July Activity Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by kingeomer, Jul 1, 2013.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:youcandoit: Great job in June ladies!

On to July! Share your workouts, goals, inspirations or struggles here!

Today is a walk with the kids and has fit 20 minute warrior work out part 3.

1 person likes this.
  2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've got boot camp today and then body pump on Wednesday and Friday this week.

2 people like this.
  3. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I started the very last week of Insanity. I will definitely re-do the whole program and maybe go on a moderate diet. Just to firm up the last bit of it...after the second 60 days I may order T25...
    How is everyone doing on their exercise regime?

1 person likes this.
  4. kingeomer

I'm doing better with mine. I can't say that I can do a complete correct push up, but having done has fit, I'm improving-I can get my body further then what I have before. Burpees, I used to cuss Coach Kozak out about them-but I am finding them easier to do even though they leave me winded. I like doing the has fit workouts and having a program because I won't go the gym and do weights and abs on my own, I will either do them in a class or not at all. So having some kind of program like has fit has definitely helped me be more consistent with that.

Yesterday, the kids and I could not take a walk because it was raining (that seems to be the story of this year's summer) so I did the has fit interval walk/jog around the house instead.
    Today is has fit week 10 day 1 and my step circuit class.

1 person likes this.
  5. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Today I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 40 minutes of weights, focusing on arms and back.

I have to take a minute to brag on my brother though. He completed his 100 mile trail run (with an insane amount of evelation gains and drops, even a river crossing with the water about chest/shoulder high) in 22.5 hours. He finished in 52nd place overall, not sure about his age group though. I'm still in total awe of what he was able to do, and it has definitely been the kick in the pants I needed to work on my fitness! The man who won this race (Western States Endurance Run - if you want to google it), won it in about 15 hours and 17 minutes. Totally insane!

I'd love to get to the point where I could brag on myself about something that amazing! :)

Thanks for letting me brag! I'm trying really hard to not brag about him in real life, but feel like I'm about to bust from keeping it in! Lol!

2 people like this.
  6. kingeomer

:yahoo: to your brother, Kristi! Brag away!

Today is has fit week 10 day 2 (the 20 minute aerobics and 20 minutes of weights) and probably a walk around the neighborhood with the kids.

7. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kristi: feel free to brag about your brother. That is amazing.

I have been doing hasfit with dh, only problem is DH hurt is back right before we went away, and did something to his wrist. So yesterday during the day when he told me he didn't feel up to hasfit, i said either i would go for a run, or do the bike. He talked me into doing the bike. 60 minutes on the exercise bike.

1 person likes this.
  8. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kristi-that's amazing your brother did that!! I am in awe at people that have that type of endurance.

I've got to get my booty in check-going on vacation at the end of August and want to feel comfortable in a swim suit:)

1 person likes this.
  9. threebecamefive

Thanks, ladies. I'm a proud sister!

This morning I did cardio and weights - focused on legs today.

1 person likes this.
  10. ljcrochet

Wednesday I did a 2 mile run/walk.
    Thursday 30 minute hasfit cardio kickboxing.

I wonder today if i can do both the has fit (i think it is 2 weight workouts - chest, back , biceps and triceps probably shoulders) and go for another run.

1 person likes this.
  11. kingeomer

Thursday, I did the has fit 30 minute ultimate warrior workout and 25 minute walk around the neighborhood with the kids
    Today is my day off from both has fit and the gym.

12. Gigantor

Kristi, congrats to your brother! That is some major achievement!
    Ladies, I finished the 60 day Insanity program. I loved, loved, loved it.
    I will do small, recovery exercises next week then I'll re-start the program or order T25. Haven't decided yet...
    I hope everyone had and having a great 4th of July weekend (mine is a 4 day long one)

1 person likes this.
  13. ljcrochet

Yesterday I did hasfit week 9 day 1 And a 2 mile run/walk in the hot humid outside.

1 person likes this.
  14. threebecamefive

I went to the gym and did cardio and weights.

1 person likes this.
  15. kingeomer

Yesterday was has fit week 10 day 5 and 40 minutes elliptical/bike
    Today is has fit week 10 day 6 and zumba class

16. ljcrochet

[​IMG]Saturday hasfit week 9 day 2Sunday hasfit week 9 day 3.

