January Activity Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by kingeomer, Jan 1, 2013.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Share your workouts, NSV, or whatever you want here.

Happy New Year!
    :youcandoit:

1/1-Today I am off from the gym, the hubs is working the parade today so I have no clue what time he will be home from work and our gym closes at 6. I think the kiddos and I might walk the mall.

1 person likes this.
  2. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

on my way to ride my bike for a year. oops, a mile, lol!... btw, my planter's thing is so much better, but then we went to legoland the other day and i was on my feet for 4 hours. big mistake! that set me back a bit and i'm still not ready to go back to everything i used to do. but, slowly i am doing much more than a month or so ago.... ok, sorry for the rant.

happy new year! maybe we all be much healthier, and a li'l bit happier than last year!

~~jl (who can't attach my cute photo to my ticker for some reason!)

1 person likes this.
  3. kingeomer

Thank you, jl! I wish the same for all of us too. I hope that foot starts to feel better. I have to call the foot doctor about mine. Not sure if the same old foot problem is rearing it's ugly head or that I might have hurt my achilles tendon. Dang feet!

It's hard to get a good photo for the ticker! I have a devil of a time trying to size a photo for an avatar here on TS, so no avatar because I don't feel like fighting with the computer.

1/2-60 minutes of zumba today

4. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Ladies! I've been exercising very seriously, just had no time to post, but would like to join this thread again.

here
    1/2 20 minutes cardio on hasfit.com

1 person likes this.
  5. kingeomer

:welcome: Gigantor!

1/3-60 minutes of body works class.

1 person likes this.
  6. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

1/2: 45 mintues on the bike (i think it said 13.6 miles). Right now I'm entering my food and workouts on my fitness pal, but I did not like that it only asked for time not distance for the bike.

1 person likes this.
  7. kingeomer

Lisa, I use my fitness pal too (in addition to WW) and I wish when both sites asked about activities, you could put in more info than they allow you too.

1/4-60 minutes of zumba tonight
    1/5-off tomorrow, my Mom will be up early and we are taking my DD back to the dance and then after that is preparing for the kid family party :faint:

8. ljcrochet

I discovered that my fitness pal lets you put in more info on the website.

I did 55 minutes on the bike yesterday.

1 person likes this.
  9. Gigantor

1/3 - 15 minutes insanity cardio workout (Hasfit.com)

1 person likes this.
  10. Gigantor

1/4 I took off
    1/5 Home strength training exercise (20 minutes)
    http://hasfit.com/workouts/home/strength-weight-training/strength-training-exercises/

1 person likes this.
  11. Gigantor

1/6 10 minute ultimate cardio
    10 minute lose belly fat
    5 minute flat ab exercise

25 minutes well spent (on www.hasfit.com - again :babyflips:)

1 person likes this.
  12. kingeomer

Lisa, thanks for the tip about the website. I am usually using the app on my I Pad.
    1/6- 60 minutes zumba

My workout plan for the week:
    1/7- 30 minutes on the elliptical 15 on the bike
    1/8-60 minutes step plus abs class
    1/9-60 minutes zumba
    1/10-60 minutes body works class
    1/11-60 minutes zumba
    1/12-60 minutes body works class

Hopefully all that happens for me...I will keep you posted!

2 people like this.
  13. Gigantor

1/8 - 15 minutes strenght exercise
    - 8 minutes lower ab

as always... hasfit.com :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  14. ljcrochet

1/7 45 minutes on the bike
    1/8 55 minutes on the bike

I'm restarting slowly. I'm going to check out hasfit later. I know i will only do the bike tonight. I fell off a stepladder at work this morning, twisted my ankle and banged up my knee (huge black and blue already). I stopped home to change my shoes and totally forget so i'm still in my pumps.

1 person likes this.
  15. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Last year I was working out 3-4 times a week using some Workout Apps on my tablet, that were really nice and useful, but I stopped at some point in September - when we took a vacation and I kind of slacked off, then all of a sudden November came, I decided I won't start excersising before the holidays, so I gained 6 pounds since September - and I feel and look out of shape.

I got P90X (as a Christmas present at my request) and I started it on Monday 1/7. That thing is so cool, I am annoyed I didn't get it sooner, I must have been living under a rock, I just discovered it last month, I realize now it's been around since 2007 and it's very popular. For those of you who are just like me, P90X is a workout DVD program that is supposed to reshape your body in 90 days - based on the idea of muscle confusion, each day you do a different excersise - it comes with 12 DVDs. It comes with a nutrition plan also, but I don't plan to follow that, I think just working out and eating healthy in general and cutting down sweets should be OK for me. Each muscle in my body aches and I am only on day 3 :). I am posting here hoping this would motivate me even more to keep going. It's at least an hour a day so I have been waking up earlier to do it, just like when I was working out last year. You have to do it 6 days a week, that is more than I was doing before but I want to push myself.

So that's my thing, I will try to keep you guys posted. Have fun everyone!

1 person likes this.
  16. kingeomer

Lisa, I hope your knee is feeling better :hug:
    :welcome: Monica...your review of p90x sounds like everything I've heard about it. Tough but good. Wish you all the best on it and keep us posted!

1 person likes this.
  17. Gigantor

1/10 Hasfit - warrior 20 minutes workout (part 1)

1 person likes this.
  18. Gigantor

1/11 - off
    1/12 - 15 minutes sweat is fat crying workout, then 8 minutes lower ab exercise
    1/13 - 20 minutes ultimate fitness workout

1 person likes this.
  19. kingeomer

Update on this week...
    It was hard but I did stick to my workout plan for the week.
    1/13-60 minutes of zumba
    1/14-this day might be my day off, if it isn't, then it will be 45 minutes at the gym doing an elliptical and bike combo
    1/15-60 minutes step circuit class
    1/16-if Monday is not my day off then today will be, if Monday is the day off, then today will be Monday's workout.
    1/17-body works plus abs class
    1/18-60 minutes zumba
    1/19-60 minutes elliptical and bike

1 person likes this.
  20. Gigantor

1/14 10 minutes weight loss exercise
    10 minutes jump rope
    6 minutes killer abs

i'm dying-:)

i will go back to my Sunday activities as of january 27th...i do mud run training..it's an hour, very tough and I will do the tough mudder in pa this coming june...wish me luck

1 person likes this.
  21. kingeomer

Where in PA? I :bow2: to you for doing the tough mudder!

Update on my weekly schedule-yesterday was my day off, so Wednesday will be a workout day.

1 person likes this.
  22. Gigantor

1/16 Look good naked - 20 minutes
    5 minutes push ups and crunches circuit

1 person likes this.
  23. Gigantor

1/17 - 20 minutes warrior fit exercise + ab crunches

1 person likes this.
  24. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hello ladies! I was wondering if I can join you in here?

I started back exercising this week. Starting slow, I have knee problems and if I do too much too fast I know I'll be hobbling. Mon and Wed I did Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD for 30 mins each time.

My plan right now is to do that m/w/f, and after a couple of weeks start doing something else t/th. I like that hasfit site so I might start pulling stuff from there! :D

1 person likes this.
  25. kingeomer

:welcome: Danielle! We would love to have you here!

Just to update: Wednesday, I did 40 minutes of kickboxing.
    Thursday was the same as I planned, body works class
    Today will be an hour of zumba.

1 person likes this.
  26. ljcrochet

i totally forgot to update here. I did 40-50 minutes on the bike every day this week. (i need more mindless reading for when I'm on the bike). Once my basement is put back together I can start more intense workouts.

3 people like this.
  27. Gigantor

:welcome: Danibell! It's so nice to have you here with us! I'm very happy you checked out hasfit.com, I think you will like it and find exercises you will like.

Today I did 15 minutes inferno fat burning then 6 minutes flat abs

1 person likes this.
  28. kingeomer

Saturday-40 minutes on the elliptical and 20 on the bike
    Sunday-60 minutes of zumba.

1 person likes this.
  29. Gigantor

1/19 - off day
    1/20 - 15 minutes sweat is fat crying + 7 minutes flat abs

1 person likes this.
  30. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Argh. I am feeling very disheartened this week (well, month actually). I have been consistently working out since my first workout (11/26) and I am not seeing ANY results. I did only do 2-3 workouts a week for the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas, but I have really been sticking to 5 days a week. My weight this morning was the same as the day I started.

I've gotta change something. Instead of just running my butt off (literally), I started doing 30 minutes weights followed by 30 minutes of cardio this week. I really need to build muscle, plus it burns more calories than fat. I know I need to drink more water every day. And I have to stop eating my kids' food. I don't actually sit down and eat a meal... most days I eat the kids leftovers instead of wasting them. I thought that since I wasn't eating a lot it wouldn't be that bad, but it isn't working. So, we will see how these 3 changes help.

1/14 - 55 minutes jogging (4.4 miles)
    1/15 - 55 minutes jogging (4.4 miles)
    1/16 - off
    1/17 - 30 minutes weights (legs), 30 minutes jogging (2.5 miles), 15 minutes abs
    1/18 - off
    1/19 - 30 minutes weights (arms), 30 minutes jogging (2.5 miles), 15 minutes abs
    1/20 - 30 minutes weights (legs), 30 minutes jogging (2.5 miles), 15 minutes abs

Starting weight - 150.4 lbs
    Goal weight - 135 lbs

1 person likes this.
  31. kingeomer

Meagan, I am so sorry that you are feeling discouraged. Do you track your food? I wonder if that will help. I hope the changes you make work. It is so frustrating when you are working hard and not seeing the results you want. Keep us posted with how you are doing.

ETA to with workout plan for the week
    1/21-40 minutes of dance workout on demand
    This week is my husbands late week at work, so I have to take the workouts day by day...but here is the goal:
    1/22-get up early and do an hour at the gym 45 minutes elliptical and 15 on the bike
    1/23-the same as 1/22. I am supposed to meet a friend for breakfast, so once I figure out what time we are meeting, gym will either be in the AM or PM
    1/24-60 minutes body works class
    1/25-60 minutes zumba

1 person likes this.
  32. Gigantor

1/21 - 15 minutes insanity cardio workout + 8 minutes bootcamp style workout + 8 minutes lower ab exercise

1 person likes this.
  33. Gigantor

1/22 - warrior 20 minutes workout, advanced HIIT + 10 minutes total body workout + 5 minutes flat ab workout

1/23 - day off

1 person likes this.
  34. Gigantor

1/24 - 20 minutes warrior workout, HIIT

1 person likes this.
  35. kingeomer

My update for this week:
    1/23-33 minutes on the precor (weight loss mode) and 27 on the bike
    1/24-I took the day off
    1/25-Was going to do zumba class this evening but it's supposed to snow, I am going to the gym this morning and do an hour of elliptical and bike combo.

2 people like this.