Itchy Skin?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TrishaLinn, Jan 10, 2011.

1. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

I feel like my skin is so itchy all over! My legs and arms are especially bad. My mom says she thinks it's because my skin is so dry from being dehydrated, but it just seems like I'm too itchy for just dry skin. Not to mention, I do get my liter of IV fluids every night, so it's not like I'm totally dehydrated. Any ideas?

2. jlefief

jlefief Member

Sorry to be graphic....my boobs itch like crazy. I started to use the stretch mark lotion on them and it makes a ton of difference.

3. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

It could be PUPPS, but it could also be ICP. I would call your OB and tell them whats going on. I was diagnosed with ICP (my amrs, hands and feet were soooooooo itchy) and was induced a week after they realized that I had it.

Keep us posted.

4. TrishaLinn

I have no idea what ICP is, but I'm much much to early in my pregnancy to be induced. I'm not even 17 weeks yet. I sure hope it's just dry skin or something easy to deal with! I have a doctor apt on Thursday and will be sure to mention it then.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had PUPPPS. Did it start on your arms & legs or did it start elsewhere? I agree- mention it to the doc. If it is PUPPPS I will share with you what helped me out. :hug:

6. TrishaLinn

It seemed itchy on my stomach a bit first, but I figured that was because of my subcutaneous zofran pump and having all of the nasty irritated bumps on my stomach. It certainly isn't near as bad on my stomach as it is on my arms and legs. I've been waking up at night itching my legs especially. Then it's hard to stop, but I make myself!

7. cheezewhiz24

Yeah, mine started on my belly, too. :(

8. TrishaLinn

Don't you usually get a rash with PUPPS? I don't have any sort of rash at all.

9. cheezewhiz24

I didn't get a rash per se. Just itchy bumps which would appear if I scratched too much. (Ok, WHEN I scratched too much. :pardon: )

10. PrincessHippie

PrincessHippie Active Member

OMG, during my third trimester I was incredibly itchy. For whatever reason I would wake up, every morning, between 3 and 5am scratching. I would sit at the end of the bed scratching and crying because I was so itchy all over. They tested me for PUPPS and the other "c" word (I can't remember now). They gave me an oral med for itch but it didn't work. About 2 weeks before the babies came, I stopped itching. (shrug)
    Here's my post from when I asked for itching advice. Hope this helps.

11. TrishaLinn

Thanks for the link and advice everyone. I'm going to keep it filed away. The itchyness just seems to have disappeared, so I guess I"m not going to worry about it unless it comes back! Maybe my mom was right and it's because of my really dry skin. I've been better about keeping lotion on my skin, so maybe that's what has helped? I don't know!