July Daily Activity Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by AimeeThomp, Jul 6, 2011.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi ladies! :wavey:

Instead of the consecutive days in a row thread, let's do a daily check-in for the rest of this month! If you do any exercise or are active - whatever being active means to you - post it in this thread! We can use this thread to keep ourselves accountable and to celebrate how great we are doing!

2. AimeeThomp

So this morning I went to the gym and then this evening I ran 2 miles on the treadmill. I want to try working out twice a day and see if it helps. I need to ramp up my weight loss. This is taking forever.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I posted in the other thread, but I'm gonna post here too. :)

I am up to six minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes on the stationary bike. Plus about 11 blocks walk to and from the bus.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I posted in the other thread too. I did 30 minutes Leslie Sansome walking workout on demand and 35 minutes on the elliptical.

When we go on vacation, I am going to try to walk every day. I was thinking of renting a bike but then again, I have not rode a bike since I was 13 and figured that vacation was not the best time to start.

5. becasquared

Dammit, nothing today aside from walking to and from the bus stop.

1 person likes this.
  6. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

nancy, we live right by a bike path that's just been renovated, so i got a new bike and now i am loving riding on it! just wanted to share so maybe you'll be inspired to go back to 13;)... btw, i meant to tell you--hungry girl has her own tv show! lemme know if you want me to look up when it's on. i can't recall.

and btw, LOVE this thread! i am sucking in the food dept but still trying to work out a whole bunch.... today i rode my bike down to the marina and back--about 11 miles.

:), jl

1 person likes this.
  7. kingeomer

:woman: jl!!! I have seen the hungry girl show and tried her volumized oatmeal (very good, btw). I love hungry girl!!! I keep telling DH that I want a cruiser bike with a basket like Angela Lansbury in the beginning of Murder She Wrote...that bike was seriously awesome :blush:
    Bex, walking to and from the bus stop in this heat definitely counts!

I did 60 minutes of Billy Blanks, Jr Cardio Dance on demand.

8. AimeeThomp

I'm such a slacker! I was so tired today that I didn't do anything. I will be back with it tomorrow though!

1 person likes this.
  9. happychck

17 miles on the bike today! 5 miles down to the beach and then along it for another 3-4. whew! that was tiring today...

nancy, i'm glad you've seen the show. i first looked at her website because you'd mentioned it:).

have a great weekend, all!

jl

1 person likes this.
  10. kingeomer

:bow2: jl!!

Yesterday I did an hour of cleaning and 35 minute walk
    Today, going to the gym and doing an hour on the elliptical.

11. becasquared

No gym today, had/have meetings. Boo.

But I'll be walking to and from the bus stop.

1 person likes this.
  12. AimeeThomp

Saturday I walked outside with Cooper in the jogging stroller. It was only 1 mile b/c it was so freaking hot I could only stand it for so long.

Yesterday I took the day off.

This morning I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Wow it was tough! At nap time this afternoon I am going to run 2 miles on the treadmill.

1 person likes this.
  13. kingeomer

Yesterday, we walked around Sesame Place for about 90 minutes, so I don't know if that counts or not. Walking with my kids is slow going.
    Today, I did a kickbox workout and walking workout on demand.

14. happychck

i didn't get to post over the weekend but on saturday i did weights for a half hour and elliptical a half hour. yesterday i did elliptical half hour and then bball for a half hour. whew! 5 out of the past 6 weeks i've worked out hours/week or more... i sure wish that would show up on the scale...

jl

1 person likes this.
  15. happychck

this morning i went to a boot camp class, but i didn't think the instructor was that hard on us so i did 3 miles on the elliptical afterwards.

jl

1 person likes this.
  16. kingeomer

I did 35 minutes of Jillian Michaels 6 Pack Abs Week 1 and 20 minutes of Cardio Slimdown on demand.

17. AimeeThomp

Yesterday I did 10 minutes walking around the track (warmup) 30 minutes strength training, 15 minutes precor climber, 15 minutes stationary bike, 10 minutes stairmill.

