I've decided the nesting instinct is a curse ...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SC_Amy, Dec 24, 2008.

1. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

when you're on bedrest.

I wish I could just turn it off, and/or transfer it to the able-bodied spouse who actually has the physical capacity to satisfy the urge.

Though I just mentioned this to one of my friends, a SAHM, and she asked if I could send it to her because she has lots to do and no motivation. ;)

2. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Me too ...sigh

3. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

How much longer will you be on bedrest?

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah it's a good thing I'm not on bedrest yet because nesting kicked into full gear this weekend! :hug:

5. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Molly: Until the boys come (we have an induction scheduled for January 6th but I'm really hoping they come on their own before then). For me at this point it's not really a doctor-imposed restriction; it's simply that I really can't walk. I mean, I can walk to the bathroom and whatnot, but even short trips like that involve major effort and a fair amount of pain.

6. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

I tried to use my nesting instinct on bedrest to tidy up the areas within my reach of my hospital bed. . . that meant stacking magazines and throwing my food tray/snacks refuse away. Real nice, right?

6 months after bedrest and babies are here, of course, I'm still nesting but can't get my house cleaned!