Jackson & Jacob Have Arrived!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinboys07, Jun 20, 2007.

1. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the delay in posting this announcement. Things have been wonderful but hectic since we arrived home from the hospital on Monday.

Our babies entered the world on
    June 14, 2007

Jackson Aaron Kirby - 12:33 pm - 5 lb, 8 oz - 18 inches
    Jacob Wayne Kirby - 12:34 pm - 5lb, 6 oz - 18.25 inches

Both boys were born healthy, with no complications, and spent no time in the NICU!!!! I am doing well after the C-section and recovering as expected. The boys have been at our side since birth and we all came home from the hospital together.

We arrived at the hospital on June 13th, excited to meet our boys via C-section that afternoon. We had discovered low fluid on Baby A and low growth rates on both boys 2 days prior, and decided to go forth with a C-section about 10 days earlier that previously planned, after having the lungs checked for maturity through an amnio procedure. On the planned delivery day, after completing the entire surgical preparation process, the rails on the bed were raised to roll me into the operating room. However, a "grossly abnormal" EKG (heart test) stopped the entire thing at the last minute when the anesthesiologist determined she could not safely proceed with the procedure. In shock, as we had been reassured countless times prior to that point that my heart could handle the rigors of delivery, we were admitted to the hospital to wait for a cardiologist who would not show up until the following day. We had no idea what the outcome would be. What an intensely emotional time! Getting only 1.5 hours of sleep that night due to constant heart monitoring and other testing, we finally saw the cardiologist the following morning. He reviewed my case and determined that we could safely go forward with the procedure, and we were rushed to the surgical prep area for an immediate C-section. Wow! What a tumultuous ride.
    The rest of the story is pretty standard... the C-section went beautifully with no complications. Jackson was first to arrive, giving one substantial cry, then observing the world around him silently with eyes wide open (the eyes continue to be open the majority of his waking hours, but the silence is a thing of the past during late-night diaper changes... hehe). He has a head of dark hair. Jacob arrived one minute later, frantically wailing non-stop, not at all eager to open his eyes (while he does look around, he still prefers to close his eyes, but he actually doesn't cry much!). He has white-blond hair. There is no question they are fraternal-- they hardly look alike at all. In appearance and personality, they are each very unique individuals... we love them both and are having so much fun getting to know them!!
    My C-section recovery is going better than anticipated, and I am looking forward to full recovery so I can get back to a normal level of functionality after so many months of bed rest! I am glad to already be below pre-pregnancy weight-- one "benefit" of 9 months of nausea/vomiting.

Here is a link to our photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9121562@N02/

Best of luck to all of you in your pregnancies... twin pregnancy is difficult, but so completely worth it!!! We are in love with our boys to a depth I'd never imagined. :hug99: Thanks for your support throughout our journey.

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :birthday: SWEET BOYS!!!!

I am so happy for you!!! twins are so wonderful!!!!

3. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are gorgeous x

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are perfect in every way!!

5. *Lindsey*

*Lindsey* Member

Congratulations!!

6. jesstheca

jesstheca Well-Known Member

The boys are adorable!

7. drossan

drossan Active Member

Congratulations!! They are soooo cute:) Glad to hear that your doing good also.

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!!! I'm glad things are going well.

9. JenClark74

JenClark74 Active Member

Congrats! They are both so beautiful! Enjoy every minute - it will go by so fast!

10. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I'm glad everything worked out well for you :D.

11. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are adorable! I hope you are all doing well!

12. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Your boys are beautiful! I'm glad to hear you're recovering so well after your c section. Take care and thanks for sharing your pictures!

13. pink and blue mom

pink and blue mom Well-Known Member

They are beautiful. Congratulations to you and your new family! See ya in the FY!

14. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

congrats!

15. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Congrats
    Your boys are adorable!!! So glad for no NICU time and home together!! You deserve a break after all the multitude of challenges you faced. Best of luck, see you in FY.

16. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I hope you are able to get some rest! Love your description of the children and their personalities!

17. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your boys!!! Glad to hear that everyone is at home and doing well :)

18. Susiepie

Susiepie Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your beautiful new boys! They are adorable and I'm glad everything is going well! Take care!!

19. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Congratulations. They are adorable!

20. pdxpeach

pdxpeach Well-Known Member

Congrats... they are beautiful!!!!!!!

21. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Beautiful Babies
    See you on the First Year Board :)

22. belinda07

belinda07 Well-Known Member

Wow, congratulations! Your boys are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    How fascinating that they have different coloured hair!!!
    best wishes to all of you.

23. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Your boys are so handsome!

24. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

Wow! I completely forgot how tiny 5lbs is until I saw the pic of Jacob's head resting in your hand. To think my girls were a bit smaller than that. Amazing! They are gorgeous and you did a great job. Congratulations!!

Wow! I completely forgot how tiny 5lbs is until I saw the pic of Jacob's head resting in your hand. To think my girls were a bit smaller than that. Amazing! They are gorgeous and you did a great job. Congratulations!!

25. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Congratulations, and welcome Jackson and Jacob! See ya around FY! :wavey: