Jesslyn wants to be called...

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by TwinxesMom, May 5, 2012.

1. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jessa now. I call her a bit of everything. Jessalyn, Jesslee, Jess, jessy, Jessa, jessysue, and jessjess. Today she told me shed rather be called Jessa. Not sure if it's a phase or if she's serious. I told her she can choose to go by what ever short name she wants to. Any one else experience this?

2. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

My son who is older(almost 14ys old) name is Christopher and wants to be called Chris, he started asking a few years ago not to be called Christopher:( I still do from time to time but mostly call him Chris! Fun, Fun:)

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

She is primarily called jessy previous to this. I think it's because some boys are called jesse

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I remember being about 10 or so and asking family members & friends to call me Kate instead of Katie. They are just growing up and liking their own things. I remember thinking Kate sounded more grown up. Nobody is allowed to call me by my full name except my Dad, though, even now!

5. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

We called DD1 by a nickname for years.....she started 1st grade and then wanted to go by her full name. (another little girl had the same Nickname and she wanted her 'own' name)

6. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

Isabel wanted to be called Izzie this year, but only because she has an "Isabella, which goes by Isabel" and a "Bella" in her class.

7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Alice asked to be called by her middle name last week. For three days until she finally forgot or gave up on us. So this will probably come around again, eh?

I have to admit, I really dig the name Jessa. :)

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My sister!!! She was Jennie growing up, but in middle school (grades 6+) she wanted to be called Jennifer. VERY hard for me. She hated the name Jennie at that point. In college her name got shortened to Jen and that is the way it's been ever since. Very common and I think that is a very pretty nickname.