Jon & Kate + 8 season premiere tonight!

Discussion in 'General' started by first_second_and_last, Oct 2, 2007.

1. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Woohoo! It's finally here. A new season of Jon & Kate +8. I love them. I think it's because I feel like I'm like Kate.

They were on the Today show and it was hysterical. It was about 5-7 minutes long. All of the kids were so well-behaved at first and then by the end it was so funny. One had her shoe off, one was slumped on the floor, etc.

They seem to be doing well and working on their communication with each other.

I can't wait to get some new tips from Kate on organization this season! :banana:

2. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

I love this show... did they do more than 4 shows last season? I only saw a few of them!

3. NatalieK

NatalieK Well-Known Member

I'm also thrilled! I already have it set to be recorded. :) Kate's organization always motivates me and watching all of the kids at once makes me feel like "Okay if she can handle 8, I can handle 3!" This is easily my favorite show.

4. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Erykah @ Oct 2 2007, 05:33 PM) [snapback]432688[/snapback]
    I love this show... did they do more than 4 shows last season? I only saw a few of them!

I think there were like 6-8 maybe? Sadly, I think I remember most of them:

Cleaning lady
    Pumpkin patch
    Garage shelving
    Amercian girl
    Jon's bday

5. Joanna831

Joanna831 Well-Known Member

I watch this show. i have seen every episode so far.

Season one had 8 episodes.

10 Little Pumpkins (going to a pumpkin patch)
    Housekeeper Hunt (Kate interviews potential housekeepers)
    Gosselins Go West (Jon, Kate, and the twins go on a trip to speak at a church in the West and the kids stay with family friends)
    Garage Makeover (Kate's brother and Jon give the garage makeover)
    Twins Turn 6 (Twins turn 6 and get a trip to American Girl Place)
    Pancakes and Potties (The traditional Satarday pancake breakfast and potty training the girls)
    Jon Turns 30 (Kate throws Jon a surprise 30th Bday party and gives him a surprise trip to Florida)
    Shopping for 10 (How to shop for Christmas in a family of 10)

Season two will have 10 episodes. Here is a list with the summaries from a website, can't remember which one.

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Sextuplets Turn 3!
    The sextuplets are turning 3 and the Gosselins are celebrating in true Gosselin style. Super-organized Kate is planning an amazing carnival themed bash, complete with carnival games, hot dogs, popcorn, funnel cake, a clown and even ponies! How will the sextuplets react to such an extravaganza?

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Breakfast in Bed
    Mother's Day is here, which means that Jon and the kids work together to give Kate a much-deserved break. Jon prepares a luxurious breakfast in bed while trying to keep the kids from waking their sleeping mom. Kate's pampering continues with a pedicure at the spa. If only Mother's Day came around more often!

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Gosselins Go Dutch
    With all eight kids in tow, Jon and Kate visit a local amusement park, Dutch Wonderland. The sextuplets experience their first ride and learn that roller coasters may not be to everyone's taste. Throw in one twin who refuses to have a good time and the obstacles seem insurmountable. But all in all this is a successful family fun day-no small feat!

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Sextuplets' First Dentist Visit
    Even adults don't like going to the dentist. So major drama is expected when ALL the Gosselin kids spend the afternoon getting their teeth examined. The sextuplets react incredibly well until the bravest of the group has a total meltdown.

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Red, White, & Gosselin
    July Fourth is the Gosselins' favorite summer holiday. Starting with a local parade, followed by a picnic lunch and finally some time in the pool, this day is sure to be packed with fun ... until the weather decides to not cooperate and puts a chilly damper on the activities.

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Sugar Rush
    When Jon has to work late and cancel his weekend trip to the country with the guys, the Gosselins rally the kids for a fun alternate plan involving everyone's favorite-chocolate! A day at Chocolate World should be a riot for the kids, but how will Jon and Kate control their sugar-saturated brood?

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: A Cow Purchase
    We know the Gosselins like to buy things in bulk, so it makes sense that when they want to buy beef, they go buy half a cow! And to show the kids exactly where their food comes from, Jon and Kate take them to Natural Acres, a nearby organic farm, for a field trip like no other.

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Sara Snow Visits!
    Two of Discovery Health's most entertaining women are teaming up!
    Courageous mother of twins and sextuplets Kate Gosselin is getting the chance to meet one of her idols, green living expert Sara Snow. Kate, who realizes the importance of cooking and eating organically, is constantly looking for new ways to do this in an economical way. A family of 10 can leave a lot of environmental footprints, but with Sara Snow's help, the Gosselin family will be able to limit their energy consumption, reduce their waste, eat better and live healthier.

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: Babies & Bedrooms
    Once again, the Gosselins have outgrown their house, so it's time to renovate! They convert their attic into a new bedroom for the twins and separate the girls from the boys. Plus, no more cribs for the sextuplets-it's time for big-kid beds. How will they do being separated for the first time, and how will they adjust to their new accommodations?

JON AND KATE PLUS 8: A Day at the Zoo
    It's a Gosselin day at the zoo! Sure, Jon and Kate feel like their life is already a zoo, but the kids are excited to learn they're off to Pittsburgh to see zebras, elephants, polar bears and who knows what else. But it will be a long day away from home for the family... how will everyone hold up without naps?

And the Today show was SO cute too.

6. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

I love this show!!! I hope it comes back on TLC because I dont get discovery health.

Tiffaney

7. Lilpark

Lilpark Well-Known Member

Let me know if you guys here its coming back to TLC......thanks.

