ds is a chunkey little guy and my dd is a petite little thing-I bet it stays that way for a while.

20. brlowe

brlowe Well-Known Member

I cannot vote because my girls were EXACTLY the same at birth. Now Olivia (Baby A) is a few ounces heavier and about 1/2 an inch longer.

21. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

Baby B was 6oz bigger at birth and is now a pound bigger then Baby A, they've been exactly a pound apart for months!

Erica

22. lilly_&_hunter

lilly_&_hunter Well-Known Member

Twin A was bigger at birth (by 2oz) and now Twin B is 4lbs heavier.

23. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

Twin A was 4lbs 11oz at birth and she is now around 17lbs
    Twin B was 5lbs 8oz at birth and she is now 19 1/2 lbs.

I also get asked that question which drives me bonkers!!

24. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Baby B was bigger at birth and still bigger now. It IS really silly how people have such strange ideas about twins, but I know, before I had twins, that I had some misconceptions as well (I thought all identical twins were in the same sac).

Some people have been really shocked when they find out that Baby B was also more of the "go-getter"...doing things earlier than baby A. Like, since Baby A came out first, she should do things first too? Cracks me up!

25. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

twin A was my DS and he was and still is bigger than my DD, twin B

He's built like a boy, he's chubby but solid and she's a little dainty princess :D

26. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

At birth my baby B was bigger..

Baby A - 6 lbs 14oz
    Baby B - 7 lbs 3 oz

Now my baby A is taller but weighs just a bit less...and baby B is heavier and a bit shorter.
    So I voted baby B for birth and baby b for bigger now even though he is shorter..he still weighs more.