Jacob and Katelyn are here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by k2daho, Dec 9, 2009.

1. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Hi there ladies! My two precious babes, Jacob and Katelyn, were born by c-section last Thursday at 38 w 2 days. They were doing fine, but my cervix was closed tight with no signs of changing so I went ahead and schedule the c-section rather than an induction as I was too nervous that an induction would end in c-section anyhow.

The c-section was SO easy, I couldn't believe it! The worst part of that day was the IV being put in...the spinal was a cinch! It seemed like it went so fast and both of my babies came out screaming healthily and were BIG and healthy at 7 lbs 6 oz and 8 lbs 2 oz! The nurses and doctors were amazed!
    We went home after three nights in the hospital, and now at 6 days post-surgery I'm mostly just on Motrin for pain four times a day and I just take it easy when I need to and do the obvious things to make sure that I don't strain myself too hard. Worst part of the surgery recovering actually has been the gas and my first BM, but even those were totally manageable.

Babies are strong nursers, although a tad agressive and my nipples are SO angry with me! I sometimes dread the feedings as I know that it will hurt badly at least at the beginning if not the whole way
    through, but we are working at it and I'm determined to make it work!

Here is a pic of my little ones:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=10138984&l=992fd8ca66&id=630240573

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: :wub: Congratulations!! :wub: :wub: They are adorable!! I'm so glad to hear things went well! :hug:

3. Meg_Meg

Meg_Meg Well-Known Member

:D Yay, babies!! Congratulations!!! Gorgeous little ones :)

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :woo:

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :birthday: SWEET BABIES!!!!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Congratulations Momma! They are beautiful :wub:

7. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Congrats. Oh My. They are so beautiful :wub:

8. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! And I am WAY impressed with those weights - way to go!

9. spencersgirl

spencersgirl Active Member

Congrats! They are beautiful.

10. teamturner

teamturner Well-Known Member

Congratulations! How exciting! They are really cute.

11. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

congrats! they are beautiful!

12. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

:birthday: to your beautiful babies!!! Congrats on a job well done..... you're making feel a lot better about my own delivery in a few weeks. Keep well!!

13. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

What gorgeous little ones! Congrats, and so glad to hear everything went so well. Sorry about the sore nips, ouch! It does get better.

:birthday: :birthday:

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations

15. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They're gorgeous! Way to go on the great weights...WOW! Love those "feet" blankets; my hospital had those and I think they are so cute. :)

16. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! What great weights and beautiful babies!!!!

17. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

congratulations! use lanolin for the soreness... and if it's excruciating call the lactation consultant at your hospital to get an antibiotic nipple cream...it'll work like magic. Also, watch latch! But if you are cracked and sore even the right latch will hurt. Don't wait to get the antibiotic cream though. once you use it your nipples will heal almost overnight.

18. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Congrats! Your delivery sounds very similar to mine, and your twin on the right has the same kissy lips as my son Mark had when he was born. :)

19. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome babies, they are really cute!

20. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Your little ones are beautiful!!! Congratulations momma!! :yahoo:

21. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!

22. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm jealous of your smooth recovery of your c/s! You go girl!