1 person likes this.
  17. kingeomer

Today is has fit week 11 day 1 and probably the gym for 35 minutes.

1 person likes this.
  18. Gigantor

Recovery week for me, still do a 35 minute cardio balance exercise every day.

1 person likes this.
  19. kingeomer

Yesterday was a day off for me.
    Today is has fit week 11 day 2 and a workout at the gym.

20. ljcrochet

yesterday was hasfit week 9 day 6.
    Today I'm taking day off from hasfit, if my knee feels better I'm going to try and get a run in, otherwise I'm taking the day off. Right now my knee is throbbing.

21. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm here! I've fallen off and on. But I'm back. For a few days anyways...Aruba is next week!

So I realized I was working out at home(hasfit, whatever), and doing it half ***, or not at all. SIL gets married in September so I need to be working out, and watching what I eat. Well the eating went to crap, but I still got to the gym and did my sprints when I could.

I signed up with a trainer at the gym. This was week three today. I also signed up for her eight week boot camp as well. So two days a week working my tail off with the trainer and then three or four days on my own. I actually am looking forward to coming back from Aruba(because face it, I will be lucky if I take my arse off a beach chair. ;) ) and working out like crazy and watching everything I eat. :)

Ten pounds. I just want ten pounds gone. Ok. Maybe 15. ;)

1 person likes this.
  22. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

We started Insanity on Monday! I am incredibly inactive and a hate working out, so it is a cruel form of torture for me.

I made it through all of the fitness test, through all of day 1, and then only lasted 15 minutes last night. :( I'm SO SORE! Paul has gotten through all of the work outs so far.

Did you do yours daily or did you take days off? Were you already moderately fit?

I've just never liked working out and I don't think I ever will. I think it's always going to be something that just has to be done rather than something I enjoy. :unknw:

1 person likes this.
  23. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I forgot to check in here in a while. I started Insanity 3 weeks ago - so I am at week 3. I like it a lot. As a testament of how good P90X was - I took a 1 month break in between - vacation, Memorial Day - kids got sick, I got sick. So after 1 month of eating normal and not working out at all, on the day that I started Insanity I weighed only 1 pound more than on the day that I finished P90X.

I kind of slacked off the last 2 days and I didn't do it, so I am writing it here in hopes that will motivate me to keep going. Insanity seems like a great work out also, and it's easier being that each session is not as long as P90X. Stephanie, I am glad to hear you started it as well. When I skip a day (or two) I make up for it by doing 2 workouts the next day - so per week, I do the same number of workouts as if I did it daily. Have fun with it.

1 person likes this.
  24. kingeomer

:welcome: Stephanie!

Today, I did has fit week 11 day 3 and 40 minutes at the gym (stationary bike and precor machine).
    Tomorrow is zumba class and has fit day off.

25. ljcrochet

Today I got dh to run outside with me for a half hour. Then we did the week 10 day 1 abs from hasfit.

1 person likes this.
  26. kingeomer

Yesterday-40 minutes of elliptical
    Today-has fit week 11 day 6 and zumba class

27. threebecamefive

I have forgotten to post for a few days. Oops! Yesterday I took the dogs for a 2 mile walk in the hills. Today will do the same. Tomorrow will be the gym for cardio and weights.

1 person likes this.
  28. kingeomer

Today is has fit week 11 day 6 (I think) and a 25 minute salsa video on you tube.

29. ljcrochet

last night was hasfit week 10 day 2. Wound up taking an unscheduled day off on Sunday. We went with a friend to a local amusment park, figured we would work out after, but wound up at their house for swimming and a BBQ. Didn't get home till after 9:30 and was too beat to first work out.

30. kingeomer

Today is has fit week 12 day 1 and tomorrow will be has fit week 12 day 2.

31. ljcrochet

Just finished hasfit week 10 day 3

32. ljcrochet

last night did hasfit week 10 week 5

1 person likes this.
  33. kingeomer

Yesterday was has fit week 12 day 3 and elliptical and bike combo.
    Today is a day off from has fit and zumba class

34. ljcrochet

tonight was hasfit week 10 day 6.

35. kingeomer

Saturday-hasfit week 12 day 4 (30 minute ultimate warrior/30 minute body strength)
    Sunday-day off
    Today-has fit week 12 day 5 and either a walk outside with the kids (depending on the weather) or a you tube workout video.