Just a couple questions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Ericka B, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

First I want to thank you ladies. Every other site I have ever posted on it seems like nobody ever answers me. I was beginning to take it a little personal. Anyway I went to the Dr. today and they ordered an u/s for me on Monday. I have to go to my hospital to get it. They did hear both heartbeats they were 160 and 152. I also gained 10lbs. oops! I'm happy because I finally got to talk to a midwife that answered a lot of my questions, well at least the ones I didn't forget the minute I walked in. I have to have my quad screen next week. They also told me after I go for my u/s I will have to go for a different one, what's that? Just out of curiosity when did every one start feeling thier babies move. I can't really tell if I have but I'm wondering when you really feel them? Thanks again everyone

2. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

First I want to thank you ladies. Every other site I have ever posted on it seems like nobody ever answers me. I was beginning to take it a little personal. Anyway I went to the Dr. today and they ordered an u/s for me on Monday. I have to go to my hospital to get it. They did hear both heartbeats they were 160 and 152. I also gained 10lbs. oops! I'm happy because I finally got to talk to a midwife that answered a lot of my questions, well at least the ones I didn't forget the minute I walked in. I have to have my quad screen next week. They also told me after I go for my u/s I will have to go for a different one, what's that? Just out of curiosity when did every one start feeling thier babies move. I can't really tell if I have but I'm wondering when you really feel them? Thanks again everyone

3. Mandy M.

Mandy M. Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got to hear those heartbeats! That's wonderful! And dont' worry about the weight gain! Your body needs it.
    I couldn't feel the babies until 20 weeks!!!

4. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

The diffrent sonogram (U/S) that you'll be having is probably a level 2. At a level 2 U/S they'll check your babies anatomy. and then you'll probably have another level two every 4 weeks to track their growth. I had my first level 2 at 20 weeks, and that is when I found out the sex of my twins.

I started feeling my babies at 16 weeks. But I didn't realize it was them i was feeling for another few weeks.

as for weight gain. You only need to be concerned if your OB is concerned. Otherwise don't stress about it.

Congrats on your twins and welcome to TS.

5. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

Congrats on all your good appointments. I felt my boy kicking much earlier than I thought I would. I asked the doctor, and she said it probably wasn't him...but when she did the ultrasound she said that he was positioned in such a way that it was very likely it was him (around 14 weeks). I only recently started feeling my girl kick...but it's still faint.

I didn't gain any weight for 3 months, and then boom! I gained 10 pounds in a month. And then 5 more the next month. I definitely caught up with the weight gain curve, but my doctor did not care at all. She is so laid back--I love it. With my last pregnancy my doctor would lecture me if I gained too much in a month, and I always felt so guilty! This time around I don't really care to be honest. I try to be reasonable, and if I gain miss piggy status, oh well. I've got other things to worry about currently.

6. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I don't think I have had a chance to welcome you to Twinstuff so congratulations and welcome.

I was thinking they probably meant a Level II u/s also. Basically an u/s done with a more technical machine that can give more info on the health of the babies and their growth. I loved going to mine, it was so reassuring to see them.

I felt my first movement at 20 weeks and nothing consistant until about weeks 22-23.

I look forward to getting to know you!

7. cajuntwinmom

cajuntwinmom Well-Known Member

I first felt mine move around 17-18 weeks, but started to be very consistant and you could see the little kicks around 21 weeks...

I remember sitting in the dentists office with DH and I was about 21 weeks and I put his hand on my belly where one was kicking and he felt it and then you could see that part of my belly jump.

8. amily1974

amily1974 Well-Known Member

I didn't feel mine until about 20 weeks, and just flutters. More often but still not tons now at 23 weeks. And this is my 3rd pregnancy... With my 2nd son, I felt them early, but now at 10 months; that certainly reflects his personality!

Welcome to Twinstuff! So glad you found us!

Amy

DS Caleb 6/30/04
    DS Aidan 2/22/06

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I didn't feel movement until about 20 weeks. I hadn't gained anything for awhile, then gained 9 pounds in a month, then the next month only gained 1 pound, so I wouldn't worry about it. It could level out, and even if it doesn't, I wouldn't worry unless your doctor thinks it is a problem.
    Good luck with the quad screen and ultrasound!
    Helen

10. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Isn't it neat to hear the heartbeats??? I first felt flutters around 17-18 weeks, and actual little kicks around 20 weeks. And have fun at the ultrasound, they are so cool!!!

11. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

I started feeling kicks at 13 wks, but this is my second pregnancy. You usually feel them sooner the second time around [​IMG]

12. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Pretty much everybody gets an anatomy u/s at about 20 weeks so that is probably what your midwife is referring to. It's just an u/s where they measure everything on the baby to make sure it all looks okay.

10 lbs of weight gain so far is great. The "gold standard" that so many women have trouble getting is 24 lbs by 24 weeks so you look right on track. Gaining weight early in pregnancy is important with twins since they usually come a little early and they put on their weight a little earlier than singletons.

I felt the girls move at 16 weeks. It was kind of like a butterflies in the stomach feeling. I felt my current baby at 14.6 weeks and his was more of a kick.