Then I came home and at nap time I did 2 miles on the treadmill. 1 mile running, 1 mile walking.

1 person likes this.
  18. happychck

that's so awesome that you can w/o during nap time! i'm always afriad i'll wake someone up:). wtg!

jl

19. AimeeThomp

Today I did 10 minutes walking around the track to warm up, strength training, 10 minutes stairmaster and 15 minutes precor climber. I would do more at home but DH is in my way. Maybe tonight I can squeeze in some treadmill time.

1 person likes this.
  20. happychck

yesterday i did weights and 3 miles on the ellpitical at the gym. today i rode my bike for an hour.

jl

1 person likes this.
  21. kingeomer

:woo: Aimee and jl!!!

Yesterday, I did a 20 minute walking workout on demand and 40 minutes on the elliptical and today was 60 minutes on the elliptical.

1 person likes this.
  22. AimeeThomp

This morning I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and a 10 minute pilates on demand. I am going to run 2 miles at nap time.

23. happychck

wtg, aimee and nance!

today i did 50 mins on the elliptical and a few weights machines.

have a great weekend, everybody! i'll be dealing w/"carmageddon" over here so i'll be either riding my bike or jogging--no gym!

:), jl

1 person likes this.
  24. happychck

rode my bike for an hour today.

~~jl

25. AimeeThomp

Yesterday I took a circuit class at the gym. It was 1 hour total and it was a combination of step aerobics and strength training. It was really tough! I looked like I'd taken a shower afterward, but it was sweat. :bad:

It killed my ankles. Next time I'll have to wear ankle braces b/c all the lunges off the step wore them out. So I'm taking today off.

1 hour on the bike is great JL!

26. happychck

hi, ladies!

on tuesday i took a boot camp class for an hour. yesterday i i did the elliptical for an hour and then 30 mins of machines. today i will ride my bike down to the beach for an hour... why is it i can work out so much but can't control what i eat at all?! yesterday i ate a WHOLE bag of popcorn!! sigh....

~~jl

1 person likes this.
  27. AimeeThomp

My week so far:

Monday - workout videos here at home
    Tuesday - off
    Wed - gym
    Today - gym

28. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

You're doing great!

Here is my week:

Monday - Gilad total body sculpting in the morning, jogging 10 minutes at night
    Tuesday - combined workout for 30 minutes, ab crunches for 10 minutes
    Wednesday - 1 mile run then ab excersice for 15 min.
    Thursday - Gilad total body sculpting then ab workout for 10 min, 5 min with sport hulahoop

1 person likes this.
  29. happychck

taking yesterday and today off--as i got a mild concussion yesterday! but, i am planning on riding my bike to boot camp tomorrow. should be interesting--my boot camp teacher is doing her own "surf and turf" thing where we work out on the shore and on the ground at a park.... wish me luck!

jl

1 person likes this.
  30. kingeomer

Good luck jl! I hope you are feeling better too!

I was on vacation last week, so everyday-Sunday (17th) to Friday (the 22nd)...DH and I took a 30 min walk in the morning and then another 30 min walk on the beach. I took yesterday off and today, I plan on hitting the gym and doing the elliptical for an hour.

31. AimeeThomp

GL JL!!

Glad to see you back Nancy. :)

Today I did 10 minutes walking, 30 minutes weights, 20 minutes elliptical.

1 person likes this.
  32. kingeomer

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical & 15 minutes on the bike.

1 person likes this.
  33. happychck

i made it through boot camp! it was pretty fun, though i tried not to work it too hard. i also didn't ride my bike there (it's about 5 miles away) cuz i wanted to take it a little easy... today i worked at my boys' preschool and we went to the park. i stayed active and ran around w/them for about 40 mins. then i got to o hot;).

~~jl

1 person likes this.
  34. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I ran 10 minutes today, then did weight excercise, push ups, intensive squats and then ab crunches.

1 person likes this.
  35. AimeeThomp

I am so sore today!

I did 15 minutes walking around the track
    30 minutes elliptical
    15 minutes stationary bike
    10 minutes stair climber

1 person likes this.