8. kdoleva

kdoleva Well-Known Member

Look for me in the 4th of July episode. Jon and I went to high school together so I have known him and his family for a long time! The 4th of July parade is a big deal for a small town and I was there and talking to Jon and two of the boys while the camera crew was there.

(Not that you all know what I look like) ;)

9. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

I also love this show, they are amazing people and they have such a beautiful family. I'm not sure if any of you will know this or not but I thought I'd ask fellow watchers. :) Are the twins ID? I know they had assistance getting pregnant, but every time I see a clip of the twins they look so much alike.

10. Joanna831

Joanna831 Well-Known Member

No, Cara and Mady are fraternal.

I have heard a lot of people have trouble telling them apart, but I think they look very different.

11. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

I LOVE this show. In fact, I watched both new episodes this morning (I DVR'ed them last night). It is amazing how she handles all 8 kids!!

12. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I havn't heard of that show,is it the family that had 5yo twins and then sex tuplets? I saw a documentary on them on discovery or something a while ago...

13. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

I started watching some episodes last year and got hooked out of sheer fascination/awe. It was a wonderful reminder to stop whinning when things were complicated or logistics kept me from being as free-spirited as my friends with singletons.

Am I the only one who is absolutely DISGUSTED with the way this woman speaks to/treats her husband? At first I really liked her b/c she seemed so personable (loved that she flashed her multiples belly on nat'l tv); but after catching a few episodes, I just couldn't stomach her disrespect to Jon. 8 kids or not, you still should be civil to your partner!

14. TwinMama6

Yeah,I do remember the 'attitude' from the ducumentary and she said they were like that with each other but havn't seen any episodes so I don't know...

15. TwinMama6

Oh,is there a link or a clip you could post? I remember when they went to pick out their xmas tree and she freaked out cuz she couldn't get 'the perfect' photo of them all! LOL!

16. TwinMama6

17. Holdentwins

Holdentwins Well-Known Member

I look forward to this show so much-- maybe it makes us feel more "normal" lol
    My husband and i could totally be friends with them-- we act the same way! lol
    i enjoyed the episode this week about jon and kate -- in the beginning. it was fun to get to know them better pre-kids

18. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I LOVE their show!! It's nice to see someone else crazy about kids getting their clothes dirty and always wearing bibs. :blush: I have this week's show recorded still, I need to watch it.

19. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I enjoy this show too. The kids are all so cute and I love watching them grow up.
    I even know who is who ! :D (although Alexis and Leah get me confused alot)

20. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

i LOVE this show too! makes me feel sane :) i don't know how they do it...and i think they are doing a fine job so far.

21. kcole

kcole Well-Known Member

I love it, too - Monday nights @ 8 are Mommy time! I, too, liked this weeks episode. It was really weird to see Kate so young and she acted completely different pre-kids (didn't we all :p )! But it was good to show their relationship since sometimes we don't get to see that in their day-to-day lives. If someone were to come in and see me and DH sometimes they would really worry!

22. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I love it too!

She does stress over a few little things, but I guess thats normal... I find myself doing it too sometimes!!

23. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I love Jon and Kate!

I knew Jon was young when they had the kids, but I didn't realize how young. I think they are doing fabulously!

24. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

OK, the hair plugs episode squicked me out though.

25. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I missed the hair plug episode...was it from last week or a long time ago???? is it new?

26. Holdentwins

Holdentwins Well-Known Member

its a newer one-- within the past few weeks-- it was GROSS!!! I had NO idea what went into that procedure!!

27. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

I use to love watching this show, but now we don't get cable! :( :cray:

28. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

I got hooked when I was pumping every 2 hrs and had to stare at something for 20 min… now it is set to record on my TiVo… the funny thing… my 10 year old son secretly like to watch it with me…shhhh
    Elizabeth

29. Erineliza

Erineliza Well-Known Member

I love that show too! I talk to people about it all the time. It makes me feel as if I can do anything with the twins if they can do all they do with eight. I DVR it every week so I don't miss an episode!

30. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

My kids will be 4 in feb. They have not worn a bib since passed 2. I wish they would have, but they kept ripping them off. I learned to deal with messy shirts, and when it came time for really messy stuff, off went the shirts.

Im not knocking anyone who does this, but in a way, I dont get it. My kids are 3.5 and are fairly good at eating now. Yes, they spill sometimes, but they use forks and spoons and eat over the plate when asked.

SHE STILL HAS HER 4 YEAR OLDS IN BIBS!!! To me it looks so rediculous that a child that big has one....she is unreal with the analness about being clean.

I cant imagine being in her shoes, and I am not judging her, but it just looks so rediculous to me....

Sorry had to get that out.

And this is no way a bashing thread. What she does with 8 kids every day is amazing.

31. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Mine are almost 4 and still wear bibs. Andrew is a fairly messy eater. Somehow he manages to spill something at every meal! I don't think there is any point to staining clothes if I don't have to. They don't wear them at preschool or anything, but at home I don't see what the problem is. I spend a lot of money on their clothes and I like them to be worn as much as possible without being ruined. I let my kids get dirty, messy, etc. but bibs are a pretty simple way to avoid ruining their clothes and it's not harming them. So I can't fault her for letting her SIX 4 year olds wear bibs. That's ALOT of laundry!

32. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine don't wear them often anymore, but if we are having something really messy, they will wear them.

33. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I just strip my kids for meals because bibs + my kids = disaster. Then again if I had 6 little ones.... nah I'd probably still strip them.

34. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

I think I'd make my Dh wear a bib if I could! :crazy:

35. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The bibs are the least of it.

The show is pretty much scripted these days.